Skip to content

44 Priest Kit

MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
edited January 2013 in General Modding
This thread will be used for the progress and development of the 44 Priest Kit. The Human and Arcane Priests are taken from "Faith and Avatars" (1996) while the Demi-Human Priests are from "Demi-Human Deities" (1998)

I. BASIC FEATURES OF THE KIT

1. Adds 6-9 deity kits into one through the game's Alignment System. Each "subkit" is tied to a specific alignment.

E.G. If you choose a Human who is Lawful Good then you'll be under the rules of the Painbearer of Ilmater but if you choose Chaotic Good then you'll be under the rulles of the Silverstar of Selune.

By condensing all the kits into one, it saves up space in the Character Creation interface for more Cleric mods. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes will only see two kits available to them; The Arcane Priest and the Priest. However a Half-Elf will have The Arcane Priest, the Priest (Human) and the Priest (Elven).

2. Adds Deity specific spells and uses the Priest Sphere System. Each subkit has at least three individual spells not found anywhere. Not everything can be brought across into the Mod, so there will be some aspects left out.

3. Can turn the PC into a subrace depending on the Alignment. Some of the kits require specific sub-races, so upon character creation you're character will turn into something like a Golden Elf or an Aquatic Elf, instead of just the regular Elf.

II. CURRENT PLAN OF THE 6 KITS

ARCANE PRIEST - Avaliable to All

LG - NA
NG - Dweomerkeeper of Mystra LN/CN/NG
CG - Windwalker of Shaundakul CN/CG
LN - Earthwalker of Grumbar LG/LN/N/LE
TN - Waterwalker of Istishia CG,CN,N
CN - Airwalker of Akadi CG/N/CN/CE
LE - Firewalker of Kossuth LN/NE/LE
NE - Icepriest of Auril NE
CE - Waveservant of Umberlee CE

HUMAN PRIEST - Avaliable to Humans, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs

LG - Painbearer of Ilmater LG
NG - Morninlord of Lathander NG
CG - Silverstar of Selune CG
LN - Watcher of Helm LN
TN - Lorekeeper of Oghma N
CN - Battleguard of Tempus CG/CN/CE
LE - Dreadmaster of Bane LE
NE - Nightcloak of Shar NE
CE - Stormlord of Talos CE

DWARVEN PRIEST - Avaliable to Dwarves

LG - Sonnlinor of Moradin LG/LN
NG - Trailblazer of Marthammor Duin NG
CG - Vuddor of Thard Harr NG/CG
LN - Alaghor of Clangeddin Silverbeard LG/LN
TN - Delvesonn of Dumathoin LG/LN/N
CN - Hurndor of Vergadain N/CN
LE - Thuldor of Laduguer LN/LE
NE - Norothor of Deep Duerra LN/NE
CE - Aetharnor of Abbathor LE/NE/CE

ELVEN PRIEST - Avaliable to Elves and Half-Elves

LG - Sword Dancer of Elistaree LG/NG/CG MUST BE FEMALE
NG - NA
CG - Goldheart of Hanali Celanil CG
LN - NA
TN - Skinwalker of Rillifane Rallathil N
CN - Mischiefmaker of Erevan Illesere CN
LE - Amorphite of Ghaunadaur LE/NE/CE MOSTLY MALE
NE - Spidersword of Selvetarm NE/CE
CE - Arachne of Lolth CE MOSTLY FEMALE

GNOMISH PRIEST - Avaliable to Gnomes

LG - Glitterbright of Garl Glittergold LG/NG
NG - Pyrosmith of Flandal Steelskin NG
CG - Fastpaw of Baervan Wildwalker NG/CG
LN - Sternshield of Gaerdal Ironhand LG/LN
TN - Earthblood of Callarduran Smoothhands NG/N
CN - NA
LE - NA
NE - NA
CE - Bloodstalker of Urdlen CE

