Skip to content

Steam - patches.

i have been sitting on the sidelines now deciding on if i should post something on forums and with the recent patch (2014) i have decided it is time!

I am a massive fan of Baldurs gate, and was lucky enough to acquire a copy of the :EE through a gift on steam from my partner, who in return i purchased a copy for with the intent of playing through the game with her.

now, this is all well and great, and i understand that of course there will be bugs, but in buying the Enhanced edition you are breathing a fresh life into an old coffer.

my issue here is with Steam, now between me and my partner we have spent 40 bucks on the exact same game that everyone else here has purchased, and yet it seems that for those of us who supported via another means (steam) are second thought.

the new patch has still not hit steam, and from what i understand all patches leading up to this one have been delayed too.

So when everyone is saying ''thanks for the patch guys - wicked'' we want to be one of those people too!! instead i'm sat here thinking "F this, i wish i could just get my money back and play the old copy from GoG!" ... but i'm not a fair weather supporter and i'm sure there is a solution!

now i'm not asking for miracles here or for oceans to part, i have asked on the steam forum.. no answer.. does anyone know when the patch will be available on steam? or is there a link that myself and partner can download and patch the games ourselves.

Thanks -

CJ

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Atari has received the patch, but unfortunately it's up to them when the patch is released for Steam users. We're hoping it's released soon, but we can't say for certain when that might be.
    Sylph
  • CjmbcCjmbc Member Posts: 3
    im suprised the word soon has not been trademarked in the gaming industry, You could make a mint ;) .. thanks for the hasty reply!
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    bah making me recruit not just getting it from the source..
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Atari released the product on Steam with little to no consultation with Beamdog, and they control all the content through Steam.

So don't come here yelling at them, it's literally not their fault. Go to Atari's forum and yell at them.
    GodKaiserHellSplod
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't think anyone was yelling at us, @Luigirules. But thank you for your support. ;)
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    That's fair.

But remember in this situation...only one company involved in this caused the video game crash of 1983...and Beamdog didn't exist yet.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Aye wasn't complaining about beamdog, I was lamenting not getting the game directly from beamdog and getting it from steam
  • CjmbcCjmbc Member Posts: 3
    just want to say guys, that today is the 28th and theres still no patch on steam.. Not your fault, but its really dissapointing! i wish i had baught the game via Beamdog and cut Atari out... But more fool us i guess.
  • That's fair.

But remember in this situation...only one company involved in this caused the video game crash of 1983...and Beamdog didn't exist yet.

Well, to be fair, *this* Atari wasn't involved in that either. This Atari is just the latest company to put on the desiccated husk of that entity. Like a skindancer, if you will.