Skip to content

Original Artwork - Aerie

NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30

Here's Aerie.

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Excellent!
    A lot less alien looking than the original, she's actually quite pretty here!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Nixxi - you're an amazing talent! I think it's lovely. image
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    *____*
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    If aerie looked like this in game, I might actually keep her in the party.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Very nice - now if you can do a non alien Jaheira ... :D I love your work
  • KsarfeksKsarfeks Member Posts: 8
    Amazing! Cannot wait for more!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    ajwz said:

If aerie looked like this in game, I might actually keep her in the party.

Only if she wasn't so whiny.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    D'awww! I take back most of the mean things I've said about her. How adorbzable! :3!
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Thanks everyone!
  • TheMoatMonsterTheMoatMonster Member Posts: 6
    Wow, great picture! She looks so sweet.

You've got some crazy talent, keep it up!
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Great work as always. 'Wouldn't change a thing.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "Mr. Bison, do you think that Nixxi's artwork is awesome?"
    "OF COURSE!"
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    @SirK8: I didn't think she was alien-looking. I thought she was yummy.;)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

"Mr. Bison, do you think that Nixxi's artwork is awesome?"
    "OF COURSE!"

YES! YES!

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Amazing artwork. Keep 'em coming! They could be turned into a portrait pack that I'm sure would be a big hit.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I dig it, very well done! Way to not totally stack her out in the chest region either. Fantasy artists get carried away with pics of female fantasy characters and their +5 Uber-Chests. For real. They look cartoony as hell and unrealistic.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    All your portraits are simply amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Bhaaldog said:

How could someone not like Aerie, she has a cute personality!

She reminds me of myself when I was younger and I cared too much what other people thought about things! ;___;
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I never liked Aerie's whimpering, actually. Anyway... The art is beautiful. Imoen was the best, but Aerie's a close second (of course, in my opinion only). I'm very impressed and wonder wat a Nixxi Jaheira would be like. I have no artistic talent, so I have to live/appreciate vicariously.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited March 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Coutelier said:

Nixxi said:

Thanks!

I'm glad you guys like her. I wasn't sure what kind of a reaction an Aerie portrait would get since I know so many players don't care for her.

Despite that Aerie bashers seem quite loud on a lot of forums, she always seems to be a quite popular character overall. I think some people just wrongly assume and label the kind of character she is.

She does look very cute here though. Still a tiny bit alien looking, but that's elves (especially avariel, who are supposed to have quite large eyes.)
    Aerie was the first romance I did on BG2. She is still one of my favourites. I think my interest in Viconia was renewed somewhat because of @Nixxi 's artwork but as I tend to role play a Lawful good character Aerie is probably the better fit for my protagonist.
    Probably if everyone only said nice things about her, I wouldn't like her so much. :) But as it is, bashing only encourages to look more at her positive traits, and I get annoyed at fanfics that show her as a stereotypical 'blonde' teenage american character (although the other extreme of being completely passive and lacking any aggression at all is just as bad, IMO). But there are often scenes where she makes a fuss over getting her dress dirty or something like that, which seems wrong since she's generally a quiet character, and also she's just come from working behind the scenes in a circus; places not generally regarded for cleanliness.

She doesn't do any whimpering or whining, either (except when she's first being taunted by Viconia); she's generally shown as a quiet, introspective but determined character, only confiding in the bhaalspawn when she's romancing him, which isn't whining. Real whining doesn't have to be encouraged like that; people just do it. And it's usually about something meaningless and trivial, rather than amputation and slavery which I don't think is trivial at all.
    Post edited by Coutelier on
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Nice. Both the original and this version are good. She looks more mature here. It will somehow fit in BG3 no doubt. Also the background is cool.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Not to denigrate your other portaits this one looks the best of all of them in my opinion. It may be just that Aerie has those big eyes but you finally made them seem to fit her face and the good robe of the archmagi
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Admittedly, I initially only kept Aerie in the group because of her versatility as a character, but then she grew on me. The way I see her is that she's still a bit naive and childish in the beginning, but the group's experiences have an effect on her and she's forced to grow up over the course of the story. The character's side stories have always been one of my favorite reasons to love BG.

Also, I really appreciate all the nice comments.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Very nice, she looked familiar to me right away and thats a good sign.
    I imagine this could be her 40 years older or something.