Skip to content

Shapeshifter Questions

RyanFialcowitzRyanFialcowitz Member Posts: 16
edited March 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
1.) Is the Shapeshifter a viable build for the game?

2.) What would be a good Dual Class for the Shapeshifter? I'm using a level cap remover mod if that makes a difference.

3.) Do my armour, weapons and such matter when shifted?

4.) What kind of statistic allocation should I be aiming for?

Edit
5.) I've heard that class had problems in the original version of the game and needed mods to make it viable- is this still the case or were the problems fixed in this version?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited March 2013

1.) Is the Shapeshifter a viable build for the game?

It's okay in BG1. In BG2 it's a druid who can't wear armour.
    2.) What would be a good Dual Class for the Shapeshifter? I'm using a level cap remover mod if that makes a difference.
    There isn't one. Druids can only dual class to Fighter, and if you can fight in human form you don't need to shapeshift. And the "can't wear armour" thing carries over.
    3.) Do my armour, weapons and such matter when shifted?
    No.
    4.) What kind of statistic allocation should I be aiming for?
    Str 10+ (17 to dual class)
    Dex 18
    Con 16
    Int 9+
    Wis 18
    Char 15
    Edit
    5.) I've heard that class had problems in the original version of the game and needed mods to make it viable- is this still the case or were the problems fixed in this version?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
    It's just weak because shapeshifting forms don't scale with level (or gear) in BG. It's "viable". BG isn't so difficult that you can't complete it with any kit. There are mods. You pays your money and you takes your chance.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Let me see

1) shapeshifter: check!
    2) level cap remover: check!
    3) looking for mods to make it viable: check!

You're only one step away from Werebears :D
    FardragonSirK8KidCarnival
  • PalantPalant Member Posts: 4
    Shapeshifter is very cool druid kit.
    1st - u don't need op stats - for example, i play with female shapeshifter with 11/11/11/13/18/16 - pretty girl. if i want to melee - i get werewolf form.
    2nd - i use scimitar. Werewolf have 2 attacks per round when i get 1 scimitar. 2 scimitars give me 3 attacks per round. But damage not depends from magical enchantment of weapon. But 1 more attack? it's cool
    3rd - rings is useful too - ring of protection, because it boost ac. And if u get some cool +5 scimitar which gives additional ac bonus (2) and golden girdle - it will be very nice ac for melee warrior without armor.
    4th - bracers of weapon expertise give additional bonuses,
    5th - good physical stats 19/16/15 with cheap potions of agility and fortitude - give u 19/18/18. add draw upon holy might and u will get 21/20/20 at the end of game. very nice.

I think Druid shapeshifter is more powerful then Avenger and pure druid for my tactics.

P.S. sorry for my bad english
  • RyanFialcowitzRyanFialcowitz Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Erg - The only reason I clicked on this topic was to say that :D
    KidCarnivalErg