"Red slayers!"
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Love that thread.

[SPOILER]Balthazar[/SPOILER]
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    What can I say. I love killing dragons.
    atcDave
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Bald guy was my favourite just because I thought he was somewhat different from the others in motivation. I think he would have made a more interesting overall antagonist, to be honest. I love what Ascension did with him.
    lunarAntonFlashburn
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    Bald guy. Because he is nicest towards me :)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Yaga Shura For Shur!

Like if being a fire giant son of a god and leader of an army of hundreds giants and humans was not enough,
    he manage to become invincible by having his own heart set on fire with a ritual performed by his stepmother.
    To thank her, he magically removed her heart and put it into a chest xD
    Then joined the other 4 most powerful bhaalspawns (except Charname) to accomplish his plans.

That's exactly what I expect from one of the Five.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    For me Illasera looks like a joinable npc who happened to become a villain. I wish I knew more about her and her "redslayer" party!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Sendai because, well, DROW. How can you not love 'em?

On a different note, it's extremely sad how diminished Illasera's role is. Could have done a lot more with her than the 30 seconds it takes to kill her! :(
    Xavioria
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumXavioriaFenghoang
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Illasera because I always wanted her to join my party.
    zupsky
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    Mostly because I loved her dungeon... The Spectator is in there :)!
    Aedan
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Sendai because she's basically the only one who didn't underestimate me and KNEW my power as soon as I entered her domain. She gave me props and I gave her props... Sucks that I had to kill her.

On another note, I really think that most if not all of the five deserved to be fleshed out alot more. I think all of them deserved a chapter where you find out more backstory about each of them and how they found out about themselves, and later what each of their particular reasons for joining was... besides Yaga Shura, who you talk to after you kill him...
    DJKajuru
    Some complain about ToB, but I side with them on this part ... the five were very interesting villains!
  • _N8__N8_ Member Posts: 77
    I despise Sendai, not sure whether it's the absolutely terrible voice acting, horrific writing, or her boring linear dungeon! Maybe a combination of all of them.. The return of the spectator makes up for it, though :]
    XavioriaFlashburn
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    I have a thing for dragons.

(The thing is a sword.)
    ElzarathlDanielHolm
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Yaga Shura For Shur!

Like if being a fire giant son of a god and leader of an army of hundreds giants and humans was not enough,
    he manage to become invincible by having his own heart set on fire with a ritual performed by his stepmother.
    To thank her, he magically removed her heart and put it into a chest xD
    Then joined the other 4 most powerful bhaalspawns (except Charname) to accomplish his plans.

That's exactly what I expect from one of the Five.
    What he said.

• lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Nifft said:

I have a thing for dragons.

(The thing is a sword.)

This.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Sendai! Cause is a drow!
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Timmy
  • HesseHesse Member Posts: 27
    I picked the bald guy even without playing Ascension. Now I'm even more curious to try it.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Illasera, poor thing, she was used as cannon fodder....
    toanwrathXavioriaDJKajuru
  • MalachyMalachy Member Posts: 13
    Sendai because of the unique fight and the fact she threw pretty much everything she had against you.

Although it could have been bald guy because of his different motivations.
    XavioriaDJKajuru
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @geselle LMAO did you just call Illasera a "poor thing"? Usually that's what we call Imoen who has a measure of innocence... you DO remember that that "poor thing" was trying to kill us, right?
    Sendai is the one I felt happier for killing!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Sendai is an incompetent villain and could be defeated by a much less-experienced party than when you get to her in ToB. Constantly throwing pathetic slaves my way isn't going to stop me.

My real gripe with her is her VOICE ACTRESS. Goddamn, that's near the top of my list of "Things that piss me off in Throne of Bhaal." What the hell were BioWare smoking when they decided to let this untalented chump do a MAJOR VILLAIN'S voice!? Seriously, the contrast between the voice of one of her drow commanders in a cutscene (who does Xan) and Sendai is so stark that I can't believe anyone hadn't killed her yet for being annoying.

The most irritating thing is that she attempts a British accent and fails to do it consistently. She'll sound like an American one second, then (heh) "British" another.

Stupid bitch.
    _N8_lolien
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2013
    I like Illasera because I like the idea of a female nemesis to a number of my female characters. Mellissan and Sendai and most villains wait for you to come to them, but I like thinking about another bhaalspawn freely roaming the realms with her party as you do. Shame she didn't get more appearances throughout the series.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited February 2013
    Sendai's my favorite, for the simple joy of her reaction scenes, as she get more and more annoyed and suddenly realizes it's THE Bhaalspawn attacking her, and freaks the %^$& out. Priceless.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
    DJKajuru
    Coutelier said:

I like Illasera because I like the idea of a female nemesis to a number of my female characters. (...) Shame she didn't get more appearances throughout the series.

Indeed! She shows a lot of personality, even though you just get to know her for 3 minutes.
    Xavioria said:

Sendai because she's basically the only one who didn't underestimate me and KNEW my power as soon as I entered her domain. She gave me props and I gave her props... Sucks that I had to kill her.

On another note, I really think that most if not all of the five deserved to be fleshed out alot more. I think all of them deserved a chapter where you find out more backstory about each of them and how they found out about themselves, and later what each of their particular reasons for joining was...

Indeed! I'd like to understand why SendaI still obeys matron mothers, and how she can worship lolth while she seeks other divine sources.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    @Xavioria If a lion or cheetah gets shot, you'd say the same thing, though both animals are confirmed maneaters.
    Illasera was send to die against you, not to stop you, therefore i call her a poor thing.
    XavioriaDJKajuru
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2013
    Flashburn said:

Sendai is an incompetent villain and could be defeated by a much less-experienced party than when you get to her in ToB. Constantly throwing pathetic slaves my way isn't going to stop me.

My real gripe with her is her VOICE ACTRESS. Goddamn, that's near the top of my list of "Things that piss me off in Throne of Bhaal." What the hell were BioWare smoking when they decided to let this untalented chump do a MAJOR VILLAIN'S voice!? Seriously, the contrast between the voice of one of her drow commanders in a cutscene (who does Xan) and Sendai is so stark that I can't believe anyone hadn't killed her yet for being annoying.

The most irritating thing is that she attempts a British accent and fails to do it consistently. She'll sound like an American one second, then (heh) "British" another.

Stupid bitch.

Oh GOD! I had completely forgotten about Sendai's voice acting. You're right, it's unbearable.

Here's the scene you're talking about:

(embedded videos never work for me, so I'm not sure if it links to the right place. If it starts at the beginning of the video, skip ahead to 13:47)