Skip to content

Neera

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    charname said:

@Shin So you are saying there being at least one human female romance option would not add variety? I can't agree on that. For role playing purposes, playing as a human character i'd feel much more comfortable to hit on a human female rather than an elf not to mention a drow. That being said i agree that all the previous female romance options are completely different.
    So in the end what i'm really curious about is how Neera's character will be like. Surely you can be interesting and attractive without being an exotic beauty.

I'll agree it can make a difference from an RP point of view, but what I meant was that the main variation is in the writing of the romance. Jaheira is half-elf for instance, but she could just as well have been human and things would play out pretty much the same (apart from the halfbreed insults), as far as I can see.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

Does anyone know what races Neera will romance, specifically, will she romance a gnome?

Surely you could just do that mind trick thing and tell her "This IS the gnome you're looking for"?
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Communard said:

Does anyone know what races Neera will romance, specifically, will she romance a gnome?

Surely you could just do that mind trick thing and tell her "This IS the gnome you're looking for"?
    Ha! lol Good one!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Gnome illusions to make him/herself look taller.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I just read some threads about the matter, and just to clarify:

Really does not gonna exist banters betwen the old NPCs and the new ones?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    If the romance is restricted to the same ol' Human/Elf/half-elf combo that will be very annoying. Gnomes need lov'in too ya know. ;)
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming each of the three new NPCs will each be a different alignment (Dorn evil, Raz neutral, and Neera good). This isn't a big deal, but I am hoping to play through as an evil party this time, and it will be difficult to keep a good character around.
    @eainterplay, so let's hope they take off the stupid reputation crisis from the neutral characters, that make neutral characters leave at rep 1,2 but not at rep 19,20.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    kamuizin said:

I just read some threads about the matter, and just to clarify:

Really does not gonna exist banters betwen the old NPCs and the new ones?

I believe they can add new dialogue between new NPCs and old ones. They just can't alter existing dialogue.

So, hopefully, Viconia will have things to say to Dorn, and Neera and Dynaheir can talk about magic, etc.
  • EldrythEldryth Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2012

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming each of the three new NPCs will each be a different alignment (Dorn evil, Raz neutral, and Neera good). This isn't a big deal, but I am hoping to play through as an evil party this time, and it will be difficult to keep a good character around.

I'm pretty sure we don't know, but it is pretty likely. From the descriptions on the site, Dorn is clearly evil, but the others could be either neutral or good (but Neera is probably chaotic and Rasaad lawful). Either way, I'll be taking Neera and Rasaad, and igoring Dorn.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    Has anything been said about weather or not any of these new characters will continue on in BG2? Just curious.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    It has been said that they plan on bringing the character over to BG2. Of course, these are just plans because they are still busy finishing BG:EE.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @recklessheart, spot on. it will be hard to beat the old characters, but yes, i hope rashaad is the bisexual option here. i just hope they made effort and all of the three new character have some depth and realistic conflict.

i do not think i will be happy if i will have to listen about: 1.inner light and brother
    2.death of students and jokes spoken in cheery voice
    3.bloodthirst and vengeance- ALL THE TIME. lets limit the psychological healing sessions and focus on character development.
    trinit said:

3.bloodthirst and vengeance- ALL THE TIME. lets limit the psychological healing sessions and focus on character development.

...But psychological healing IS a form of character development.
    @Schneidend it is, but why on every character and all the time. like i said let's LIMIT it, not throw it away ;)
    i have my doubts that rashaad gonna be sexual, much more bisexual, What i fear with time is that mod mania that add a romance to every NPC made, and speaking of this i remember that one of the most nice NPCs that i played didn't had a romance, like kindred, kido and valen.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2012
    Considering the vast amount of time since BG1 was released, the fact that we don't have a romance mod for every character pretty much means theres no need to fear that ever happening.
  • EldrathEldrath Member Posts: 20
    Gonna play a Wild Mage myself, and looking forward to having her in my party alongside it. What's more awesome then a Wild Mage.. 2? :D
    @Schneidend you still have a point, but it is mostly the PC that is the therapist here. i would love to see NPC trying to do some freudian sessions and actually give you reputation/virtue points if you agree/disagree enough with them, you know, have a bit of influence on you just like you shape them (just an example).
    you know, somehow lessening the feeling that PC is obviously superior in a relationship.
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58
    Maybe she can romance with CHARNAME and Imoen at the same time... well, at the time of BG1 we still don't know the "truth" about Immy so why not give it a try :)
    trinit said:

@Schneidend you still have a point, but it is mostly the PC that is the therapist here. i would love to see NPC trying to do some freudian sessions and actually give you reputation/virtue points if you agree/disagree enough with them, you know, have a bit of influence on you just like you shape them (just an example).
    you know, somehow lessening the feeling that PC is obviously superior in a relationship.

That would be an interesting change of pace, actually. Despite being able to talk about your experiences growing up in these relationships, none of them have let CHARNAME really vent. I mean, you're 17-20 at the start of BG, and your first real world experience outside of the monastery is your father's grisly death. That's pretty damn rough, and when you finally talk about it, it's going to be more like an explosion than a conversation. I want to see that.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

trinit said:

...But psychological healing IS a form of character development.
    But it can be annoying if your character is like Shinji from Evangelion.

Yorleen said:

Neera's got a little something of Imoen, I like it. :

''She's a cute one isn't she?''

As in, the only sane one in a room full of crazies?

As in, the only sane one in a room full of crazies?
    No, the only one who keeps whining all the time.
    The fact that Shinji whines is what tells you he's not crazy.

The fact that Shinji whines is what tells you he's not crazy.

But he's still annoying.
    Is he? Or are you just so used to badasses who are already used to being under fire from a giant monster destroying stuff in anime that the idea of a guy who is just a normal kid who cannot handle it entirely alien to you? Or, perhaps, or does it hit too close to home that the "whiny guy" role like Shinji, or Aerie, or whomever, is how 90% of us would act in any kind of end of the world scenario?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    If Shinji spontaneously gives birth in the next movie, I'm leaving.

Whiny is not a likeable characteristic. It lacks something like... conviction? The person is complaining but they aren't taking action or even making a decision. If a character doesn't like something and they complain about it and then leave the party or turn hostile, it's fine.