Skip to content

[(BG2, BGEE) bug] Magical rings and armor (0813)

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited August 2012 in Fixed
...are not supposed to be worn together, however, currently ankheg plate (plat06) and the Practical Defense (plat08) are slipping by this requirement.

I've also added a couple of items spotted by @Wisp to future-proof this for BG2EE as well.

APPEND itemexcl.2da "bruenpla 1" UNLESS bruenpla APPEND itemexcl.2da "leat06 1" UNLESS leat06 APPEND itemexcl.2da "plat06 1" UNLESS plat06 APPEND itemexcl.2da "plat08 1" UNLESS plat08
Post edited by Bhryaen on
AndreaColombo

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @CamDawg

The Ankheg plate was removed from that interdiction because its not really a magical armor.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    It's restricted in BG1 and BG2.
    @CamDawg

Yeah I know.

I guess you probably disagree with this because its really not a bug and it technically makes an already great armor even more powerful which brings about balance issues.

But personally, I think the Ankheg plate should never have been considered a magical armor in the first place.

If anything, I'm more inclined to agree with reducing the armor class of the Ankheg plate by 1 or 2 to account for its increased utility.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited July 2012
    @Tanthalas

Nah, if I really wanted to start a fight I'd point out how the Cloak of Balduran should be restricted, but then we'd have to delve into the pointless and arbitrary nature of the multiple protection item rules. :)

Ankheg plate should be restricted but there are, at least, some plausible reasons for its removal.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited August 2012
    checking this one in now

Potentially fixed - @CamDawg 's fix has been applied with the Ankheg Plate commented out for if we ever determine that the Ankheg is an innately magical creature.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Lol @CamDawg, the cloak of balduran should probably be restricted :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed working for me
    Well, bruenpla doesn't even exist in bg1ee (it will be ok in bg2ee) - this will scare dltcep a bit.
    ankheg armor was not added because other betazoids would revolt
    The other 2 remaining items are magical, existing and added.
    Confirmed Fixed in Build 0815

I can't test bruenpla, but leat06 and plat08 both count as magical armor and cannot be equipped at the same time as the ring of protection +1.