HALFLING PRIEST - Avaliable to Halflings

LG - Horn Guard of Yondalla LG
NG - Truesword of Arvoreen LG/NG/LN
CG - Luckbringer of Tymora CG
LN - Grimwarden of Urogalan LG/NG/LN/N
TN - Greenfoster of Sheela Peryroyl CG/NG/N/CN
CN - Misadventurer of Brandobaris NG/N/CN
LE - NA
NE - NA
CE - NA

III. LIST OF KITS NOT CHOSEN

OTHERS HUMANS

-Sunlord of Amaunator LE/LN
-Doommaster of Beshaba CE
-Deathstalker of Bhaal LE
-Druid of Chauntea N
-Strifeleader of Cyric NE/CE
-Glyphscriber of Deneir NG
-Peacemen of Eldath NG/N
-Gondsmen of Gond NG/LN/N/CN
-Darkwalker of Ibrandul CN
-Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim LE
-Doomguide of Kelemvor LN
-Mistcaller of Leira CN/CE
-Joydancer of Lliira CG
-Pain of Loviatar LE
-Talon of Malar CE
-Demarch of Mask NE
-Tuneservant of Milil NG
-Darkbringer of Moander NE/CE
-Druid of Silvanus N
-Heartwarder of Sune CG
-Malagent of Talona CE
-Holy Champion of Torm LG
-Holy Justice of Tyr LG
-Goldeye of Waukeen N

OTHER ELVES

-Yathrinshee of Kiaransalee CE MUST BE FEMALE
-Darkmask of Vhaeraun NE/CE MUST BE MALE
-Masked Traitor of Vhaeraun CE MUST BE FEMALE
-Halycon of Aerdrie Faenya CG/CN
-Circle Singer of Angharradh CG
-Totem Sister of Angharradh NG/CG/N/CN
-Feywarden of Corellon Larethian CG
-Sea Druid of Deep Sashelas N
-Aquarian of Deep Sashelas CG
-Lone Wolf of Fenmarel Mestarine CN
-Chronologian of Labelas Enoreth CG
-Starsinger of Sehanine Moonbow CG
-Dhaeraowathila of Shevarash CG/CN

OTHER DWARF

-Faernor of Berronar Truesilver LG
-Xothor of Dugmaren Brightmantle NG/CG
-Barakor of Gorm Gulthyn LG/LN
-Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe CG/NG MUST BE FEMALE
-Thalornor of Sharindlar CG

OTHER GNOME

-Hoodwinker of Baravar Cloakshadow NG
-Earth-Friend of Segojan Earthcaller LG/NG

OTHER HALFLING

-Homesteader of Cyrrollalee LG

IV. GAMEPLAN FOR KIT DEVELOPMENT

I'm going to take one subkit at a time. So I would start with converting the pre-existing Talos, Helm and Lathander kits. Then go to the next one depending on requests. Popular kits will be a priority whilst obscure ones will be the last attempted.

I may not get to the target of 44, but I'm planning on getting at least 8 and across the different Racial spectrum. The Crusader Kit I did was a dry run of this idea and it can be done.

For now, I'm asking for feedback on the kits I selected and for which ones I should focus on.

I'm going to post in following entries the kit outline of each subkit as I tackle them, to get feedback on how best to apply them to the game.

V. VISUAL DESCRIPTIONS OF THE KITS

I don't want to crowd this post, so I'm posting visuals from "Demi-Human Deities", the sourcebook for the above demi-human priest kits.

(from left to right, kits marked with an * are being incorporated)

drow.jpg - Sword Dancer of Elistaree*, Spidersword of Selvetarm*, Arachne of Lolth*, Amorphite of Ghaunadaur*, Darkmask/Masked Traitor of Vhaeraun, Yathrinshee of Kiaransalee.

