Skip to content

Female Cleric while confronting Figure with Gorion

YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
Was that female cleric there during the original BG1 cutscene? I don't remember her at all...

Comments

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Tamoko? Yes.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Yes.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The bandits, however, are new. As is Sarevok's epic takedown move.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah, her name is Tamoko. You meet her in chapter 7. In the original game she hits you with a flame arrow that does a grand total of 1 damage
    That must have sucked if you had a 1HP Charname.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Ooh, very threatening. I'll be on the look out for her. Haha

No. In Baldur's Gate, Tamoka looks out for YOU.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347

No. In Baldur's Gate, Tamoka looks out for YOU.
    I figured as much.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Speaking of Tamoko. Does she just stand there after Gorion casts a spell at her, but otherwise no effect is shown on her? I'm pretty sure that when the game first released that she either had a power word sleep effect or a resolute sphere effect on her at that point.

That seemed to stop happening a few patches ago and now she just stands there after Gorion casts a spell with no visible effect on her (at least for me it does).
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, she gets PW:Sleep'd in the original.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

@Eudaemonium I think that is an impossible situation. Remember that healing spell Gorion (yes him) casts on you in the original? That was to prevent such issues. I also don't think it was possible to have a character with just one HP.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Gorion casts Otiluke's resilient sphere on Tamoko, to take out a dangerous spellcaster right out of the fight. Pw:sleep only works on low hp targets anyway. In the bg:ee cutscene, sometimes Tamoko is encased in the Resilient sphere (but has already dispelled Gorion) sometimes she makes a save vs spells and there is no sphere. Then SPOILER ALERT Gorion dies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    The opening fight seen is much better now her dispel magic makes since for how Servok was able to beet Gorian. In the old cut seen Gorian would be winning the fight then suddenly just keel over.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396

Been a long time since I played the original BG
    but I think your CHARNAME got the maximum HPs at first level for your class plus CON
    edited March 2013
    What if you played a mage with 3 CON?

EDIT: Just tried it, and you start with 2 HP.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

Holy cow, that mage would die a lot. Just a stray arrow at level 5 could be a crit insta-kill.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Holy cow, that mage would die a lot. Just a stray arrow at level 5 could be a crit insta-kill.
    Yeah, 3 CON is something like immune-suppressed, starved to skin and bone, etc. Definitely not adventurer material.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    3 CON. Dang cusp of death Doc Holliday type guy.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Elves can't go lower than 6 Con, what's with that?

Starting as a Human you can get 2 Con by murdering your own Familiar, but even that won't take you down to 1 hp.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    You didn't go far enough, Nifft. Lose a second familiar and your Con drops you to to 1 HP max per level. At first level, that means 1 HP.
    Frosty said:

The opening fight seen is much better now her dispel magic makes since for how Servok was able to beet Gorian. In the old cut seen Gorian would be winning the fight then suddenly just keel over.

I like the new opening fight, but her Dispel Magic has about a 5% chance of working though.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

Frosty said:

I like the new opening fight, but her Dispel Magic has about a 5% chance of working though.
    She probably just reloaded the Gorian fight until it worked.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    That low a con can only mean...Elric lives!

Need his sword Stormbringer, though. Yep.
    Nifft said:

Starting as a Human you can get 2 Con by murdering your own Familiar, but even that won't take you down to 1 hp.

Cant you murder it twice to reduce it to 1 con?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    ajwz said:

Nifft said:

Cant you murder it twice to reduce it to 1 con?
    Yes, you can reach 1 HP that way in EE, but only because the half familiar HP damage isn't being applied anymore.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Jalily said:

Yes, you can reach 1 HP that way in EE, but only because the half familiar HP damage isn't being applied anymore.

Say what?

@Jalily did they really do that?
    Well, I've registered it as a bug...but yeah. If it weren't for that, low level mages wouldn't survive their familiar getting killed, and you wouldn't be able to reach 1 HP in the Prologue.
    Maybe they could bypass it with Aid from the priest of oghma in candlekeep?
    He doesn't offer Aid.