Skip to content

Phone/Smartphone

Ezzaam4FutbolEzzaam4Futbol Member Posts: 72
edited July 2012 in Android (Archive)
Hi everyone,

I was planning to buy the android version of Baldur's Gate for my android Phone. My Htc One X is actually large but is it playable on it? For me, it doesn't need to be accurate at 100% but we don't have a mouse to move the map properly. Even with a tablet it would be hard I think... I saw some people play Baldur's gate with GemRB(something like that) and it horrible to move(I didn't tryed by my self so...).

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Considering the basic engine of BG, I think you're going to have a bad time playing it on a 5-7' screen, regardless of whether it will work or not. The buttons will be either way too tiny to press or the UI will take up 80% of the screen.
  • Ezzaam4FutbolEzzaam4Futbol Member Posts: 72
    But the thing is that the game will really be a android game. Unlike the GemRB Baldur's gate i saw, it should be possible. I agree about the buttons that are often too tiny(thinking about Heroes 2 on Android). I guess i will have to wait to see some review on it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The developers alread said they don't think the game is playable in anything smaller than a 7 inch screen. It would require further rework of the UI.