Skip to content

Random system lock ups/freezes with Windows 8 on bootcamp mac!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Game randomly locks up my whole computer!!!!

DETAILS:
I'm running windows on Boot Camp macbrook pro. I had this game running perfectly on Vista service pack 1, and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to Windows 8. After working through a series of issues to get the game working after the upgrade I finally got to the point where the game plays... at least until it FREEZES!!!! I mean not just a game freeze up but it'll just lock my whole computer up. There's no rhyme or reason to when/why it just randomly freezes up. Freezes typically occur during gameplay, but this latest time it actually locked up in the main screen when you decide if you want to play the different types of games.

- Have updated my audio/video drives to the latest

Computer:
Macbrook Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
RAM: 4 Gigs
Running Windows 8 Pro 32 bit
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce320M

Comments

• GeutGeut Member Posts: 7
    @mlnevese

can you help me with my problem above plz!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Geut I'll tag @Aosaw to guide you :)
    @mlnevese ty sir! Driving me nuts I can't play right now =(
    @Aosaw can you help me please?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Make sure your drivers are up to date; upgrading from Vista to Windows 8 may have wiped your drivers clean, which would cause issues if the base drivers don't have excellent OpenGL support.

Give that a try, and let me know if you still have issues.
    edited February 2013
    @Aosaw
    Ok so I've updated my NVIDIA driver and my sound driver, already. Is there another driver I'm missing? if not then that resolution does not solve the problem.
    Post edited by Geut on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    This discussion was created from comments split from: *** READ BEFORE POSTING: Master technical FAQ ***.
    edited February 2013
    This is definitely a driver issue, so make sure everything is as up-to-date as it can be.

Btw I split the discussion from the Master Technical FAQ because it's not the place to post new problems at. Just create new threads when you want to report problems.
    @Zeckul so if I've already updated my video/audio driver what other driver would I need to update? Please help!!
    Chipset, LAN, all the hardware basically. Your motherboard is probably Intel, check out http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect . Unfortunately Bootcamp often has issues with drivers, it's not the ideal platform to run Windows on.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    I believe Windows 8 is not officially supported by Bootcamp yet. There are lots of threads in Apple's forums about issues such as the Bootcamp control panel not loading in Windows 8, for instance.