Skip to content

Well, that's one way to kill Drizzt...

Struck and killed by lightning from the stormy weather in the middle of the fight. I got no rep loss or xp, and got his equipment. I'll count that as a win.
DarksheerOxford_GuyKidCarnival

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Nice! Sadly that's probably one in a lifetime luck. But i'm going to try that with some lightning resistance gear.

1.) Go out in the rain
    2.) Find Drittz
    3.) Go grab a coffe
    4.) ????
    5.) Profit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Bhaaldog said:

*must... resist urge*

To End........
    FlashburnSpaceInvader
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Bhaaldog. Resist the dark side. Resist. Be strong.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

Bhaaldog said:

*must... resist urge*

To End........
    Like This?

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Hah, yeah. It almost sucked though, as the lightning decided that it wasn't finished with Drizzt and came after three of my party members too. Luckily they survived it.
    edited March 2013
    Akihiko said:

Hah, yeah. It almost sucked though, as the lightning decided that it wasn't finished with Drizzt and came after three of my party members too. Luckily they survived it.

The most frustrating losses i have had in BG1no reload has been to lightning. Did a no reload solo diviner with 10 constitution and everything worked just like i had planned with buffs and spells helping me survive. But when i walk out of the bandits tent in bandit camp i get struck by lightning once and instantly die.

The reason i hate killing drizzt is the reputation hit, and most of the people i would want the sword on are either rangers or paladins so that have always kept me away from doint it. But looks like for once the lightning actually got a good use ;)

[Edited] : I always rest and never travel during rain when i play no reloads now in BG1. I thought it was a rare happening but it seems that it happens quite a bit in Trilogy.
    diggerb
    Yeah, this is the first time I've been happy to see lightning, definately.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @SionIV, the most frustrating loss I ever had in BG1 was a random Basilisk encounter while traveling. I had spare Pro-v Pet scrolls, but no Stone to Flesh. Lost Minsc, Branwen and Imoen before i decided to reload.
    edited March 2013

@SionIV, the most frustrating loss I ever had in BG1 was a random Basilisk encounter while traveling. I had spare Pro-v Pet scrolls, but no Stone to Flesh. Lost Minsc, Branwen and Imoen before i decided to reload.

I used to get those while traveling in Vanilla BG. But i don't think i have ever ran into them while playing trilogy or tutu. If i started running into them in my No-reload games i would probably permantly stay away from those areas when traveling.

There is really nothing to do if you get taken by a basilisk unprepared except perhaps a potion of mirroring.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This is about the third thread someone has made about a Drizzt lightning death that I have seen.
    smeagolheartSpaceInvader
    Tresset said:

This is about the third thread someone has made about a Drizzt lightning death that I have seen.

Oh? Sorry for the repeat thread then. I haven't been on these forums long, so I hadn't realized.
    Heh, its ok. I don't mind. Just wanted to let you know that you aren't the first. Carry on.
    Tresset said:

Heh, its ok. I don't mind. Just wanted to let you know that you aren't the first. Carry on.

This just helps by showing us how rare it is. If this is the third time it has happened (Atleast on the forum) Then it might actually be worth the time to camp him with lightning resistant gear :)
    Just so you know, lightning does half the targets max HP in damage so it would take 2-3 hits for him to die just by lightning.
    Tresset said:

Just so you know, lightning does half the targets max HP in damage so it would take 2-3 hits for him to die just by lightning.

Wow, really? I mean, when it hit my characters I noticed it do half their health in damage, but I figured it would get weaker as the characters health reduced. I gotta be more careful in storms.
    edited March 2013
    Tresset said:

This must depend on what version you are playing. I have lost alot more than 50% of my health to lightning with trilogy installed. My cavalier lost about 80% on his last playthrough and ended up with 3 health left from almost full. My diviner had full health and instantly died when i excited the bandit tent.

Also on the no-reload threads on the social bioware forum some people got stuck by lightning and didn't take any damage in their game. So i wouldn't be suprised if this was another one of those "Which version are you playing"?

If it always did half current health in damage it wouldn't ever kill anyone unless they only had 1 HP left.
    edited March 2013
    @SionIV I was only taking into account an unmodded BG:EE. In the unmodded original the lighting never did any damage.
    Tresset said:

@SionIV I was only taking into account an unmodded BG:EE. In the unmodded original the lighting never did any damage.

I'm new to BG:EE so i'm glad that i'm learning something new there!

So that makes it :

Vanilla -> No damage.
    Tutu / Trilogy -> Random, can instantly kill or only take 10 damage.
    BG:EE -> 50% of your maximum health.

Tresset said:

If it always did half current health in damage it wouldn't ever kill anyone unless they only had 1 HP left.

I don't know why, but I guess I always assumed that it also had a minimum damage it would deal, like 10 or something. But that's based on absolutely nothing, so I'm not surprised that I was wrong.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited March 2013
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving...
    @AHF Uhh, didn't I say that?
    AHF
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited March 2013
    Tresset said:

@AHF Uhh, didn't I say that?

@Tresset - Yes - I misread and plead idiocy! I agree with your summary.