dwarf.jpg - Vuddor of Thard Harr*, Thulgor of Laduguer*, Hurndor of Vergadain*, Trailblazer of Marthammor Duin*, Thalornor of Sharindlar, Sonnlinor of Moradin*

dwarf2.jpg - Norothor of Deep Duerra*, Faernor of Berronar Truesilver, Aetharnor of Abbathor*, Barakor of Gorm Gulthyn, Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe, Delvesonn of Dumathoin*

gnome.jpg - Glitterbright of Garl Glittergold*, Sternshield of Gaerdal Ironhand*, Bloodstalker of Urdlen*, Earthblood of Callarduran Smoothhands*, Pyrosmith of Flandal Steelskin*

halfling.jpg - Truesword of Arvoreen*, Homesteader of Cyrrollalee, Greenfoster of Sheela Peryroyl*, Grimwarden of Urogalan*, Horn Guard of Yondalla*, Misadventurer of Brandobaris*

elf.jpg - Dhaeraowathila of Shevarash, Hoodwinker of Baravar Cloakshadow, Starsinger of Sehanine Moonbow, Ranger of Solonor Thelandira, Fastpaw of Baervan Wildwalker*, Skinwalker of Rillifane Rallathil*

elf2.jpg - Mischiefmaker of Erevan Illesere*, Chronologian of Labelas Enoreth, Halycon of Aerdrie Faenya, Lone Wolf of Fenmarel, Goldheart of Hanali Celanil*, Sea Druid/Aquarian of Deep Sashelas
  1. Which of the 6 Priest kits would you use?60 votes
    1. Elemental
      23.33%
    2. Human/Half-Elf
      26.67%
    3. Elf/Half-Elf
      16.67%
    4. Dwarf
      20.00%
    5. Halfling
        1.67%
    6. Gnome
      11.67%
Post edited by Mordeus on
IllustairIgnatiusKamigoroshitrinitScooterAntoncertusMykraMetallomanAristilliusSpaceInvaderCrevsDaak

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited January 2013
    Is there nothing for Mystra? Currently I'm torn between Elemental and Human/Half-Elf. Oh there it is, in other human category - a Dweomerkeeper of Mystra. According to this link, they can "function normally within dead magic and wild magic zones". Can that be done in-game? If so, I'm sold.

EDIT: Looks like you just edited your post. Dweomerkeeper of Mystra isn't included after all.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @Illustair: The Dweomerkeeper kits conflicts with Helm, Tempus and Lathander kits. To add that in the Human Priest kit would be the removal of one of them.

I think I'm going to add it into the NG - Elemental Priest category. I'm going to actually change the name of the Elemental Priest into Arcane Priest because that's really what it is.

I can easily give it Wild Magic spells and I assume when it means Dead Magic, it means Major Sphere in Necromancy. I probably won't give it Wizard Necromancy spells just to balance it. The Dweomerkeeper is probably one of the easier kits to achieve since it doesn't really have any Deity Spells really unique to that Deity.
    Anton
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2013
    Ah I see, I'm going to have to track down a supplement that lists what is classified as Dead Magic. Looks like there might be a mention in "Forgotten Realms Adventures" (1990).
    edited January 2013
    Mordeus said:

I think I'm going to add it into the NG - Elemental Priest category. I'm going to actually change the name of the Elemental Priest into Arcane Priest because that's really what it is.

I think that's the best way to do it. However, it only makes things worse for me...now I'm completely undecided between the new arcane category and human/half-elf. By the way, is this possible - "Permanent Alertness; whenever a backstab succeds, there is a 50% chance of the backstab being ineffective against the Watcher of Helm"? To completely nullify backstab damage 50% of the time?

Sorry, I don't get what you mean. My understanding is that "function normally within dead magic and wild magic zones" means you can cast spells normally even in dead magic or wild magic zones (I can't remember if there are any in BG1, but there are certain places in BG2 that have those annoying zones). If you haven't played BG2, in that game:
    There are specific areas wherein you can't successfully cast a spell at all. Magical items also become ordinary items IIRC, e.g. Longsword+3 would simply become Longsword or Scroll of Fireball would just become an empty scroll. I can imagine that's very hard to achieve.

Wild zones are similar to some extent. When you cast a spell in that area, it will result in a wild surge.

