Skip to content

BG1 NPCs for SOA mod

Has anyone tried this mod? I was thinking of installing it, but wanted to get opinions first.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited February 2013
    Link? Sounds neat; I could get my BG1 crew back together.
    edited February 2013
    Ugh. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ellipses were constantly abused in the ".." fashion. Misspellings abound. And Kagain's shop sells shitloads of overpowered items, most of which don't even have histories or even GOOD histories. Some aren't even from the DnD universe. Remember the Helm of Honnleath from Dragon Age: Origins? That's there.

Oh, the best part: There's a suit of armor that makes you completely invincible against physical damage, spells, and most of the elements. Thanks but no thanks. Ascension is hard but that would take all the fun out it.

This mod fucking sucks and its a damn shame, too, because it would be great if actual effort and thought were put into it. When a mod creator makes a shop with custom weapons/armor, never, EVER trust them to make them balanced. I just can't get past that.

That was just insulting.
    Post edited by Flashburn on
    SCARY_WIZARDlolientl1942
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    It sucks. It's the kind of mod that would turn a newbie away from mods completely. Just incredibly amateurish, doesn't mesh with the game in any way.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ah, that makes me sad, the idea behind the mod was such a good one. Thanks for letting me know.
    KidCarnival
    bob_veng
    I don't believe it folded in that mod, each NPC can be added independently, so as you can use this mod with other BG1 NPC mods.
    I miss Alora as well, I was so glad when NPC Project made her available earlier in the original game. I've searched for the mod your talking about as well, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I suppose you could just add Alora with this mod, but from what I've heard I wouldn't expect much. It doesn't sound as if the modder spent much time on Alora.
    The Alora mod is here http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=aq0r1ldb2s61av4e7j8kev3jd3&board=13.0 haven't really played BG2 since this came out but it seemed alright.
    KidCarnival
    Eep! Now I must go download.
    @subtledoctor
    Yeah, that's why I don't use those kinds of mods either. But I am interested in more NPC mods if their quality is anything like Coran's. Other than the tell-tale lack of evil/jerk responses in Coran's banters, I'd have guessed that BioWare themselves made him for BG2.

If there are any other quality NPC mods out there, I'd like a link to check them out.
    KidCarnivallolien
    Most of the NPC mods are pretty good I think. Some of the ones I thought were especially good were Xan from pocketplane.net, Kivan from gibberlings3.net and Faren and Adrian from spellholdstudios.net but it's largely a matter of taste.
    The problem I have is by the time I know about the mod, it's years later. I'd love to test mods and give feedback for modders, hopefully mods in progress will be posted here (many are) and ill get a chance to do so.

Sadly I could not get the Alora mod to run, it kept having problems finding files. I'm not sure if its something I did wrong or something with the download/installation. My guess is that I messed something up somewhere.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited February 2013
    ^ What @CoM_Solaufein said, a hundred times over. For whatever reason, we've got more players than ever before--but many less people giving feedback. If you play a mod and enjoy it -- tell us! And recommend it to others who you think might enjoy it too. :)
    What are the mods that you two are or have worked on?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    There's also a Khalid mod for BG2. I've wanted to try it for a while now but haven't had the time.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/47899-khalid-mod-for-bg-ii/
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited February 2013
    @Delvarian - it seems you don't visit any modding communities often as Kaeloree and CoM_Solaufein are admins of those: Spellhold Studios and TeamBG.CoM, they help/helped to release many mods, and provided some mods of their own :)

I would repeat the same think Kaeloree and CoM_Sola wrote so maybe just read their posts again, huh.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Silent observation = bad
    Active participation = good
    Aedan
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, Smiling Imp here! Thanks for giving the mod a try.

For those of you talking shit, fuck off! You brainiacs could not even figure out that their is an option that only gives Kagain vanilla items so I don't know how you came to your other conclusions, especially after only one day of trying it out.

In my professional, unbiased opinion, this mod is so good that I don't even see the point of making BG2 EE when I am playing with it. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself.

Download:
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=177

And let me know what you think..

Forum:
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=133.0
    Post edited by Smiling_Imp on
    CoM_SolaufeinAedanVasculioAhriman1108