Skip to content

how do i download the latest patch

downloaded the game with the stand alone .exe and cant find the updates. tried running the application (which runs fine) but there is no update feature anywhere
numenoriangr

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Run the launcher (BGEE.exe); it's in your Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder. The launcher should detect a newer version automatically and create an Apply Update button. If not (and you're not already on v2014), click the diamond in the lower right-hand corner and choose Repair Install. Finally, if that doesn't work, go into your Data folder, delete the .beam and .status files, and try again.
  • samsomsamsom Member Posts: 7
    launcher did not detect a new version, there is no diamond in the bottom right hand corner, deleted the .beam and .status files and tried again still nothing, ive also tried reinstalling many times and had no luck. is there and websites that may host a updater?
    There are no standalone patches.

Are you sure you're running BGEE.exe and not baldur.exe?
    i dont have a BGEE.exe unless its in a subfolder i cannot find
    did a search i dont have a BGEE.exe anywhere on my harddrive
    Move up two folders.
    moving up two folders puts me in my c: drive
    You're playing a pirated version.
    i have two copies i have a steam copy as well, neither will update (friend gave me a copy said try it)
    when the steam copy tries to update threw steam it crashes which im trying to get around
  • IncasIncas Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Jalily said:

You're playing a pirated version.

Oh BeamDog installs its own game pirated? The BeamDog client does not install the game in the program folder per default and it doesn't generate a "bgee.exe" neither. It also doesn't show if it's patched or not.

Edit: I just made the mistake of installing with the beamdog client. Reinstalling with the other client, which hopefully doesn't treat me like an idiot.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The Beamdog client only shows an available patch if there's a patch available. When you first install the game, you're installing the most up-to-date version of it (which is currently v.2014). So if you're looking at the main menu, where it says the build number, it should say "v1.0.2014". If your game is up-to-date, you won't see any patches available.

If you have the game but not the client (and you didn't install using Steam), that means one of three things:

1) You installed the game and then removed the Beamdog client
    2) You installed the game using the stand-alone launcher
    3) You're playing an invalid copy of the game

For #2, you should have a launcher (BGEE.exe) that allows you to repair your installation to the most current update. For #1, reinstalling the client will give you the client interface.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Something strikes me as odd about that image. Why is there an uninstaller? If it's supposed to be there, why don't I have one? (I have both the Beamdog and the standalone versions installed on the same machine, and the only uninstaller I have is in the client/standalone directory - not the game directory)

I wanna be special, too...

As a side note, @Dee, for the game to update that person would need to have a game registered to an account, right? Could it be something funky there?
    CrevsDaak
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you don't have the game on your account you can't even log in. But if you don't have the launcher file (BGEE.exe), then that's a moot point.
  • DoubtFuLDoubtFuL Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    i found out how to solve it. whoever is interested can ask me :)
    Post edited by DoubtFuL on