Skip to content

Lost track of the TENDAYS for ANKHEG armour creation

I don't think this is as good as the FULL plate armour I currently have and being this late in the game, getting armour thats weighs half as much isn't going to make that mush of a difference.

I am nearing 200k gold from all LOOTS and there isn't a FANSHY SMANSHY magical item of great power I can still buy so there isn't much point in carrying that little extra bit more.

Its a bit silly as there isn't an easy way to keep track of the 10 days - I have gone back multiple times and still no armour.

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited February 2013

I don't think this is as good as the FULL plate armour I currently have and being this late in the game, getting armour thats weighs half as much isn't going to make that mush of a difference.

If you play a unmodded game (protection restrictions still normal) then the Ankheg and (normal) Full Plate Mail (AC1) is the best armors you can get, for the simple reason you can wear a prot. ring/amu/cloak with them.

A +1 prot. item takes you down to the same AC as the "better" magical armors but you also get +1 bonus in saving throws from the prot. item.
    But there are also +2 prot. items which will make your AC lower then the "better" magical armors and you also get the +2 bonus for saving throws.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

I am nearing 200k gold from all LOOTS and there isn't a FANSHY SMANSHY magical item of great power I can still buy so there isn't much point in carrying that little extra bit more.

Its a bit silly as there isn't an easy way to keep track of the 10 days - I have gone back multiple times and still no armour.

Apart from the weight, Full Plate is better, at least vs. slashing and missile/piercing damage
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    If you check your journal, you can see if the required days have passed or not.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124

I checked my journal and its not in there.

I definitely sold the ANKHEG to the Smithy and remember the dialogue where he said it would be 10 days.

Maybe I should just CHEAT it in?! LOL bloody hell hahaha

• RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Are you playing BG:EE or vanilla? In BG:EE you can check the journal to see if the Ankheg Plate Armour is ready or not.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Freche said:

If you play a unmodded game (protection restrictions still normal) then the Ankheg and (normal) Full Plate Mail (AC1) is the best armors you can get, for the simple reason you can wear a prot. ring/amu/cloak with them.

A +1 prot. item takes you down to the same AC as the "better" magical armors but you also get +1 bonus in saving throws from the prot. item.
    But there are also +2 prot. items which will make your AC lower then the "better" magical armors and you also get the +2 bonus for saving throws.
    Full plate is still better than ankheg, as it has better AC modifier vs specific weapon types. Assuming that strength/weight isn't an issue.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited February 2013
    There should certainly be a note in your journal as to when you began the waiting period. Perhaps you're looking under the wrong chapter heading? Go explore halfway across the map and come back, that should eat up some time.

Also, your SPORADIC CAPITALIZATION makes me FEEL like I'm reading a SCREENPLAY. Not trying to INSULT you, I just found it AMUSING.

FADE OUT.
    Post edited by Madhax on
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    In my playthrough Taerom Fuiruim asked me three days to complete it and make it exactly in this time
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    I think you sold him the shells instead of asking him to make the armor.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013
    Fafnir said:

One of the latest patches has modified Taerom behaviour. Unlike vanilla BG1 or unpatched BGEE, you can now sell shells for as long as you like, then have him make the armour, then keep selling shells for as long as you like. This also make totally useless the guy in BG that buys shells too as Taerom pays more.
    Erg said:

Fafnir said:

One of the latest patches has modified Taerom behaviour. Unlike vanilla BG1 or unpatched BGEE, you can now sell shells for as long as you like, then have him make the armour, then keep selling shells for as long as you like. This also make totally useless the guy in BG that buys shells too as Taerom pays more.
    Ok I think I must of sold him the shells instead of getting him to make the armour then but I do remember him saying come back in 10 days and it will be ready.
    I have been all the way around BG explored every part, gone into the sewers and gone on the sea voyage and back, to Beregost and back to Feldpost Inn and back, surely that must be past 10 days by now.

I've looked through my JOURNAL in every Chapter but unable to find it.

I was considering doing the Gerde quest to sell the Ankheg shells to the guy in BG but I already killed the Ankhegs there and sold the shells to the Taerom - whats the point?

RIGHTEO what is the cheat code for it? lol

Madhax said:

There should certainly be a note in your journal as to when you began the waiting period. Perhaps you're looking under the wrong chapter heading? Go explore halfway across the map and come back, that should eat up some time.

Also, your SPORADIC CAPITALIZATION makes me FEEL like I'm reading a SCREENPLAY. Not trying to INSULT you, I just found it AMUSING.

FADE OUT.

There is no 'italics' or 'bold' editing when typing comments - so to emphasis or put stress on certain words i use capitalization instead.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Try putting the words between **. *like this*. It usually works for emphasis I find, and appears less like you are shouting at us or acting out a screenplay.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    THESE forum post snobs, are getting on my wick *sniff*

When I write in caps it usually means I'm shouting...

About to see Terom after killing a couple of ankhegs so will check the timer... Don't expect a quick reply!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Ok I think I must of sold him the shells instead of getting him to make the armour then but I do remember him saying come back in 10 days and it will be ready.

BG:EE shortened the time it took to make the armor, so Taerom actually tells you to come back in three days. If he mentions a tenday, you've sold it to him.

There is no 'italics' or 'bold' editing when typing comments - so to emphasis or put stress on certain words i use capitalization instead.

Use these tags:

<i>Write italics stuff here.</i>
    <b>Write bold stuff here.</b>
    <u>Underline.</u>
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    yeah i was going to say, i dont remember it taking that long, 3 days sounds about right

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("plat06")

Fixed!!!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited February 2013

I checked my journal and its not in there.

I definitely sold the ANKHEG to the Smithy and remember the dialogue where he said it would be 10 days.

Maybe I should just CHEAT it in?! LOL bloody hell hahaha

Could you have changed chapters in the interim? That would explain why the quest no longer appears in your journal.

For me, I think it is great because Viconia can wear it without reducing her ability to carry items.
    edited February 2013

Could you have changed chapters in the interim? That would explain why the quest no longer appears in your journal.

For me, I think it is great because Viconia can wear it without reducing her ability to carry items.

Ok there might be some confusion between the JOURNAL entries and the QUEST entries.
    I always though this was a Journal entry.

But its not in either.

And also what do you mean by 'changed chapters in the interim'?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

And also what do you mean by 'changed chapters in the interim'?
    Each chapter of the game has its own heading in the journal and quest entry. If you've progressed into a new chapter since delivering the shell, you'd have to turn back to an old chapter to view when you originally dropped off the shell.

Each chapter of the game has its own heading in the journal and quest entry. If you've progressed into a new chapter since delivering the shell, you'd have to turn back to an old chapter to view when you originally dropped off the shell.
    Its not in there.
    I think I sold them all because if Taerom was suppose to say 3 days he didn't, he said 10.