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Why nothing for Half-Orcs?
    I can make a kit immune to backstab then give it a 50% chance of activating.

Oh I get what you mean now about zones. I assumed it was another word for schools but in the supplement it does say "dead magic and wild magic areas". I think I would have to see what is added to the area files of these zones. There might be a way of cancelling out that but at the moment I'm not quite sure.
    Illustair
    Dazzu said:

Why nothing for Half-Orcs?

I'm planning on eventually doing a Shaman kit that is for Half-Orcs as there wasn't enough Cleric lore to make a kit of their own. Well there just wasn't any Deity specific Cleric kits for Half-Orcs that I'm aware of. But I might eventually treat it like the Half-Elf and give it access to the Human Priest kit.
    Awesome, thanks. Is it final that Dweomerkeeper of Mystra would be under Arcane priest (previously Elemental)? So can already cast my vote. :-) Arcane! Then Human/Half-Elf would be a very close second!
    I'm starting off with the Stormlord of Talos from Faith & Avatars. This is slightly different from Priest of Talos, namely it provides more chaos.

Advantages:

- They suffer normal damage dealt by cold and fire based magic and breath weapons.
    - Immune to lightning and electrical damage.
    - At level 1, may cast Shocking Grasp once a day.
    - At level 3, may cast Call Lightning once a day.
    - At level 5, may cast Control Winds once a day.
    - At level 7, may cast Lightning Bolt once a day. Every three additional levels allows for an additional day of casting.
    - At level 10, may cast Control Weather once a day. Can only make the weather worse.
    - At level 15, may cast Earthquake once a day.

Spellbook Exclusives:

WIND LASH (2nd); Inflicts 2 points of damage per level per successive attack, at the caster's nomral THAC0.

STORM SHIELD (3rd); For 6 rounds, grants immunity to winds, lightning, normal missiles and heat or cold.

STORM CONE (5th); Creates a vortex that inflicts 5d4 points of damage and summons lightning bolts that inflict 2d4 points of damage.

Major Spheres:

ALL/ANIMAL/ASTRAL/CHAOS/COMBAT/ELEMENTAL/HEALING/NECROMATIC/SUMMONING/SUN/WAR/WEATHER

Minor Spheres:

CREATION/DIVINATION/PROTECTION/TIME

It's a pretty powerful Cleric kit but I picked this to start cause most of it is already in the game. Storm Cone will be a reworked version of Cone of Cold but with the added bonus of random lightning bolts. While Wind Lash is dead easy because it is supposed to be 'invisible'.

I'm going to neglect "Control Winds" and "Control Weather" for now because I'm not sure if it is possible to mess with an Area file's weather.

I might ditch "They suffer normal damage dealt by cold and fire based magic and breath weapons." but keep the lightning immunity.

Any ideas of what to keep and what to change?
    IllustairKamigoroshitrinit
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Cannot stress one more time how much of an awesome project this is. I voted Halfling but the races I usually play are Human/Halfling/Gnome so am interested in all those kits really.

Your idea of using the alignment system to combine 9 kits into 1 is very smart. One of your challenges will be to ensure the new spells are "balanced" for a BG run. Having several spells unique to each kit as well as casting spheres will add much depth to the clerical class (which happens to be my favourite class).
    edited January 2013
    @Mordeus
    How about Gust of Wind instead of Control Winds? I think I've seen weather manipulation spells from other mod, it could be from a powerful item from The Darkest Day...or was it just Day/Night spell? What's Wind Lash, is it a buff spell where your next attack deals as what the description says? Or a one-time touch spell?
    [Deleted User]
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited January 2013
    Mordeus said:

Great!
    If it will be implemented with all the features I would definitely try one!
    http://dndtools.eu/classes/dweomerkeeper/
    http://forum.dnd-gate.de/index.php?topic=15224.0;wap2

