Skip to content

Dwarf limited to 16 Dex

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Threads merged.
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    Just went to roll a Dwarven Defender, DEX only goes to 16 and CHA to 15, tell me this is a bug! :(
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    It's a bug.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The 16 DEX worried me, as it means that the first 5% DR doesn't help at all (if you have 17 DEX). Anyway, thanks, @Jalily (as in Imoen - we know it's you)!
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    My = key now zooms instead of selecting my whole part, plus often when I attempt to select things it instead just tells my characters to walk to it, any fixes for these problems yet?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Sylvus_Moonbow and @Jalily (Imoen) - Thanks for your work/help on this bug.

I installed the fix and it had zero net effect. I shut down BG:EE, unzipped the .2DA file to Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhance\Override (just describing the tree, as I'm on a different machine and cant get the actual folder properties). On re-start, I was still limited to DEX maximum of 16.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

@Sylvus_Moonbow and @Jalily (Imoen) - Thanks for your work/help on this bug.

I installed the fix and it had zero net effect. I shut down BG:EE, unzipped the .2DA file to Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhance\Override (just describing the tree, as I'm on a different machine and cant get the actual folder properties). On re-start, I was still limited to DEX maximum of 16.

Wrong path!

Override should be a subfolder of 00766 (full path for a standard BGEE install is C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766)

If it isn't there just create a new folder and name it "override".
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    [BUG] Dwarves can only have a maximum Dex of 16 on character creation. This is an error brought about by the racial maximums imposed on stats.

Dwarves have a maximum Dex on 17 on creation. In order to enforce this they were saddled with a -1 to their initial Dex score (the same as halfings have been penalised on their wisdom score). Somewhere along the way someone hasn't realised this and assumed that the -1 penalty to their Dex score is an innate penalty and treated their Dex score the same as their Cha score (racial max of 17, -1 due to being a dwarf).

[Fix] Rollback the base stat change to dwarves and allow their to obtain their racial maximum of 17 Dex on creation.

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Goddamn crappy search function...
    hook71TJ_Hooker
  • Thief_Of_NavarreThief_Of_Navarre Member Posts: 26
    At present (contrary to the description) Dwarves receive a minus 2 to both charisma & dexterity. Thats -4 on abilities for a crappy +1 CON.

As if the stated penalties werent bad enough to make you never want to play a dwarf....
    Darksheer
  • TurcamTurcam Member Posts: 26
    When will a fix be available for iPad? At least, I assume the provided fix only works for PC version?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    @Turcam

Did you try dumping the hot fix files under Library/Portraits?

I'm not sure it will work and I can't test it as I don't have an iPad, but it should be worth trying.

More information on the Library/Portraits workaround for iPad here.
  • OmegaValOmegaVal Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Thank You!