Skip to content

Crash when entering BG City NW Section

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
Current behavior: Game freezes and ultimately crashes when attempting to enter the NW section of the city. I have tried from every bordering map and once from each the farm and the bridge.

Expected behavior: Ability to enter NW Baldur's Gate.

This seems to happen since the last patch.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Please send the crash dump in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash to support@beamdog.com along with your bug report.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I have 3 from the 2014 patch; I send all?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Sure.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Done and done.
    Jalily
  • cedessecedesse Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    As soon as I click on the NW area of Baldur's Gate in the city map view, the game stops responding (blue rotating circle). All I can do is to press Ctrl Alt Del and stop the process.

NOTE: My game has already been auto-updated to the most recent version (February 22nd), which ironically enough claims to have solved the game crashing issue with the NW area. :(

I can't play the game, if one of its most important areas can't be accessed.

Do I need to reinstall the whole game? (Am using the Steam version)
    Or can the corrupt files be rebuilt in another way?

I have updated my NVidia GT 320 driver to the most recent version. In the NVidia Control Panel I can't see that I can do anything to manually prevent BGEE.exe from using Intel drivers.
    In fact, there are no references to Intel/System drivers in the NVidia Control Panel, just a whole bunch of Anti Aliasing, Vertical Sync and Texture Filtering settings that I can't relate to the instructions given by the default error message on the Beamdog Troubleshooting error page.

Can anybody help?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I think I've seen this reported elsewhere...
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There was a weapon, blun38, that is causing the crashes. This is fixed in the non-steam version.
    Since i know how much bugs like these suck, here is a fixed item.
    Drop the content of this file in your game override folder, after unzipping.
    KidCarnivalErg
  • cedessecedesse Member Posts: 18
    Blimey! It worked. :)
    Thanks.