Skip to content

Neera and Edwin question - If you take Neera on while Edwin is in your party...and he leaves....?

Will he come back later on in her side quests to antagonize her...or is he just out of the game?

Comments

• nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I believe that once Edwin leaves he is gone for good. I know that happened to me, I didn't know his quest had a timeline on it so there was a moment when he just bolted and that was it. Kind of sucked as he took a lot of good stuff with him but oh well
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I got the line about him not wishing to stay in a party with Neera, I said okay Edwin, tough luck, her over you. He now stands exactly where I left him, as if fired the usual way. I have completed the Dynaheir rescue quest, dunno if that has any effect... but it might, seeing as he doesn't usually hang around forever if you don't do "his" quest with her?
  • ptondaptonda Member Posts: 35
    You can just kick Edwin before recruiting Neera and then add him again to the party. It worked for me, at least before trigger other Neere events.
  • KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    Edwin and Neera. The additional story of these three, including Charname, could be more entertaining than the rest of possible interactions.

Imagine that you could talk to Edwin just before recruiting her in order to plot behind her back. To do so you should change the color of Edwin's clothes to remain incognito.
    At the end of this quest and the final fight in the caves the scheme would be revealed, and well, some unpredictable things happen.

Like mages start making fun out of Edwin's new color selection ;), or even more - teleporting to Thayan's dungeons in order to give the reward. That would be an *evil* quest which I think BG lacked a bit.

The quite harsh atmosphere after seizeing the Wild Mageling ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_torture_rack ) like her would be rewarding option for Evil Charnames who didn't like the new NPC at all.

KidCarnival
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I love @Kozaro's idea. Actually, I'd be happy with ANY evil option to side with the Red Wizards, Edwin in party or not. Ekandor does acknowledge that I'm a bystander who gets dragged into a fight by Neera and is more willing to negotiate than let's say, the neutral druids in Cloakwood. It feels weird that he agrees twice (depending on my dialogue choices) to let me go if he can take Neera, and then his underlings attack me anyway after he is gone. They are lawful evil, so they should keep their word and obey their leader.

Garrick's quest also has the option to take Silke's side and be evil. I wish it worked like that with Neera - I help the Red Wizards capture her (or simply don't interfere, as my dialogue options indicate), and as a reward, they give me the gem bag. The empty gem bag, because they are evil - and because I have no use for the gems in it, as they are part of a Neera quest I will not get without her.
    EudaemoniumIecerint
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    In my game Edwin threatened to leave, then did when I recruited Neera. However I talked to him right after he left and he rejoined, with no more complaints about her.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Delvarian said:

In my game Edwin threatened to leave, then did when I recruited Neera. However I talked to him right after he left and he rejoined, with no more complaints about her.

Typical!

• The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    hmmm I do know that Dynaheir has some minor lines at the end of Neeras quest...

Easiest way i have noticed to have both Edwin and Dynaheir in the same party is... First reqruit Dynaheir without activating Minsc or edwin quest... then go to edwin and he joins your party... let Dynaheir die in your party and you have finished edwins quest (I think not 100% sure here... someone can maybe confirm this) then you resurrect Dynaheir at the temple ...after that recruit neera and do her quest.... I think there might be more lines if you have all 3 Npc in same party... I can't conform this... but it is likely they have some lines....
    Yes, if Dynaheir dies while in a party with Edwin, he counts the quest as complete. It doesn't matter if you revive her at a temple.
    Delvarian said:

I was hoping he'd try to kill Neera or switch sides in the fight with Ekandor. I was a very sad bhaalspawn when no such thing happened. Now, I just get Neera in my party first, do her quest, and by the time it's done and she oh-so-sadly died after running into a kobold commando or something, Edwin is a higher level and actually has CONJURATION SPELLS in his book. It's the best of all worlds; Miss Grating Voice 2013 is dead, I have a neat amulet and some scrolls and Edwin remembered he isn't a necromancer (so tired of getting him at low levels with Larloch's Minor Drain and Horror memorized... Just... WHY?!)

DelvarianEudaemoniumIecerint
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    poeple are gonna flame me i just know it, but i hate edwin, to me he's an arrogent jackass that no matter how many times i've killed WILL NOT STAY DEAD!!! i prefer Aerie over him, at least Areie is verstile. my usal party is Me, Imoen, Minsc, Areie, Mazzy, and Keldorn
    The_Shairs_Handbook
    Aerie? Isn't that the name of a dead ogre in BG2?
    IecerintEudaemoniumartastropheFredjo
    no it's the name of a winged elf in BG2 she first appears as an orge in the circus due to an illusion spell casted by an insane gnome, wait i see a pattern all gnomes in BG are insane or just plain werid
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Gnomes can be ... gnomic.
    don't know whose more annoying Taix or Edwin
    To me, Aerie is a dead ogre. Also, the gnome in the circus is Quayle, not Tiax.
    Fyre