Skip to content

Most powerful Beings in the Forgotten Realms?

satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
Here are some alternatives of whhich creatures i think is on top of the food chain in the forgotten realms.
Do you have any specific characters or creatures to add?

Creatures from any ruleset 2.0 to 3.5 are welcome.

Creature Types:

Balor's
Solar's
Tarrasque
Titan's
Leviathan
Dragon's
Pit Fiend's
Liche's
Beholder's - added by Sylvus_MoonbowSuccubus
Succubus - added by Zeratul (cuz their hot...)

Specific Characters:

Elminster
Gromph - Archmage of the underdark
Demogorgon - Prince of Demons - added by doppleganger95
Larloch - Shadow King - Added by Lapa
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun - Lord Mage of Waterdeep - added by Aosaw
Post edited by satyrion on

Comments

• satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2013
    Howie said:

Dungeon Master

Gods and dungeon master can not be posted.
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2013
    But they are the masterminds of everything.

Oh I know. R.A. Salvatore.
    Howie said:

Robert Anthony Salvatore is an author, will you please stop spamming my threads?

• doppleganger95doppleganger95 Member Posts: 27
    Charname

Charname

sorry char name is not an existing being in the forgotten realms.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Creature Type:

Succubus

Because are so sexy!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    satyrion said:

Howie said:

Robert Anthony Salvatore is an author, will you please stop spamming my threads?

He IS in the game though. A cookie to anyone who knows where.
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    Specific character: Larloch (the ultra lich)

-Ed Greenwood said that he is like level 46 spellcaster or something like that.
    -has over 60 liches in his army and 3 demiliches and countless other undead creatures.
    Demogorgon
    Lapa said:

-has over 60 liches in his army and 3 demiliches and countless other undead creatures.

He is not rly a D&D Being now is he... please stick to topic. Troll failed...

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This thread should probably go in Off Topic, since it's clearly not about Baldur's Gate but about the Forgotten Realms setting. I'll move it there now.
    satyrion said:

Lapa said:

How can he not be? Ed Greenwood also created Elminster and u accepted him to your list...

Here are some information about Larloch: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Larloch
    edited January 2013
    Lapa said:

satyrion said:

Lapa said:

How can he not be? Ed Greenwood also created Elminster and u accepted him to your list...

Here are some information about Larloch: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Larloch
    thanks for brining up Larloch the Lich if am not mistaken. If Ed Greenwood was a character in forgotten realms like Elminster he would be on the list, but as far as i know he is not. If you have ever hard of him being a character in the world like other people on my list please share that info with me...

He is however the creator of D&D and unless he took a Peter Jackson that i do now know about that's all he is.
    edited January 2013
    Lapa posted a link to the forgotten realms wiki.
    For clarification, I don't think @Lapa was saying Ed Greenwood was a character in the Realms. He was saying that Ed Greenwood described Larloch as a level 45 lich.
    satyrion said:

Lapa said:

satyrion said:

Lapa said:

thanks for brining up Larloch the Lich if am not mistaken. If Ed Greenwood was a characters in forgotten realms he would be on the list, but as far as i know he is not. If you have ever hard of him being a character in the world like other people on my list please share that info with me...
    Yes I think you misunderstood me. I meant that Ed Greenwood said that he (LARLOCH) is level 46 spellcaster or something like that... Didn't mean that Mr. Ed Greenwood (the author and creator of forgotten realms) is a level 46 mage. Lol :D
    Lapa said:

satyrion said:

Lapa said:

satyrion said:

Lapa said:

thanks for brining up Larloch the Lich if am not mistaken. If Ed Greenwood was a characters in forgotten realms he would be on the list, but as far as i know he is not. If you have ever hard of him being a character in the world like other people on my list please share that info with me...
    Yes I think you misunderstood me. I meant that Ed Greenwood said that he (LARLOCH) is level 46 spellcaster or something like that... Didn't mean that Mr. Ed Greenwood (the author and creator of forgotten realms) is a level 46 mage. Lol :D
    Ohh haha i thought u was trolling me, am not a native English speaker :)

Sorry
    Ed Greenwood is the creator of Forgotten Realms, not D&D. D&D was created by Gary Gygax. TSR purchased the Forgotten Realms setting from Greenwood to sell as a D&D setting.

