Skip to content

White Leather Armor?

So I was playing Dragon Age II today, and was admiring Sebastian's white, gold-chased leather armor, and couldn't help thinking that this would be an awesome color scheme for a suit of leather or studded leather in BGEE or BG2EE. What do you guys think? Could be a fun idea for a modder to try.
Eudaemonium

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    That doesn't sound too hard to do with NI. I once made a hammer pink with NI.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    You can change the colour of lethal, metal and everything on your armor and character through Shadowkeeper. So it's very simple to do.
    Ok I played around with the shadow armor and gave it to Imoen. I never played Dragon Age so I don't know what the armor you mention looks like. What do you think? (just so you know her normal clothing color is black)image
    KidCarnivalStickanCalmarDJKajuru
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Cool beans
    SionIV said:

You can change the colour of lethal, metal and everything on your armor and character through Shadowkeeper. So it's very simple to do.

Oh yeah... shadow keeper... that would have been easier...
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If I recall correctly, there are white dragon scales in Watcher's Keep you can make into leather armour.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited March 2013
    SionIV said:

Won't the armor you're wearing override those selections, though?

If I recall correctly, there are white dragon scales in Watcher's Keep you can make into leather armour.

I think that's a suit of splint, actually, but I could be wrong.

@Tresset
    That looks really awesome! Pretty much exactly what I was imagining. I've never had much luck with NI, though. Tried to edit the pink axe that slays undead in BG2, but couldn't quite figure it out.

@Bhaaldog
    You don't think it'd look cool on a Ranger or Barbarian?

SionIV said:

Won't the armor you're wearing override those selections, though?

I think that's a suit of splint, actually, but I could be wrong.

@Tresset
    That looks really awesome! Pretty much exactly what I was imagining. I've never had much luck with NI, though. Tried to edit the pink axe that slays undead in BG2, but couldn't quite figure it out.

@Bhaaldog
    You don't think it'd look cool on a Ranger or Barbarian?
    Shadowkeeper also colour the armor, from the mid pieces to the metal and leather parts. I always got frustrated with my assassins shadow armor having that glimmering metal on it. So i went into shadowkeeper and turned the metal pitch black instead, worked wonders.
    TJ_Hooker
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297

Cespenar forge you a Scale Armor out of it, same type as Cromwell's shadow dragon scale.
    Foggy said:

Cespenar forge you a Scale Armor out of it, same type as Cromwell's shadow dragon scale.
    Want to do some shameless advertising for one of my favorite mods here, BG2 tweaks. Got so many great options you can pick between, and one of theese is that Cromwell can make Cespenar's items aswell. My favorite from BG2 tweaks is 'Remove helmet' though, amazing mod!
    AHF
    SionIV said:

Shadowkeeper also colour the armor, from the mid pieces to the metal and leather parts. I always got frustrated with my assassins shadow armor having that glimmering metal on it. So i went into shadowkeeper and turned the metal pitch black instead, worked wonders.

Shadowkeeper can edit the colors of items, too? I've never been able to do that. How?
    edited March 2013
    Appearance

Clothing Minor
    Clothing Major
    Armor (!)
    Leather (!)
    Metal (!)

[Edited] : You can change certain armors more than others, i just tried with a chain mail and it didn't do much, though when i did the same with a leather armor it pretty much got the colour i wanted.

Looks like there are only certain armors its possible with, as otherwise those functions only change your basic clothing.

Baldur's gate really doesn't favor pink, god you can turn out ugly :P

[Edited 2] : Make that very few, only been able to change my bard armor from Song and Silence and a normal leather armor. The Studdel is still it's original brown.

[Edited 3] : You can change minor details (Like removing the shiny parts from the shadow armor) but you can't change the original colour of the leather it seems. I'm quite sure the bard one from the mod is a special case, and i don't know why my leather armor changes colour aswell but the rest doesn't. Might have another mod that affect the normal leather armor. But as i'm not a modder, i really can't answer why or how.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    SionIV said:

Want to do some shameless advertising for one of my favorite mods here, BG2 tweaks. Got so many great options you can pick between, and one of theese is that Cromwell can make Cespenar's items aswell. My favorite from BG2 tweaks is 'Remove helmet' though, amazing mod!

I always have BG2 Tweaks installed, it has been updated to v11 on G3 site, awesome mod.

Also tried the SK trick, it only affect a few select modded armors colors. I see no option other than using Near Infinity or waiting for a talented modder to share his work.
    Foggy said:

SionIV said:

I always have BG2 Tweaks installed, it has been updated to v11 on G3 site, awesome mod.

Also tried the SK trick, it only affect a few select modded armors colors. I see no option other than using Near Infinity or waiting for a talented modder to share his work.
    We could also chain Tresset to his desk and force him to make several more leather armors! Pink, purpur, violet, a sexy dangerous red for sarevok with some frills. Mhmmmm!
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Tresset said:

That doesn't sound too hard to do with NI. I once made a hammer pink with NI.

Damn it. It's red I tell ya - RED!

SpaceInvaderSilverstar
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The Cosmetic Revisions mod removes all color effects from non-magical stuff (weapons, armors, helms). In some cases, it doesn't do much (Studded Leather, sadly), but other things are way more awesome (Dorn being all black; non-magical black plate and helm).
    BG3 needs armor dye, imo.
    StickanKidCarnivalFlashburn
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136

BG3 needs armor dye, imo.

A simple, yet elegant solution to all our fashion problems.
    Stickan said:

A simple, yet elegant solution to all our fashion problems.

Yeah, all this nonsense with Shadowkeeper and armors having their own color values that Shadowkeeper cannot affect is lame. I tried to use NI years ago and couldn't figure it out, sadly.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Rupert the dye merchant mod should be converted yo BG:EE so we can try all fancy colorful combinations we want! ^^
    lunar said:

Rupert the dye merchant mod should be converted yo BG:EE so we can try all fancy colorful combinations we want! ^^

Wat? Such a thing EXISTS?!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited March 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2013

lunar said:

Wat? Such a thing EXISTS?!

Yes there is the mod. The guy sells dyes of every possible hue for everything:leather, armor, small items, major cloth, minor color, hair etc. Also sells 'clothes' like fighters garb, priestly outfit, rogue tunic etc. They change your avatar to that class when you use them. So your fighter/mage can look like a mage if you wish. The mod has some in-game humour and you meet the queer fellow Rupert in BG1, SoA and even in ToB (he has a nice surprise there, made me chuckle!)

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/24786-rupert-the-dye-merchant-version-211/
    Check it out!
    Not EE compatible as for now AFAIK
    Erg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    @Lunar

Thanks for letting me know about this mod.

I'm currently playing also a fully modded BG1Tutu game alongside the BGEE playthrough.

I'm definitely going to add this to the long list of mods that already are in my BG1Tutu install.
    Post edited by Erg on
    lunar