Skip to content

Help! - Recently Added Arcane NPC (Spoilers) - Unresponsive

AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
So I added Baeloth to the party for my current run through BG:EE. Charname was a level 4/5 F/T at the time he was added. Soon after being added, he was hit by a call lightning spell from the druids in the first cloakwood forest and taken down. I was trying to rush to Baldur's Gate to get Tiax so I finished running through the mines and then picked up Tiax in BG. I then proceded to knock off the basilisks and then raised Baeloth from the dead in a temple. When he was raised (I tried this in the Temple area and the Friendly Arms Inn area), he gains a HP and pops back up but he is immobile and unresponsive. I am left unable to travel any further than where I have to "gather my party."

If I have a character strike Baeloth he dies for good (as if chunked with the portrait removed) and then his image remains in place (standing still rather than crumpled on the ground but not occupying space as he can be walked through). Using a stone to flesh scroll does nothing. Using the Cntrl-R console command does nothing (either after he is raised by the priest or in lieu of the priest raising him). If I heal him to full health, any strike (say Tiax with a sling) automatically hits him, kills him and removes his portait. When he is raised, the -2 reputation applies and when he is killed reputation is adjusted back up 2.

I have two prior save games - one from the first cloakwood forest (quite a ways back) in which he raises normally and a second from prior to my getting Tiax in which the same problem occurs.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? Is this possibly a result of him wanting to deliver a dialogue that is now unavailable?

I am stumped.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Upload your savegame, and I'll see if I can fix this.
    AHF
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited February 2013
    Sorry - Wrong file. Please disregard and check this second one.
    @Jalily - Here it is. Thanks!
    @Jalily - Here is another just before I tried to raise him if that is more helpful.

Here's the fixed version of Before Baeloth Raised. You're out the gold for raising him, but Baeloth and your reputation are intact. :)
    You rock! Many thanks, @Jalily. Any advice to avoid this in the future or was this a fluke?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Jalily is the BGEE superhero
    There was another case on these forums where Imoen was struck by a lightning spell and ended up like this, so...uh...don't get hit by lightning? :P Honestly, I'm not sure what causes this, but I'll be updating the bug report for sure.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    That should be interesting. The random lightning *always* hits Baeloth in my games and never anyone else (and it doesn't hit anyone at all if Baeloth isn't in the party). Talos must really hate him. :D
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Hmmm. Several of my NPCs and my Charname have been blasted by lightning in all of my BGee runs so far (and yes, that includes others being hit while Baeloth was included). Lightning hits so often that it's quite a nuisance! I'd like to know the mechanics for lightning strikes.
    I remember the lightning being a lot less frequent in vanilla. In some games, it never occured at all. I also can't remember it ever hitting before Baeloth was introduced. I find it very amusing that he's the prime (and only) target. Makes it easier to decide who get's Talos' Gift, too.

I remember the lightning being a lot less frequent in vanilla. In some games, it never occured at all. I also can't remember it ever hitting before Baeloth was introduced. I find it very amusing that he's the prime (and only) target. Makes it easier to decide who get's Talos' Gift, too.

My Charname was hit within minutes of starting BG:EE for the first time so it definitely isn't only him for environmental lightning.

In the case of the issue for this thread, it wasn't environmental lightning - it was the druids using a call lightning spell in the Cloakwood Forest that fried him.
    I had that damn thing strike RIGHT AFTER the druids in Cloakwood battle. They were all dead, I had collected the reward and was moving near the map exit; so quite sure it was the enviroment (rain and all on the map). I didn't know it could rain in Candlekeep tho, I thought it only happens on non-city maps.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Jalily said:

Here's the fixed version of Before Baeloth Raised. You're out the gold for raising him, but Baeloth and your reputation are intact. :)

I'm confused by @Jalily 's ability to break rules. Since I maintain that Jailiy=Imoen and Imoen dualed to mage, I'm curious about this resurrection ability. It's another case, I presume, of NPC's getting abilities that PC's never could.

I imagine there was a dream sequence. Jalily woke up to a bright sun, feeling refreshed.

Jalily gains special ability: Resurrection.
    IllustairKidCarnival
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.