Ed Greenwood is the creator of Forgotten Realms, not D&D. D&D was created by Gary Gygax. TSR purchased the Forgotten Realms setting from Greenwood to sell as a D&D setting.

ahh okay, i was not exactly sure who he was, but i thought he was the creator of D&D. You learn something new each day i guess :)

satyrion said:

ahh okay, i was not exactly sure who he was, but i thought he was the creator of D&D. You learn something new each day i guess :)

No problem. I started playing PnP D&D in 84 or 85. So all of the books I bought at that time say "by Gary Gygax" on them. It was after 83 because they had the new cover art, but I had friends with the originals.

Wow, it doesn't really feel like that was close to 30 years ago. Man am I getting old.

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Is Gromph really powerful enough to be discussed in the same sentence as Elminster? I mean, he's a badass archmage, but he's still only mortal. Unless I'm missing something that's happened recently that changed the game with the guy.

Hell, last I knew, he was archmage of only his specific city (Menzoberanzan? I have no idea how it was spelled), meaning that for all we know the next city over has a mage that could kick Gromph's ass.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    ME!
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Bigby, Tenser, Rory, Mordenkainen!

What's that you say? "Those are GreyHawk legends!"

DAMN STRAIGHT! I'm old school like that. This spellplague stuff and Ubermage Elminster is fine and all and Ed Greenwood is the nicest guy on earth, but how many Forgotten Realms characters have core rules spells named after them? uh hu.
    Khelben Blackstaff.

Of Blackstaff fame.
    Madhax said:

Is Gromph really powerful enough to be discussed in the same sentence as Elminster? I mean, he's a badass archmage, but he's still only mortal. Unless I'm missing something that's happened recently that changed the game with the guy.

Hell, last I knew, he was archmage of only his specific city (Menzoberanzan? I have no idea how it was spelled), meaning that for all we know the next city over has a mage that could kick Gromph's ass.

-Well he has over 700 years of training being a Diviner/Archmage
    -He hold tons of powerful magican gear and wands

What u say is however true so he's not the most poweful being on the list.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited January 2013
    Some more..

Characters:
    Halaster Blackcloak
    Manshoon
    Szass Tam
    Storm Silverhand

Creatures:
    Fiendwurm (CR 28 - Source: MM2)
    Phoenix (CR 24 - Source: MM2)
    Chaos roc (CR 22 - Source: MM2)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    satyrion said:

Balor's
    Solar's
    Tarrasque
    Titan's
    Leviathan
    Dragon's
    Pit Fiend's
    Liche's
    Beholder's - added by Sylvus_MoonbowSuccubus
    Succubus - added by Zeratul (cuz their hot...)

/eyetwitch
    I'm sorry, I'm usually not much of a grammar nazi and I know it's possibly rude but take it as a learning moment;

It's:
    Balors
    Solars
    Tarrasque
    Titans
    Leviathan
    Dragons
    Pit Fiends
    Liches
    Beholders - added by Sylvus_MoonbowSuccubus
    Succubi - added by Zeratul (cuz they're hot...)

Multiples generally just add an S, not an apostrophe.

Also, I question the addition of Succubi on that list, as a Succubus is only a 6 hitdice monster, of which there are millions in the demon legions. Powerful, yes. Most Powerful, no.
    I suggest adding Fzoul Chembryl, Chosen of Bane to the list (being the head of the church of Bane and ruler of the Zentharim) and Telamont Tanthul, ruler of the City of Shade, level 35 Netherese wizard.