Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Can Viconia's Recruitment Grammar Be Tweaked?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,506
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
Below is the dialogue when Viconia joins the group:

Is it just me, or does it not flow well at all? I'm not a grammatical expert but I would think it would sound better as something like this (just one possible suggestion):

"I thank you! I know you may not be willing to give me a chance because I am a drow, but if you do you won't regret it! Can I join with you? I need friends now more than ever."

In this example I dropped the dark skin thing completely. I guess they are explaining to people who don't know that drow have dark skin, but I mean... is it necessary? The flaming fist mercenary calls her a "dark elf" already during the initial encounter, and her biography mentions the dark elf moniker as well. I also wasn't sure about "I thank you!" vs. just "Thank you!" the "I" seems unnecessary, but maybe drow talk that way... so I left it in.

Here's another possibility with the dark skin reference left in:

"I thank you! I know you may not be willing to give me a chance because I am a drow, something my dark skin makes difficult to hide. If you do though, you won't regret it! Can I join with you? I need friends now more than ever."

Thoughts? Not saying my examples are perfect by any means, but I just think it could be cleaned up. I've been wrong before.

Post edited by Aedan on
MelicampMoomintrollKristie83

Comments