Skip to content

Customization Mod

CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
edited December 2012 in General Modding
I have created a fairly simple mod that will do much customization for you and you can just move the mod from install to install. This will install your Portraits, Scripts, Characters and Player Soundsets (with strings). It does require the user to edit a few paths, but hopefully the instructions in the ReadMe are simple enough to understand. Let me know and I can edit it.

You can find it at SHS here: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1018-bgee-simple-customize-mod/

Override Location

There seems to be some confusion as to the location of the override folder. Just to clarify where to create the 'override' folder if you do not have it already. Create it in your main Program Files install INSIDE the 00766 folder.
Such as this:
D:\Programs\Beamdog\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override

Post edited by Cuv on
swnmcmlxiajwzPhoenixDownAndreaColomboJamessecretfireKreatur3csuzwviaderLediathTanthalasSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaakButtercheeseTheGraveDiggerlolienJuliusBorisov

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Been playing with this for a while to ensure its working. Only problem I see are some of the sound texts are wrong. Just be aware of that, you may need to tweak them yourself and certainly will if you add another new soundset. Still, its a good example that people can use.
    lolien
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    My override folder is found here: F:\BeamDog\00766\data\override and I think the compiler is looking for it elsewhere. Is there some way I can point it here?

edit: I just sent you the .debug log.
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13
    @Azchar111 Have you tried putting your override folder in the 00766 folder instead of the data folder? I think that would help.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Kiea said:

@Azchar111 Have you tried putting your override folder in the 00766 folder instead of the data folder? I think that would help.

Thanks, that worked perfectly.
    Will my override directory still function correctly outside the data folder?

Cuv
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13
    Yes, I tested Cuv's mod for him with the override directory outside the data folder and the portraits changed for me, the scripts installed and the soundset worked. It will work fine outside the data folder.
    Cuv
    Glad you got it sorted @Azchar111 :D
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2012
    I've read this sounds portion over and over again, and I have absolutely no idea what it is talking about, and I have a degree in physics. Do I even need to install anything if thats all I want? Is it just telling me to unzip things to a folder, delete your sounds, and rename my custom soundset to your sounds names? What 'example' is included?

Edit: Ah, I see - the example .2da and the example soundsets. See though, how do I know what to rename under the old naming scheme to match your new naming scheme? I'm trying to convert the Driel soundset for use, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. This should be something really quick and easy.

Edit2: I see again - the format of the names is the same, it just looked different because I was comparing Drielx with Female7X, and so on, so it was confusing. Now I just have to figure out where to copy this .2DA file you have, I think?

LastEdit: Huh, seems to be working now with even just a basic copy/paste. Not sure why. I tried installing a soundset yesterday and it wouldn't even play, but now its working just fine, with the renamed-everything, and without. Well, not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Post edited by secretfire on
    @secretfire You dont have to use the installer... but the installer creates the strings for your soundset. Up to you. You can just use the 2da and rename/copy/paste too. Like I say, this is just an example. Tear it apart, edit it, see what it does and make your own, whatever you want:D

But if you want a simple way to install and uninstall your custom stuff... use it to plug in your own numbers and files/filenames into the TP2/TRA and folders... then just run the installer. But of course, that takes a little more action on the user's part.
    lolien
    Updated topic post with override location since there seems to have been some confusion on where that should go. You will need the override for any other mods that come out too.
    lolien
  • LaevistusLaevistus Member Posts: 12
    I haven't tested this yet, but I must applaud your effort for doing this. I really hope more people start adding to the community and the community surrounding Tutu can jump on this and create their own modifications and player-driven content.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    does anyone know the Clua Code for Dradeel ?
    @Seldar There are two: DRADEE.cre and DRADEE2.cre Not sure which one you need
    lolien
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Do you know what exactly is wrong with adding soundsets?
  • AmeraAmera Member Posts: 29
    I had a couple custom ones working a week ago but they all seem to have stopped, even the FEMALE7 one that came with it. Not sure why! I never touched that entry and only added strings at the end.
    Yes, something has changed with the way sounds are done it seems. We all might just have to wait a bit for some confirmation from the devs. ... and a fix.
  • KeryvianKeryvian Member Posts: 14
    Custom soundsets will work if you add the wavefile reference in the .tra file (i.e. '@7 = ~Yes?~ [FEMALE7H]'). I've been using a modified version of Cuv's mod to add both the FEMALE7 and another soundset for BG2, and they both work fine.
    CuvCrevsDaaklolien
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    We'll have an easier end-user solution for custom soundsets soon. I think some of the changes that broke the functionality were related to stuff we had to do to make it easier to add subtitles to soundsets.