Also interested in Painbearer of Ilmater if it would posses some interesting feature.
    Feature example: instead of "Turn Undead" button add "Martyr" ability by activating which cleric may transfer all the damage from selected creature\ally to self (while active). Also I think only staff and fist should be allowed to use
    Illustair
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I would play a True Neutral Dwarwen priest.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    @mordeus this is a fantastic idea and puts my kit pack clerics to shame, the scope and ambition is great. Send me a message if you are after any help with this and I will be happy to lend a hand
    Illustair
    @mordeus this is a fantastic idea and puts my kit pack clerics to shame, the scope and ambition is great. Send me a message if you are after any help with this and I will be happy to lend a hand
    Illustair
    I just did a very rough outline of the mod.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwxUZXZbu5bpaXVfV1Z1aWZaOFk/edit

So far I've assigned all the priest spells currently in the game to each of the 44 clerics. Haven't had time to add the wizard spells they use though. So several of the Arcane Priest clerics are quite barren.

The mod is going to have an extremely long list of .eff files. Pretty much 44 times the usual kitmod.

I'm quickly in the next hour going to vector the new icons for the spells and convert them into .bam format. They are pretty much going to be traces of each deity's symbol. I figure it would be best to start on laying the foundation of the mod and get as many resources done as possible.

I ran into a few problems so far, but I managed to fix all but one. I've tried to apply opcode 290, so when you select the kit and start a new game.... the title "Human Priest" would change to Watcher of Helm or Dreadmaster of Bane depending on alignment. The only problem is that it requires a constant specific string number. So I need Weidu to create an instance of a string with a number that isn't just one more than the current maximum and to give it some text at the time of installation. Then it would be quite easy to implement.
    KamigoroshiIgnatius
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Mordeus said:

ELVEN PRIEST - Avaliable to Elves and Half-Elves

LG - Sword Dancer of Elistaree LG/NG/CG MUST BE FEMALE
    NG - NA
    CG - Goldheart of Hanali Celanil CG
    LN - NA
    TN - Skinwalker of Rillifane Rallathil N
    CN - Mischiefmaker of Erevan Illesere CN
    LE - Amorphite of Ghaunadaur LE/NE/CE MOSTLY MALE
    NE - Spidersword of Selvetarm NE/CE
    CE - Arachne of Lolth CE MOSTLY FEMALE
    I love the work you are doing here, but isn't Eilistraee a chaotic good deity? Her followers can branch out into NG, but LG seems like a stretch. I would probably put her at NG/CG/CN and must be female instead of the LG/NG/CG break you currently have.

Also, it's odd to see you not including the Feywarden of Corellon, especially since it would be the perfect kit for the empty NG placing. I could understand if it was a lesser divine, but it's the head of the elven pantheon. You have four Drow deities yet don't have the head of the Tel'Seldarine. In fact, with the exclusion of Corellon and Angharrdadh (second most powerful in the pantheon and prime deity of Moon Elves) you have the two largest 'good' elven gods on the bench.

IIRC, the most powerful and represented of the elven gods were/are: Corellon (Star and Sun Elves), Angharrdadh and/or Sehanine Moonbow (Moon Elves), Deep Sashelas (Aquatic Elves), Aerdrie Faenya (Avariel), Eilistraee (Good Drow Elves), Lloth (Evil Drow Elves), Vhaeraun (Male Drow Elves).

Either which way, love the scope of this.

edited February 2013
    @mordeus you could use a quick script to detect Player1's alignment then use ActionOverride(Player1, AddKit(KITNAME)) and just add the kit for each kitname, the strings related to the kit will be changed automatically and your problem is solved.
    MykraIllustair
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Pretty impressive and awesome project. I wish you all the luck.

Also. How about adding Dalla Thaum for evil halflings?
    @Myrka: She is a CG deity, however her specialty priest, the Sword Dancer may be of LG, NG or CG alignment. The tricky thing about the Elven pantheon is that their specialty priests are mostly CG, so I had to really capitalize on other alignments. But looking back I back bump the Sword Dancer down to a NG alignment slot since the priest I had of that was really suited to a Druid/Ranger kit.

