Skip to content

What's our average age?

Comments

• RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136

I won't tell my age, but I grew up playing Bard's Tale on the C64!

Dude, I'm playing bards right now on my iPad,it's the whole trilogy, u can download if from the app store!
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Yeah I grew up on C64 too! I'm a Pole I'll be hitting 30 next year. D&D and might&magic world practically build my perception and made me a happy man who is living in happy relationship. I can't imagine living my life with no spellcasting or lurkin' in the shadows where the evil is about to get his throat slit :D ......hope that's not too much:)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I may be up there but I still feel like a 20 year old.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    I am 39. I am from Serbia. Was introduced to this game by a very good friend who gifted me this game for my birthday. BEST gift I ever received :-)
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I'm a 33 year old Englishman, played the original during my university years! Good times indeed.
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    22, American. Been playing since 2003 when I bought the Complete Collection of BG2 at Gamestop on a whim.
  • drakerddrakerd Member Posts: 23
    26 here, played BG1 all the way through BG2 TOB. Heh, playing when I was like 10 was pretty amazing as I was a mega noob. Still the best RPG IMO.
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    20 and half, from Romania. <3 BG
  • CairhiinCairhiin Member Posts: 5
    Rann said:

Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).

Count me in as old as well. 40 here, and played Baldur's Gate the moment it was released. It feels ages ago.

• sknskn Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    I'm 21.
  • killykilly Member Posts: 18
    Im 21 from edmonton but living in calgary. Got started on bg in 1998 in a very curious way i had recently become related to one of the people who worked on the original bg and got it as a gift from him. He is actually the one whose character portrait is the archer.
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2012
    I was 17 when BG came out and bought it a few days after it was released because a friend recommended it to me. Never looked back :)
  • EldrathEldrath Member Posts: 20
    23 (24 on saturday) and dont remember when i first played it, but it was back in the 90's so maybe 1 year or two after its launch.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Rann said:

Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).

thank God, i'm 33 and was feeling very old myself. Bunch of youngin's that don't know what it's like to play the game barefoot in the middle of the winter when it's snowing in your house because ROOFS HADN'T BEEN INVENTED YET, DAGNAG IT!!!

Roofs weren't invented yet, fyi, because we were all playing this new game everyone was talking about called baldur's gate, and running around looking for minature giant space hamsters to teach us the proper way to fight the unholy forces of evil. Ahhh, good times.

• KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Let's increase the average age some more. I'm 28.

Baldur's Gate was actually the first game I ever bought. It was a choice between BG and Thief and even though I know I made the right choice eventually, I would not have regretted buying Thief either. That was a really great time for gaming back then.

Unfortunately I loaned my original 5 cd version to my nephew, who managed to destroy them somehow. I still have the map and the huge box it came in, but no game.
    @konabunga

Let's all have a moments silence. :(
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @konabuga Thief is the greatest game of all time.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

@konabuga Thief is the greatest game of all time.

Blasphemy!!

Please excuse me whilst I go and boil my eyeballs, to cleans them!!!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

Do me a favor and walk past beam dog and drool for me!

Gets funnier every time I think about it.

• maldrenmaldren Member Posts: 4
    I'm 27 from Costa Rica... I've always have BG2 installed since I got it for christmas in 2000.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    37. I guess I'm a greybeard amongst all these 20 somethings
  • WinterstormWinterstorm Member Posts: 19
    27 from Australia here. Started playing in 1999 (finished rolling my character stats in 2004 :p). Been addicted ever since, but still have yet to explore all of the different possibilities the game offers (probably the thing i love most about the BG series).
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    im 22 started playing Bg when it first came out, but it took my forever because a. i didn't really understand the combat system and died a lot b. I could only play when my dad was at work
  • ArtemielleArtemielle Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    I'm a 23 year old student/BSA from Toronto, Canada. I started playing Baldur's Gate in '98 after my older brother bought it. I couldn't believe you could play as a dwarf and made fun of my brother SO much over it. He ended up giving it to me and I installed it on my good old 486 (it could hold BG and two whole mp3s!) and fired it up...took me a while to figure out what fog of war was ;)
    Post edited by Artemielle on
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    While I didn't read each and every one, I guess being 55 makes me one of the old dogs. Played original BG and BG2 since 98, until my wife tossed the discs. No other game comes close so I couldn't play them. P.S., my new wife is much more understanding and I can't wait.
    @munin I here by dub thee BG elder, and bestow, unto you, all rights and responsibilities of the position, here with! let no man or woman name you as troll or flamer, for based on age and wisdom, tis thy Devine right to grumble and stick thy most noble and aged nose in, as you see fit! Elder Munin, we welcome you to the boards!
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    25, in Afghanistan! Well temporarily.
  • ShogoShogo Member Posts: 31
    I´m 23, from Spain. Played BG when I was 10 thanks to my brother. I loved that game, the second part and then Icewind Dale I and II.