Skip to content

[Mod] TeamBG's Armor Pack for BG:EE, BG2EE, BGT & TuTu

Comments

• IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Visited the merchant in my game. It is a cool addition in any case and no one is forced to buy anything if they do not wish. So thanks again.

A few (constructive) comments:

- the main appeal (to me) was to have plain in-game armors (chain, splint, plate, full plate) in different colors (white/blue/red/golden/black/green). Some are there and my cleric is now wearing a magnificient blue full plate, but the choice in colors is too limited. Having the same color choice for shields would be fantastic. More helmet shapes available, ditto.

- the way some armors are priced and weighted is weird. For instance there is a blue full plate (AC1, weight 25) and a black full plate (AC1, weight 50). They are priced the same, and are cheaper than a normal in-game full plate which should not be considering the major advantage of being lighter. Also, being non-magical, I don't really see a justification to those 2 being so light.

- some items this merchant sells are extremely powerful even for an end-SoA playthrough!

- does the dwarf talks about wandering in forests when you talk to him? now that makes little sense... ;-)

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'll be adding in different colors as time goes by. At least colors that change on your character. Making new BAMs is a different story. I'm not a graphics kind of person.

Also other types of protection like you mentioned such as shields, helms, gauntlets and other stuff will be added.

I'll have to change the weights since they should be consistent.

Who said that the dwarf had all of his marbles? ;)

Thanks for the feedback.
    Ignatius
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    any chance of making quantity larger or unlimited. the only reason i ask is those boots of speed or whatever they're called are great but having them on only one party member is a bit awkward as im constantly having to wait for the other guys to catch up :)
    @CoM_Solaufein: how will the mod behave when the next patch is updated? should the mod be removed before hand, and re-installed after? or from your experience, will the patch leave it untouched and everything work through?
  • DurothDuroth Member Posts: 17
    You always have to re-install mods after any patch.
    Duroth said:

You always have to re-install mods after any patch.

Ok thanks. Should I dis-install the mod before downloading the next upcoming BG:EE patch?
  • DurothDuroth Member Posts: 17
    Either way should work. Let the patch run then re-install the mod/or uninstall then re-install.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would say uninstalling mods before patching is safer as mods will back up changed files for uninstallation and it's better to make sure it is backing up the most recent version of any file being changed by it.
    Ok, thanks all for the advice. I shall un-install the mod before patching, and then re-install it fully.
  • elrosamandilelrosamandil Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    what am i doing wrong?

i installed both your armor and weapon pack .when i get to traders,and start talking, their convesation options aren't shown, just saying missing link and when i get to buy/sell screen most of the items are shown like "missing like" .I am thinking i 'm installing something wrong but i can't figure it out .I reinstalled whole your packs again but nothing seems to get better.have you got an idea to cope with that situation.

Thanks in advance
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    This looks to me like a Dialog.tlk issue. Have you followed the instructions regarding installing mods on BGEE? Check out the opening post here, especially "Step Three".
  • elrosamandilelrosamandil Member Posts: 2
    thank you problem solved:)
    Asthner
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252

@Mykra ... well you can see some armors that are pretty strong , but they are at the same levels as the good armors in the game.

If you see somethink that you think its too powerfull just dont buy that item, the part i like the most are the +2 elven armor .. ca 3 , not that great , but you will love it with multi/dual mages in the game that i feal have little equipment ...

I was just worried about overall balance via availability and pricing, but I downloaded it and the other merchant, and took a look at the shops. Price wise, the +1 and +2 weapons are spot on pretty much for stats and cost available from the 'normal' weapons and enchantments that have already dropped for me, so it's more options, not power. The really nice stuff however is even more gold than my Archmage robe, so that's fine by me. I don't mine a +3 armor if it's going to cost 40k gold. So, it looks like you guys did a nice job of balancing the stuff in there, I'll do a run and see how it all shakes down. Makes me miss the Hard Times mod even more as these weapons would feel epic when it took all your gold after Cloakwood to buy a pair of swords.

Now, just make some cool looking robe recolors! :D

Two things though:

*One of the swords, Purifier IIRC I'll check in a bit, doesn't have any sort of sketch design when you look at the weapon. It's just blank parchment off to the left.

*There's a sword called Icing Death for sale. I'm rusty on my FR lore, but is Icing Death like Flame Blade's or such, that it's the name of a type of sword? I always thought it was a unique name of Do'Urden's sword.
    Thanks for the input.

My Icing Death sword has nothing to do with Drizzts weapons, its a weapon that does cold damage with a chance to freeze the target to death.
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I really like this mod. I am playing with another mod making the fights much tougher and also a raised level cap so I think this mod fits in perfectly.

There is one armor, can't remember the exact name but it is the one that gives +1 to dex and con and it is a plate mail, it is listed as +1 but it gives the same AC as regular armor of its type. It is also expensive enough (18K I believe) to justify the +1. That is a minor issue however.

Thanks for doing this. I think rings/bracers/helms and other cool stuff would be good too (as would bows for the weapons mod)
    Thanks. :)
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I try to install it (for my BG EE version) following your instructions, but when I double click the Setup it tells me it cant find the chitin key. Apparently it tries to look for it in C and D drives, Program Files, Black Isle, BG II. Perhaps that is the problem? I have my game in Program Files, but there is no Black Isle folder, as you can guess
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I had this mod installed in my last playthrough, one thing I remember was that Restrictions was listed twice. I don't think you have to manually list restrictions in the description, the game fills that list automatically based on what is checked for the item.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Great mod.

But it seems like none of the armours in the game have the "magical" flag set, which means you can wear the enchanted ones WITH rings/cloaks/amulets of protection. Is this intentional?

It meant I got one of my fighters down to -12 AC...
    Thanks.

A 2DA file would have to be edited to include the new items, ITEMEXCL I believe it is, which this mod doesn't do.
    Is this for the Steam version or Beamdog?
    helmo1977 said:

I try to install it (for my BG EE version) following your instructions, but when I double click the Setup it tells me it cant find the chitin key. Apparently it tries to look for it in C and D drives, Program Files, Black Isle, BG II. Perhaps that is the problem? I have my game in Program Files, but there is no Black Isle folder, as you can guess

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364

Is this for the Steam version or Beamdog?

helmo1977 said:

Beamdog one

The mod should be installed in your beamdog/games/0076 folder and the chitin key should already be in the 0076 folder.
    All going well with this mod?

Any suggestions for a future version?
  • Maelora69Maelora69 Member Posts: 75
    All going great thanks!

As for suggestions... how about some love for clubs, daggers or crossbows?
  • LarkairnLarkairn Member Posts: 22
    I'd say this mod is perfect already, maybe create a vendor for trinkets like amulets and rings and other magical items though?
    Maelora69
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    one of the new boots doesn't seem to be usuable by anyone. I've taken all kinds of characters and none were able to use it. No restriction is listed in description.

I don't recall the name but it is the 3rd one down I believe from the vendor screen.
    Thanks I'll look into it.
    wja3

one of the new boots doesn't seem to be usuable by anyone. I've taken all kinds of characters and none were able to use it. No restriction is listed in description.
    I don't recall the name but it is the 3rd one down I believe from the vendor screen.

Needs CE alignment, which is something I never play. Maybe give it to Xzar or Sharteel?
    Larkairn said:

I'd say this mod is perfect already, maybe create a vendor for trinkets like amulets and rings and other magical items though?

Yeah, head-slot items! Glasses, masks, hats, ioun stones, circlets, stuff like that!