@Requiem: You make alot of sense. I'm going to implement all the changes you've suggested to me.

@Scriver: I'm working off the Demihuman Deity supplement and it lists a series of kits for each Deity. However the only Halfling deity listed that I denied was Cyrrollalee. I'm trying to find a reference to Dalla Thaum that includes a kit outline but so far I can't find it. Which is a shame because I really did want to include an evil Halfling kit.
    Ok fixed implemented Requiem's advice and I have to admit, it looks much cleaner than it did before. The scripting also worked perfectly.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwxUZXZbu5bpN2Frc1Y2Y3ZKbzg/edit

I've decided to split the Elven Priests into Cleric and Ranger kits. So there is about 5 for each, mainly because most of the "Priests" were actually Rangers. Namely the Sword Dancer. I'm going to insert the Crusader kit I did before and a Shaman one that I'll make after the majority of this is done just to fill in some of the "gaps". Namely because the Half-Elf gets three kits, and the others get two, I will give the others an additional Cleric kit just to balance it out (Crusader for Human, Shaman for Half-Orc, etc...). Also I'll give the Human a Limbant Ranger kit to balance out the Elven Rangers. Those three kits were already in development prior, so might as well use them. I'm interested by the Shaman, because its' a Totemic Druid style Cleric who summons a companion that stays around until death like Find Familiar. If you summon a wolf, you get increased movement speed, if you summon a dead spirit you get more necromancy spells in your spellbook, etc... I think it has some interesting potential for solo runs.

I'm also surprised at how easy some of these subkits actually are. There are six that are reliant on Wizard spells already in the game. The elemental ones of Kossuth, Istishia, Grumbar and Akadi can be done once I order the wizard spells into the Elemental Schools. The Pyrosmith is pretty much a Fire Elemental Paladin, the Halcyon is a Wind Elemental Druid, the Aquarian is a Water Elemental Druid and the Glitterbright is an Illusionist meets a Paladin.

There are other kits that look quite easy too. Namely the Greenfoster who is a copy of a Druid whose unique spells are blatant rehashes of existing spells. Like the Royalberry being a slightly better version of Goodberry and Sheela's Entangle being a better Entangle. Then others like the Skinwalker are pretty much a a Cleric with the transformation spell of the Shapeshifter. I also noticed that the Dweomerkeeper probably can be done since I've identified a spell or two that are the cause of the Dead Magic Zones, all I have to do is give it immunity to it.

The hard part will be the kits that require very specific spells to be created. The one that I don't look forward to is the Dreadmaster of Bane, he requires 9 new spells to be created just for him. I might chicken out and replace him with the Sunlord of Amaunator, Deathstalker of Bhaal, Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim or the Pain of Loviatar who fit the LE alignment nicely. The Deathstalker of Bhaal interests me just because he is Bhaal and it would be funny to have a child of Bhaal being a priest of Bhaal but also because he gets a ceremonial dagger that has a .5% chance of inflicting instant death. It's a nice little gimmick.

I also noticed that the vast majority of Advantages for each kit are "once a day" usage of spells. So I think I might break a rule here and there, to just add any mentioned wizard spell into the priest spellbook instead. I never liked having hundreds of single use spells cluttering the Innate Spell menu.

I tested out creating a .bam process and that's pretty hard. It doesn't seem as simple as creating a .bmp and converting it to a .bam file. I'm going to have to set a day aside to learn more about it. Eventually I plan to extract spell animations and just recolour them, them repackage them as new spells. Whilst rasterizing vector illustrations of new and old spell icons and making buttons out of them.

Once I do get halfway in this project, I'm going to branch out to the Fighter and Thief classes, to make Racial kits of them. So instead of making a Dwarven Berserker, you'd actually make a Dwarven Battlerager. And instead of an Elven Bounty Hunter, you'd make an Elven Huntsman. Instead of a Halfling Thief, you'd make a Halfling Urchin, etc... But that's for way later.

