Skip to content

[mod] giving NPCs classkits [tool version: alpha 6 | MOD version: 1.7]

Comments

• tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    Xavioria said:

There is apparently more than one .cre file for all the NPCs, I'm guessing just in case if you meet them at different experience levels, but I honestly can't be sure. Turns out that your Mod IS in fact installed, it's just that the .cre files being patched are the ones for NPCs if they are at further Experience levels. The ones at lower levels (like montaron for instance) isn't being patched.

thats right, every NPC uses more than one .cre file, but as i know one of this .cre files is used for actions with the NPC at the time where he/she isnt joinable.
    On example imoen.cre is used in Candlekeep and at this time she is a magican, but when she is the first time joinable the file imoen1.cre or Imoen2.cre or imoen 4.cre or imoen6.cre is used.

But when editing these files did helping you, i will change it in the mod. (I will update it today)

edited March 2013
    here is a new release of the tool and the mod

changes:
    -some of the mods did not worked if your Level was to low (i missed some files)
    -i changed some wapon professions, so that they fit the rules (max number of skill points)
    Post edited by tommy on
    Xavioria
  • GhostCowGhostCow Member Posts: 2
    This is a great mod! Is it still being worked on?
    I had to suspend the project for a while, but now I keep working on the project.

here is something on what you can wait:
    -next Version(i think next week) will make the mods kompatible whith other NPC mods and Mac Support will be added

-later will still be added a funktion whitch will allow to easy create own classchanging mods by reading informations from the game engine, but this will still take some more time
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    New Kit for Kalid "" Druid Slayer""
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    I was thinking Kagain might be a good candidate for Dwarven defender kit since he is lawful evil.

It might be interesting to give one of the NPC thief Shadowdancer kit.
    tommy
    i keep this in mind, maybe next week with the new Version of the tool
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2013
    thanks for a great mod.
    I think I find one problem though,
    it seems that I can not reverse npc's modified class to their own original
    i will add this in the next version
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    How do you make this mod work? the mod opens up, but when i try to install, it says error
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    @tommy - nice mod!

I often think of Ajantis as an Inquisitor (since he's from the same order as Keldorn). Would it be possible for you to add this as an option?

Thanks, -- N

How do you make this mod work? the mod opens up, but when i try to install, it says error

can you be a little bit more specific? What have you exactly done? What error massage is shown up?
    Nifft said:

@tommy - nice mod!

I often think of Ajantis as an Inquisitor (since he's from the same order as Keldorn). Would it be possible for you to add this as an option?

Thanks, -- N

i will add this together with Kagain(Dwarven defender) today or tomorrow.

well, i open the mod and i get the main screen. it says to open the folder in which the game is installed, so i click on 00776. i then click on ajantis to change him to a cavalier. i click "install selected mods", and i get an error saying "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attampt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately C:\user....\baldur's gate - enhanced edition\portraits"
    if im not wrong there should be an button whith error details when the error was shown, it would be great if you can post the details
    never mind, it works!
    wish you can add shadowdancer for imoen as well :P
    the beta Version will support other kits, and i will then create some mods. But im not sure if i can release it this week
    so here is a new version

Tool version alpha 6:
    -add some error messages
    -add an option to delete a mod

MOD version 1.4:
    -add Ajantis: Inquisitor
    -add Kagain: Dwarven defender
    -add Rasaad: Sun Soul Monk
    Nifft
    thanks so much for updates
    though I am sorry that there is no shadowdancer option for imoen :P
    edited March 2013
    as i say just be i little bit more patient and wait for the beta version ;)
    im very sorry, i have totally missed that the shadowdancer is one of the new kits, i will add this in a moment
    finished MOD version 1.5:
    -add Imoen: Shadowdancer
    mlnevese
    woot thanks !!!
    edited March 2013
    btw tommy any chances you can make sorcerer version for nalia as well?
    wild mage is very trouble to some people I believe including me :(

and.. I do not think anyone use faldorn including me lol
    though well I think she is very fit to avenger concept considering her ferocity and temper

and... for viconia, I know its not really matching to her.
    but just an idea, what about fighter/cleric version for her adoring fans? lol
    if you have any further plans to adopt other mods giving all specific cleric kits such as cloak of shar
    nevermind this idea.

and one more idea, though minsc got a berserker kit thanks to you tommy
    what about giving him additional barbarian kit just for a variety?
    Post edited by Kas on
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    Kas said:

and.. I do not think anyone use faldorn including me lol

How ironic that this is the first post I read after going out of my way to recruit Faldorn. :P

@tommy
    Any plans on a Faldorn as the Totemic Druid kit? It be kind of redundant with her custom summon ability left in, but that kit sounds like it could fit Faldorn if the custom ability was replaced with the kit ability.
    edited March 2013
    i will add them, but this will take a little bit longer, because spellcaster are a litlle bit more difficult to change.

Summary:
    Neera->Sorcerer
    Faldorn->Druid - Avanger
    Minsc->Barbarian

Viconia
    ->Fighter/Cleric //i can do it, but you should now that her strength normaly doesnt allow a fighter
    ->and i have still planned Cloac of shar. She is one of my favorite NPCs, so i cant miss this ;)

Faldorn->Totemic Druid //this kit is already in the List, but i will check what you say about her custom summon ability
    Post edited by tommy on
    edited March 2013
    thanks tommy !!
    btw neera is wild mage not nalia my bad lol sorry
    ...maybe she could be a candidate for Dragon Disciplin too...i think i will add this.
    oh tommy I LOVE your idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    here comes MOD version 1.6:
    -add Neera: Sorcerer
    -add Neera: Sorcerer->Dragon Discipline
    -add Faldorn: Druid->Avanger
    -add Minsc: Barbarian
    -add Viconia: Fighter/Cleric

-add some bug fixes

-add "0xp" MOD for all classes
    -add "Default Class" Mod for all classes (NPC default class at Level 1 with different xp)
    Kas