Skip to content

Party Leader Charisma's effect on Morale Checks in Melee

Is this something that scales evenly or is it more like Stats which have little effect until you get into the 17-18+ range. What, for example, is the impact of exchanging a Party Leader with Charisma-19 for one with Charisma-17?

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Is this something that scales evenly or is it more like Stats which have little effect until you get into the 17-18+ range. What, for example, is the impact of exchanging a Party Leader with Charisma-19 for one with Charisma-17?

Depends a little what impact you're talking about e.g. store prices, quest rewards, party morale etc.

There's a table here:
    http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/chap13.htm
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    That doesn't include impact on Morale Checks in Melee.

That doesn't include impact on Morale Checks in Melee.

I'm not exactly sure how this effect works, but think it's linked to the reaction adjustment value
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    To be honest I don't think there's any concrete evidence that charisma actually affects morale. It's one of those things that has all kinds of annecdotal evidence, like "in my last playthrough my party leader had high CHA, and Khalid didn't panic once, morale must be affected by CHA", but I've never seen anything substantial (it may be mentioned in the manuals, but that doesn't really mean anything either, seeing how many mistakes there were). Same goes for high CHA helping to prevent intra-party conflicts.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    TJ_Hooker said:

To be honest I don't think there's any concrete evidence that charisma actually affects morale. It's one of those things that has all kinds of annecdotal evidence, like "in my last playthrough my party leader had high CHA, and Khalid didn't panic once, morale must be affected by CHA", but I've never seen anything substantial (it may be mentioned in the manuals, but that doesn't really mean anything either, seeing how many mistakes there were). Same goes for high CHA helping to prevent intra-party conflicts.

It's true that this has never been confirmed, just anecdotal evidence, it would be nice if the devs could confirm one way or the other whether Charisma has these affects or not (would be good if it does, I think, would make Charisma more relevant)
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Thanks. This, I should think, is an important point in evaluating Ajantis , particularly if you want Minsc to have something they both can benefit from.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Could you attach it as a zip file here so that more players could use it, @Oriens ?

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34077/how-to-post-files-images-step-by-step-guide#latest
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    Ah, yep, good idee i guess... but i"m novice here, my first day and my second day for scripting
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    So, I have finished testing and decided to pour its first version. To this end, I have decided to establish a new topic.