Skip to content

Plussed Scimitars SPOILER!

Is it possible to get Drizzt's scimitars?

Can it be done without bloodshed?

I seem to remember Cattie was in BG, but it could be a brain fart on my part, or I'm thinking of the CB item in Divine Divinity.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    With no bloodshed? I doubt it, although I have never tried pickpocketing them.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Reportedly they can be pickpocketed even though the animation shows him holding them in his hands.

There are many threads on how to kill him, paste this into a Google search: site:forum.baldursgate.com, "kill drizzt"

Pickpocketing is your best bet. Killing him is very difficult.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Lemernis said:

Reportedly they can be pickpocketed even though the animation shows him holding them in his hands.

There are many threads on how to kill him, paste this into a Google search: site:forum.baldursgate.com, "kill drizzt"

Thanks VERY much for that link, apart from the variety of ways, apparently you lose 10 rep, so I'm going to have to leave it as I have only 5 rep at the moment, but its nice to see that creative minds have come up with some cool (and humerous : love the death by squirrel) strategies, cheers! :)

Thanks all for the replies :)
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    You won't lose 10 reputation points.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You will if you have really high rep. Otherwise, no, you won't.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    In a recent game my Jester was able to pickpocket both of his Scimitars on the first try, I had 80% base pick pockets, 5% from casting Luck, and 2 x 40% from two potions of Master Thievery (available from the wandering merchant near Durlag's Tower) - 165% pick pockets, though you could probably do it with less (though not as reliably). No rep loss at all. Safana is now wielding with Icing Death, I sold Twinke - thia can only be wielded if your character is good-aligned

BTW even if you pickpocket his scimitars, he still attacks as if he had them, if you attack him later. You can't pickpocket is armour.

With BGEE there is also an extra +2 scimitar mid-game, and a +1 Wakazashi (early on) and Ninja-To (mid-late game), as well as another +2 one on top of Durlag's Tower, that's always been there (not easy to get, though).
  • sivistojkosivistojko Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Is there a way to keep them in BG2? Theres a guy who warps in after you finish with vampire lair who claims to be Drizzt's friend and just takes them away from you.

And frankly speaking, I don't understand why was that script developed in the first place if they allowed us to kill Drizzt and acquire his weapons and armor?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Fiach said:

I seem to remember Cattie was in BG, but it could be a brain fart on my part, or I'm thinking of the CB item in Divine Divinity.

There's a brief appearance by Cattie (and the rest of the gang) in BG2, but in BG1 it's Drizzt alone.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

With BGEE there is also an extra +2 scimitar mid-game, and a +1 Wakazashi (early on) and Ninja-To (mid-late game), as well as another +2 one on top of Durlag's Tower, that's always been there (not easy to get, though).

As a note, though, the +2 Scimitar is *really* easy to miss unless you know where it is, since it vanishes if you leave the map (or rest?) before getting it, as it is just sitting on the ground and presumably gets picked up by another passing adventurer.

As a note, though, the +2 Scimitar is *really* easy to miss unless you know where it is, since it vanishes if you leave the map (or rest?) before getting it, as it is just sitting on the ground and presumably gets picked up by another passing adventurer.
    Can you tell me where it is please?

@Oxford_Guy, thanks for the heads up, i'm Lawful Evi, so I wouln't be able to wield them anyway, so you have save me agonizing over them :)

Thanks all for the replies :)
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    35% pickpocketing + potion of perception is enough to steal them, though you'll have to reload many times.

@ Fiach : Only one of the two scimitars cannot be wielded by evil NPC.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    edited February 2013

Is there a way to keep them in BG2? Theres a guy who warps in after you finish with vampire lair who claims to be Drizzt's friend and just takes them away from you.

Technically yes. If you refuse to hand the gear over, the mage will simply cast Imprisonment on everyone in your party, killing you all.

-HOWEVER-

If everyone in the party is immune to Imprisonment (through whatever means), weird stuff will happen. And I mean WEIRD. The mage will continue to follow you around, adding weird, clunky cutscene-like bits to whatever area you zone into. It will also break some of the game scripts in the process! (Note: similarly weird stuff happens if you attack the Shadow Thieves leaders early on and get Arkanis Gath hunting you; he also instant-kills, but will fail if you are immune to death magic. Fun stuff ensues.)

So while it's possible, it's not recommended. There are mods that simply remove this nuisance, letting you keep the gear if you so choose. Which tbh is alright, since it's nowhere near as good in BG2 as it was in BG1. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that at the point where you can get the items, you won't even want to use them because you have better alternatives.

• Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    (Spoilers) The + 2 Scimitar Eud is reffering to can be found in the Spider Area of the Cloakwood forest. Keep searching the area, without resting or leaving, and you'll come across it eventually.
    Jared4242 said:

(Spoilers) The + 2 Scimitar Eud is reffering to can be found in the Spider Area of the Cloakwood forest. Keep searching the area, without resting or leaving, and you'll come across it eventually.

Thats great as I havent been there yet, many thanks for that :)

35% pickpocketing + potion of perception is enough to steal them, though you'll have to reload many times.

Excellent, thanks for the advice :)

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Fiach said:

Excellent, thanks for the advice :)

The first one you'll steal is the one you'll can wield (IIRC) ;-)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Cloakwood scimitar is pretty much due south of where you enter the spider map, on a cliff. Just keep going south from where you start.
    Thats great info, thanks guys, makes it alot easier :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    Every time I read about Drizzt it's either cheese or wine.

I try to play a no/minimal reload game, and have failed on 125% pickpockets before more than once, so think 160%+ is preferred if you play no/minimal reload and don't want Drizzt to chunk you!

Indeed, Iceing Death (+3 and 50% Fire Resistance) can be used by *any* alignment
    Bhaaldog said:

I try to play a no/minimal reload game, and have failed on 125% pickpockets before more than once, so think 160%+ is preferred if you play no/minimal reload and don't want Drizzt to chunk you!

Indeed, Iceing Death (+3 and 50% Fire Resistance) can be used by *any* alignment
    Interesting that a fail occurred at 125% as I assumed that would be proficient perhaps it was changed in EE.
    It was two fails in a row, in fact, with the second one turning him red-circled...
  • pcmodempcmodem Member Posts: 16
    Is it just my PC, or does Icing Death not really grant the 50% Fire Resistance?

When I look under the resistances section, no fire resistance is listed.
    pcmodem said:

Is it just my PC, or does Icing Death not really grant the 50% Fire Resistance?

When I look under the resistances section, no fire resistance is listed.

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure it does. Did you try scrolling to the end of your character record to see if it's listed at the end instead? Also, it displayed the Cold Resistance icon on your portrait instead of the Fire Resistance one, but that's just a display bug
    edited February 2013
    Okay @pcmodem - Fire resistance shown here:

Incorrect Cold Resistance icon shown here:

• pcmodempcmodem Member Posts: 16
    Thanks, I'll double-check later.

Finished the run through already with that character, but coincidentally was thinking of starting a new run through with Safana in the party.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    He's holding onto creature only weapons which are overkill. His actual weapons are in his inventory which is why you can pickpocket them.
    Lemernis said:

He's holding onto creature only weapons which are overkill. His actual weapons are in his inventory which is why you can pickpocket them.

Why do you say "overkill"?