Skip to content

Multiplayer matchmaking

raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
edited August 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Looked around but couldn't seem to find something about this, but this PcGamer news says there will be matchmaking multiplayer available that will matchmake players based on level.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/30/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-will-have-cross-platform-co-op/
Anyone can confirm this ?

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    It is mentioned at: http://www.baldursgate.com/enhancements.en.html
    "Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality.."
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @raclariu

I'm not sure about the matchmaking players based on level part. We'll have to wait and see how this matchmaking will function.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I would hope just based on ping, no other filter is needed imo.
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    Anton said:

It is mentioned at: http://www.baldursgate.com/enhancements.en.html
    "Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality.."

Missed that part, thanks for posting.
    Sarevokok said:

I would hope just based on ping, no other filter is needed imo.

I agree.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    It might be good to filter by those who are in it for role playing, vs those who just want to roll through the game. Could that be implemented?
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    Paladin said:

It might be good to filter by those who are in it for role playing, vs those who just want to roll through the game. Could that be implemented?

Wouldn't be hard, i believe.

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Paladin said:

Definitely needed.
    @TrentOster @PhillipDaigle please consider.
    Some [Casual] & [RP] flags

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited August 2012
    @TrentOster @PhillipDaigle I would also like to suggest [Hardcore] & [Dueling] flags. For people that want to play max difficulty and for those that wish to play against other players.

The Dueling fad in BG/BG2 was kinda big for a while... and some of those people would sneak into normal multiplayer games and kill everyone. Not very fun for Casual or RPG players. Just fyi, the way it worked was based on who had the best scripts and best tweaks on their characters. I have nothing against that, but they should have their own place to test their prowess and kill eachother, imho.
  • IvokeIvoke Member Posts: 1
    I mostly played BG and BG2 single player. But Im looking forward to seeing how the multiplayer works. And hopefully I will be able to enjoy the game with a couple of my friends. That is after Ive done my first play through. Dont want them to be taking up NPC party space. :)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    If possible, don't do "full automatic" matchmaking like SCII for mods.

If possible, I'd like to be able to play with friends but fill the party afterwards with other unknown persons, and still be able to kick someone if extra seem fishy.

In that regard, having access to one char sheet and/or inventory may prove useful. Think of me as a paranoid, but if I play with strangers, I'd like to certify I'm not playing with a cheater before launching the game.

As for the flags, I gave @Anton and @Cuv my full support :)