Skip to content

NPC Color Changes in the 2014 patch

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Aosaw said:

I've always been partial to the neon blue "I'm secretly Ice Man" hair color, myself.

I occasionally use that on Tieflings in ID2. Though I have no idea on the existence of hair colour products in the Forgotten Realms, so dunno if it would fit "normals" too?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Aosaw said:

I've always been partial to the neon blue "I'm secretly Ice Man" hair color, myself.

It would be the hair color of choice if I could be a Ice Dragon Diciple. ;)

A normal, non-textmarker blue would be nice for the non-dragon decendants tho.

Also, I now need to check if Shar-Teel was changed. On her portrait, she's clearly a blonde, but the paperdoll had orange-brown hair.

Noooooooooooo! I use a nice new portrait with red hair for her!

...great, now I have to edit Shar-Teel back to vanilla. ;)
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Shar-Teel uses slightly different clothing colors now, but the hair and skin are the same.

Re: Rasaad, just because he's a member of the Order doesn't mean he has to be a Sun Soul Monk. First of all, not everybody has a kit; those things are rare. Second, he's strongly moon-themed, to the point that I find the current Sun Soul Monk a bad fit, more appropriate for a devotee of Lathander, Sune or Amaunator.

Maybe in BG2EE he'll be found again at the Temple of Amaunator with a new, shiny kit acquired through training and meditation. Right now, he's still just a young monk. I like him the way he is.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    I don't understand the complaints about the new colours. I think they are awesome because now you don't have to reassign major colours to everyone if you want everyone to have different major colours, and now people who display OCD-like obsessions over the circle colours can be happy they don't have to mess with as much stuff.
    This change is the one that made me turn the coloured circles back on. It was just too much of a hassle before. =D
  • HandofCromHandofCrom Member Posts: 16
    Personally, I speculate that in 2 Rasaad will have the option to pick up either kit. There's too much corrupting evil characters, I'd like the chance to redeem a goody-goody.
    Hm, there IS potential. I always had secret dreams about corrupting Keldorn, to justify having him in an evil party. But that would also destroy everything I like about him, so I could only have a "nerfed" Keldorn (not gameplay-wise, but he'd feel wrong). Corrupting Rasaad would be a nice alternative, and make way more sense since there's Viconia as a priestess of Shar, who could influence this in a quest. The most awesome part about that would be: NPC to NPC interaction that results in a major change, instead of charname pulling all strings. There's also Haer'Dalis romancing Aerie, though that doesn't change alignments or anything of importance (unless charname romances Aerie). I can totally see Rasaad and Viconia in a similar situation; Rasaad following his goodness and being open about Viconia's faith and her gaining more and more influence over him, resulting in a NPC to NPC romance converting Rasaad to her faith. I like that.

Also lol about Shar-Teel having new clothing colors, but still the mismatched hair. :D
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    On the subject of the color changes for characters, the Nashkel guards look pretty neat.
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    edited February 2013
    @tilly

Ive heard Dorn goes either way if that whats youre into.:)

• DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2013

Hm, there IS potential. I always had secret dreams about corrupting Keldorn, to justify having him in an evil party. But that would also destroy everything I like about him, so I could only have a "nerfed" Keldorn (not gameplay-wise, but he'd feel wrong). Corrupting Rasaad would be a nice alternative, and make way more sense since there's Viconia as a priestess of Shar, who could influence this in a quest. The most awesome part about that would be: NPC to NPC interaction that results in a major change, instead of charname pulling all strings. There's also Haer'Dalis romancing Aerie, though that doesn't change alignments or anything of importance (unless charname romances Aerie). I can totally see Rasaad and Viconia in a similar situation; Rasaad following his goodness and being open about Viconia's faith and her gaining more and more influence over him, resulting in a NPC to NPC romance converting Rasaad to her faith. I like that.

Also lol about Shar-Teel having new clothing colors, but still the mismatched hair. :D

I also think the Guild War questline in BG2 is a great opportunity for changing Rasaad's outlook. Since his brother was killed by Shadow Thieves Viconia and CHARNAME both could stoke his hatred of them. I could imagine if the party sides with Bodhi Rasaad might find himself shocked at how much he enjoys slaughtering the organization that took away his only family, and would be in a position where he could be convinced by Viconia that Shar is a deity that better serves his newfound lust for vengeance.

Or, y'know, something like that.

Edit: but I've never played Rasaad's quest line in EE so some of the events there might conflict with how I'm conceiving his potential "turn" to evil, all I know is his backstory.
    I haven't played his quest either, but I also think there are ways to make it plausible. He might be corrupted by Bodhi (as a love interest for charname, there's also the chance he gets abducted and vampirized by her), fall under the influence of Viconia, or charname or discover something about his brother/past that fundamentally changes his view.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    If I may interject...

