Skip to content

inventory problems, phantom mouse clicks

snoopsnoop Member Posts: 6
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hi, registered to post about some weird behaviour in the inventory screen; it's pretty obviously buggy but haven't seen it reported here, so could just be me? I didn't notice it happening before the latest update. I'm on the OSX version. (UPDATE: 10.6.8, and using the touchpad. Could be related to the touchpad fix in the latest update?)

Behaviour: I'll be mousing around on the inventory screen and will hear the mouse click sound, and some random item will be picked up. But I didn't click on anything.

Correct behaviour: Items in inventory screen should only be picked up when clicked on.

May also happen in the shops, not sure about that one.

I'm not that far into the game; may just try and restart and see if it fixes it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • snoopsnoop Member Posts: 6
    I've had stuff like this happen and reported it here ("phantom mouse clicks") but no response. Might be related to the touchpad update, if you're also using the touchpad that's another data point. I also have it sometimes exit out of either the inv. screen or shop screens when I click on an object. Being very deliberate with the click, avoiding any slipping on the pad while clicking may be helping?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Touchpad eh? I may know what is causing the problem. Try going to your computer's control panel and selecting mouse/touchpad and then turn off "tapping".

IMO tapping is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. It is a feature of touchpads that will enact a click if you tap your finger on the touchpad. In my case this happens more often then not when I do NOT want to click on something. It is a very ill conceived feature IMO that...*rants for hours*...so just try turning off tapping and see if that fixes things.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked and tapping is already off, and I've never noticed any similar oversensitivity except with BG:EE. On a half-assed hunch I tried reducing the double-click speed, will report back if it helps any.
  • courtney1612courtney1612 Member Posts: 7
    This exact same thing is happening to me. It's never happened before with my Touchpad. I don't ever use the "tap to click" setting. Even putting that aside, I doubt it's the Touchpads fault because (unless I'm alone on this one) I'll often click on the Inventory Menu button and will still be over that icon and yet I have picked up an item. I could see it being a Touchpad problem if it happened as I was moving my mouse over an item.

Additionally, I've had moments where I've clicked an item and a completely separate one was picked up, or the invormation was viewed. I've also had times where I click on an item and it makes the sound of being double clicked and then it just ends up on the ground.

I really think this is a bug. But I could be wrong.
    I'm gonna try and remember to bring my mouse home from work tomorrow and see what happens.
    Usually this bug is merely annoying, but just now I had a spell erased from my spellbook because of it. Blah.