Changes are relatively simple for any modder or mod installer (and it works better, to be honest) but for the end user who just wants to dump files into the soundset directory and have it work, it no longer works properly -- so, hopefully we'll have a solution for next patch that makes life simple.
    CuvCrevsDaaklolien
  • Valarian25Valarian25 Member Posts: 40
    Nathan said:

We'll have an easier end-user solution for custom soundsets soon. I think some of the changes that broke the functionality were related to stuff we had to do to make it easier to add subtitles to soundsets.

Changes are relatively simple for any modder or mod installer (and it works better, to be honest) but for the end user who just wants to dump files into the soundset directory and have it work, it no longer works properly -- so, hopefully we'll have a solution for next patch that makes life simple.

Great becouse i dont have the patience to do the "mod til you drop" anymore.. thats why i got BG EE in the first place....

am just gonna shelve this game til it gets a easy fix....

it sure is fun playing league of legends with randoms .. ehhh

• Skin_RobberSkin_Robber Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I'm just having a great deal of troubles to change the appearence of my Char. It's a Fighter/Mage, but i wanna make him look like an elf thief, with the hoody and all. Is there any way to do this?? Any SIMPLE way, may I add! Hehehe

PS: I already try with the SK, but it's been difficult to me make it work.
    @Skin_Robber You can use Ctrl+6 or Ctrl+7 to scroll down or up through the animations in the game until you find the one you want to use. Select your character with cheats enabled, hold down Ctrl and press 7 to scroll up through the animations.
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86

I'm just having a great deal of troubles to change the appearence of my Char. It's a Fighter/Mage, but i wanna make him look like an elf thief, with the hoody and all. Is there any way to do this?? Any SIMPLE way, may I add! Hehehe

....its really easy with SK, I don't think there is an easier way.
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013

1. Unrar to your Override folder inside the game folder
    2. Ingame use cheat code "CLUEConsole: CreateItem("xxxyyy")
    3. Drink it
    4. Profit

(and bear in mind that the effect is permanent)

• ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Tried to download this 12/3/13 but can't be unzipped as it's apparently corrupt?.
    Just tried downloading from SHS and extracting. All looks fine. 7z opens it fine, not sure what you are using.

This is kinda old stuff now.... apart from just the 'how to package a mod' example that it is... most of the things in it are a year out of date. Throw that weidu.exe away and grab the newest one, for example.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Cuv
    Cuv said:

Just tried downloading from SHS and extracting. All looks fine. 7z opens it fine, not sure what you are using.

This is kinda old stuff now.... apart from just the 'how to package a mod' example that it is... most of the things in it are a year out of date. Throw that weidu.exe away and grab the newest one, for example.

It is a zip file or a 7Z? I truly want custom soundsets and I can't make them work in any way I've tried (in BG:EE, they work fine in BG2:EE).
    Not having customs soundsets is stopping my Quasit run...
    Cuv
    It is a normal .zip file. 7zip opens it easily. I abandoned winzip and winrar ages ago , but they *should* work to open it :)
    CrevsDaak
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    This is exciting, since I've been unsuccessful at adding my own soundset so far and no one seems to know why it doesn't work, I'd love to give this a try.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited February 2014
    If someone would like to try my soundset to see if they can get it to work for them I'd appreciate it.

For the life of me I cannot get this to work, even with the Simple Customization Mod. My sounds are always mute. I did manage to get the dialog strings to show up though, but still the sound is mute...

I specifically remember in the past when working with Icewind Dale 1 & 2 soundsets, having to use a tool to convert my custom sounds from .wav to a special kind of .wav format, or a slightly tweaked .wav format before they would work in the game. I even had to use the same tool to use .wav files from the game in applications and such I made for the fun of it. In order to make the .wav files from these games work with a .NET application I had to run the same process, but in reverse. I am really surprised no one has brought this up in any of the threads I've looked at about this "muted" sound issues, because this is exactly what my problem is and I would bet my fingers that it's because my .wav format is not the 'correct' kind of .wav.