Skip to content

How to Get Stunning and beautiful Safan at Lvl 2

The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
edited March 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Many people don't know this but you can get Safana at her minum lvl... and thats lvl 2.
easiest way to get her is if you are a thief and have a high hide in shadow skill...

if you don't have then you can use Kivan that have 41% hide in shadow or Montaron... i would warmly recommend Kivan. cuz he is lvl 2 when you get him and he has more health points and he is an Elf (bigger chance to resist charms spell)

to get Safana you need to sneak and thru all the nymphs and into a cave were a magic book of health are pick it up and she joins your party permanently at lvl 2 and sneake out the same way...

what you need to bring with you is at least 2 healing potion cuz Kivan needs them when he tries to get to the bok, there are two traps that he needs to survive thru.
and when you are in the golem Cave take the right fork, not the left .. for higher survivability

leave the rest the party outside close to the world map traviling area.. and use only Kivan for sneaking in and out.. and remember save aloot... you need at least 2 hide in shadow success to reach the cave and 2 hide in shadow succes when you are in the cave... same thing when you want to get back...
Post edited by The_Shairs_Handbook on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The_Shairs_HandbookRnRClown
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You also better hurry because Kivan now has a timer and you'll hardly make it to complete his quest before he walks out, considering the travel time to the Lighthouse areas, the level you need to be to get Safana this early and the time you have between meeting Kivan and his quest timer. He's no optimal choice for this anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    After picking him up, you must do Bandit Camp within 5 days. At least that's what I read here (I *think* the "best good aligned NPCs" topic?). It's a huge change, considering how early you can find him and how far you are from accessing the camp, not counting the travel time to get there.
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited March 2013
    hmmm i don't think Kivan Leaves .... well so far he didn't for me... but most of the time i use him to recruit safana then kick him out of the party... and then maybe i pick him up again before I attack badit camp
    It's been changed with the last patch.
    The_Shairs_Handbook
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2013
    In my current playthrough (with the latest patch), Kivan did not leave my party although I took me more than 20 days to reach the Bandit camp. I had recruited him as early as possible (at minimum level). He never complained and he never left my party.
    Quartz
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2013
    Oh [Spoiler]Shit![/Spoiler] Then I really have to go to the Bandit Camp! My sorcerer likes Kivan very much.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    The easiest and most reliable way to do this is actually with a cleric.

[Spoiler]
    Start by grabbing the invisibility potion off Jaheira. You can keep her and Khalid or dump them straight away, your choice. Now grab Viconia or Branwen, and head to the lighthouse.

Have your cleric fill up on Sanctuary (ideally you only need 1 memorized, but occasionally those fat golems block the tunnel and you may have to recast it), then quaff the Invisibility potion. Walk straight past the nymphs and into the cave. Go to the left, then up. The first trap is Hold Person, so no trouble there, just wait it out. The second trap is Dire Charm, again no issue since your cleric isn't within sight of a party member.

Wait by the treasure until the golem walks away a bit. Open the treasure, pause, steal everything, cast Sanctuary. Go outside and return to the party, talk to Safana, and wham, you've got her at level 2. 100% safe as long as you wait until the golem near the treasure walks far enough away that he won't reach your cleric until she finishes casting Sanctuary.
    [/Spoiler]

Note that any "stealther" method works fine too if you don't mind reloading a bunch when he fails his check at an inopportune time, but I always play no-reload so developed the method specified above.
    The_Shairs_HandbookFafnir
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Eh? They changed Kivan? All you needed to do in the original was kill a random ogre I think...
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    The script was always there, but an error meant it didn't activate. You don't need to complete the Bandit Camp within 5 days I don't think, but you do need to get there (it was Tazok who killed his mate and he wants revenge).
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    That seems extreme given the 10day window for getting Ankheg mail from Taelrun. Perhaps a 5 day span in which no Bandit scalps are collected would make more sense..
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I agree, @Eadwyn_G8keeper. 50 days would be about right, I reckon, but 5 days is ridiculous. It now means that if you want to be able to keep Kivan, you'll have to recruit him much later than you would otherwise have done - probably the earliest sensible time is immediately before entering the Nashkel mine, and if you're a newbie who doesn't know exactly where to go and what to do then it's safer to wait until after finishing the mine. And newbies probably won't know that they should wait, so they'll lose him and be left wondering why that happened.
    Yeah, it's by far not enough time. All other timers (I'm aware of) are 10 days - Safana, Coran, Edwin, Minsc (and Eldoth doesn't trigger before reaching the relevant area).
    Stickan
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    i replace Kivan with the monk and my main archer is imoen