Skip to content

Marl killing spree bug. (7th)

DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
After killing Marl the CHARNAME (or perhaps any character doing this vile act) immediately attacks Marl's friend even though he isn't hostile.

Expected: Character should not automatically attack neutral/friendly npcs.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    He had it coming
    Aedan
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Yeah, but I usually kill him only after he threatens to infrom the Flaming Fist. ;)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Cannot reproduce. I once ran into a similar problem where killing someone who was "neutral" (blue) resulted in my party automatically attacking other neutral creatures in the room. But I couldn't get this to happen here even by killing Marl before he turns red. Can you get this to happen reliably?
    It has happened at least twice after 2014 update. I first talk with Marl and calm him down and after I've drank with him in his son's memory I slice his head off. This causes my character apparently go to berserk as he goes straight to kill Marl's friend. Don't have time to test if this happens always, but I'll try test it again tomorrow.
    @Jalily - Couldn't reproduce it either with my solo mage-thief, but then I created blackguard and had Xzar in my party and it happened every time I had multiple characters selected to attack Marl.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I wonder if this might be another instance of the same issue as occurs with Bears (of most varieties, I think): if your party attacks one of a group of Bears, then as soon as it dies your party will usually automatically attack another of the group which is still neutral (even though Party AI is Off).

I was assuming that with Bears it was an intended behaviour that they were flagged as grouped, so that attacking any of them would force you to attack all of them. But this report makes it sound as if Marl and Dunkin are grouped in the same way, so perhaps it's not an intended behaviour with Bears either. Or maybe it's actually intended behaviour that you can't attack Marl without also being forced to attack his friend?