As for now, I'm going to take a couple days break from this to get other stuff done. But I think I can get 8 of the kits done over the weekend.
    IllustairKamigoroshi
    You're making quite a progress, I see. You've just put a big smile on my face. I'm certain I'm just one of many who feel very thankful for your arrival in BG:EE modding community. :-) I'm no modder by any means, but allow me to extend my thanks to @Requiem also. You've always been a big help to other modders. These mods (including yours of course) are the reasons that will keep BG alive for us for the longest time.
    AntonKamigoroshi
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I like your plans. "Urchin" is totally insulting though. We don't take kindly to no short/child jokes around here! :P
    @illustair Your thanks is gratefully received, and I like helping others to realise what they want to achieve in the game. I am not exactly an expert in modding either, but i seem to find it easier than some. Maybe someday if enough people start making high quality content there will just be one mod for BG:EE that has all of the best fanmade content loaded into it, a BG:EE 2.0 lol.
    Illustair
    Back from my short hiatus. A couple of changes, I dropped the idea of having Elven Ranger kits. Instead these cleric kits will be replicated for Rangers, Druids and Paladins. Because there are certain weapon and armor restrictions I can't add in for a Cleric kit. Besides it works for the Lore of the Faith & Avatars supplement, since these kits apply for all divine spellcasters.

I also had to remove some kits because they just didn't have anything that I could port into BG that was unique.

- Waveservant of Umberlee
    - Painbearer of Ilmater
    - Lorekeeper of Oghma
    - Hurndor of Vergadain
    - Norothor of Deep Duerra
    - Aetharnor of Abbathor
    - Halycon of Aerdrie Faeyna
    - Misadventurer of Brandobaris
    - Plus the Ranger kits are all gone.

Instead I've introduced the Mistcaller of Leira, Holy Justice of Torm and the Peaceman of Eldath instead.

I've also added 26 priest spells into the kit just to boost up some of the spheres, so the only spheres that are useless are the Traveler and Astral spheres.

To keep things ordered, I'm working on just the Human Priests at the moment. But will then move to the Arcane ones.

I also intend to change the method of selecting the kit. Instead of having the alignment dictate the kit, I'm going to have dialogue appear at creation which will ask the user to pick a deity. The reason being that I could open up some racial kits to other races as the supplements dictate. Not only that but there are some really easy to make kits that I can't touch at the moment because they conflict with another pre-existing kit. Upon picking the deity, you'd also have to pick your new alignment.

To make things even simpler I'm going to try and trigger this dialogue through the main Cleric class. So you won't see any of these kits on the creation page. So if you choose a deity you will become that kit, if you deny it then you'll continue on as a normal Cleric.

I'm working to get all 9 human kits and at least the outlines for the 26 new spell done by tomorrow.
    Illustair
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Hello Mordeus,

It's a hell of a plan You have with these kits I see, but progress is rather fast which is really nice:)

I checked my FR resources and stumbled upon some material from Thomas. M. Costa called "Prestige in the Realms vol.1" - which can be picked up from here: http://www.4shared.com/office/Sc0Dyx-Z/Forgotten_Realms_-_Prestige_in.html.

I realize that it is rather semi-official stuff, but thought it could be used since Thomas M. Costa did some stuff for WotC in the past.

There are some prestige classes You could try to convert to BG needs (my favorite Primate of Bhaal for instance).

Just a thought, maybe You'll find something worth squeezing into Your kit pack:)
    The Primate of Bhaal has some similarities to The Deathstalker of Bhaal which I'm intent on including. Some of the Cleric kits listed are included in Faith & Avatars like the Peacemaker of Eldath. Others like the Circle Singer are just too difficult to add.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Mordeus

Yeah, I noticed that some prestige classes were already converted from 2nd ed., but thought that something could be included to Your kitpack.

Glad to know that You will include a kit related to Bhaal. Roleplaying a servant of Bhaal, while being his offspring could be a lot of fun :) I rarely play evil characters (I know, that's odd :P) but for this opportunity I can't wait!
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Can't add "All" to the poll? ;)