I'm playing an Avenger druid right now and since the new patch, I can't use Scimitars/Wakizashis/Ninja-To's when I used to be able to. Now I can only use clubs and daggers!

Ohhh, it is sad day!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited February 2013
    Flashburn said:

If I may interject...

I'm playing an Avenger druid right now and since the new patch, I can't use Scimitars/Wakizashis/Ninja-To's when I used to be able to. Now I can only use clubs and daggers!

Ohhh, it is sad day!

@Flashburn - Druids should be able to use Scimitars, but not Wakizashis and Ninja-To's - are you sure you can't use the former?

EDIT: I've just tested this with an Avenger - I can equip a Scimitar, but not a Wakizashi nor Ninja-To - this is the intended behaviour
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yes, there was a previous bug that alowed druids to use Wakizashis. They could never use Ninja-To.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited February 2013
    Huh, strange. Maybe I didnt meet the STR requirement, I'll check tomorrow. Err, later today. Whatever! SLEEP
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Changing Rasaad's class to the Sun Soul Monk kit would have been a way bigger deal and made more sense. Testing that, why? He's a rather weak NPC as it is; even if he got a bugged kit, it wouldn't have hurt him. He'd still be standing in Nashkel, screaming about justice, in most games. Only differences: The kit would match his backstory and more people would take him along to try it, which is arguably better than very few people taking him along. Weak class or bugged-yet-potentially-still-stronger kit? I'd pick the latter because it at least has potential.

Fafnir said:

Rasaad, just because he's a member of the Order doesn't mean he has to be a Sun Soul Monk. First of all, not everybody has a kit; those things are rare. Second, he's strongly moon-themed, to the point that I find the current Sun Soul Monk a bad fit, more appropriate for a devotee of Lathander, Sune or Amaunator.

Maybe in BG2EE he'll be found again at the Temple of Amaunator with a new, shiny kit acquired through training and meditation. Right now, he's still just a young monk. I like him the way he is.

Considering that some people would like Rasaad to be Sun Soul Monk, while others prefer he stays the way he is, maybe someone should make a WEIDU mod to change his kit, so anyone can choose for himself.

Oh wait, they already did :D

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16398/mod-give-rasaad-the-sun-soul-monk-kit-as-intended-v3
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Darrylson - I don't think Rasaad's brother was meant to have been attacked by shadow thieves, but rather by the group you fight in his personal quest. The shadow thieves definitely didn't kill him anyway.
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    Corvino said:

@Darrylson - I don't think Rasaad's brother was meant to have been attacked by shadow thieves, but rather by the group you fight in his personal quest. The shadow thieves definitely didn't kill him anyway.

Right, like I said I haven't done his quest and I suspected the content of it might conflict with what I was saying.

Oh well.

A color change I approve of: The Mysterious Liquid bottles in the Nashkel mines don't look like Antidote potions anymore. This makes them a whole lot more mysterious.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

I really don't understand the big deal about Imoen's colors. From what I've seen, others had their colors also changed a bit (i.e. Xzar has a different green now, Monty looks like before). It's a matter of 2 clicks to change any NPC back to the vanilla colors.

I keep seeing this about changing colors back in 2 clicks yada yada - am I missing something here? In my game I have no access to NPC colors under the customize option on the character screen - all the options except scripts are greyed out and unavailable. I only get access to all the options for the PC. ???

Is there some other way to change colors in an unmodded BGEE or is this only available with one of the tweak mods or ???

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Wanderon said:

I really don't understand the big deal about Imoen's colors. From what I've seen, others had their colors also changed a bit (i.e. Xzar has a different green now, Monty looks like before). It's a matter of 2 clicks to change any NPC back to the vanilla colors.

I keep seeing this about changing colors back in 2 clicks yada yada - am I missing something here? In my game I have no access to NPC colors under the customize option on the character screen - all the options except scripts are greyed out and unavailable. I only get access to all the options for the PC. ???

Is there some other way to change colors in an unmodded BGEE or is this only available with one of the tweak mods or ???

It's not under customisation, you can set the colours on the inventory screen

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can't change their armor, leather, and belt colors, but for the most part those weren't changed in any meaningful way (with some incredibly necessary exceptions, such as Minsc's turquoise armor).
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    ajwz said:

Wanderon said:

It's not under customisation, you can set the colours on the inventory screen

Sigh - of course you can - I used to do that all the time to make them easier to tell apart - I swear my memory is as reliable as Nashkel iron...

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Darrylson, @Corvino: when you first meet Rasaad he believes that his brother was killed by Shadow Thieves, but when you do his quest he discovers that he has been misinformed. The Shadow Thieves didn't do it, and now he knows this.