Skip to content

curse you! no good dwarves in BG2!

yeah in my opinon a party is not complete without a badass dwarf in the party, in Bg there was yeslick who i liked, but the cloest you get to a dwarf in BG2 with a good alined party is Mazzy a halfling, wish you could have yeslick again or an even more awesome dwarf simlar to gimli or bureor

Comments

• KristijonasKristijonas Member Posts: 11
    Korgan only makes Aerie leave, so he can be used in a good-aligned company as well. Provided concessions are made.
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    wish there was a way to make korgan a good guy cuase he harasses a lot of my party memebers
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @KidCarnival has the right of it. Make CHARNAME himself the party's resident badass dwarf. The shiny new Dwarven Defender kit is the perfect excuse.
    XD lol i like playing elves and pretend their drow why becuase there are not enough drow heroes in the world!
    sure and giants knee caps everywhere will be in danger XD unless someone throws the dwarf then that's just badass if it happens to be a flying battlerager of death
    lol not much for scimitar, i prefer long swords and ninjatos, then it's a ninja drow XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

lol not much for scimitar, i prefer long swords and ninjatos, then it's a ninja drow XD

• The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited March 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

According to my Bothan Spies there is a rumour that there shall be a dwarf who likes defending in BG2 EE...

Any Crazy female (defender class) Dwarf follower with lotsa beard got my vote
    :P
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Has the 'dwarves have max Dex of 16' bug been quashed yet?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2013
    decado said:

Has the 'dwarves have max Dex of 16' bug been quashed yet?

@decado No.

But you could cause some books to magically appear like book05 or book07 to "fix" it if you do not have ipad.

Any Crazy female (defender class) Dwarf follower with lotsa beard got my vote
    :P

Bearded. Female. Dwarf.
    NO!
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    @smeagolheart So true....
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Seems to me that there is a simple solution to this. If the OP wants a goodly aligned dwarf in the party, they can ................. Play one!

Just sayin.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

wish there was a way to make korgan a good guy cuase he harasses a lot of my party memebers

I'd recommend having him and Mazzy in the same party.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Easy solution: Play a good-aligned dwarf.

GENIUS!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited March 2013
    You could even multiplay a whole team of good dwarves!

And make up banters in your head.
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    @the_spyder and what if they want two good aligned dwarves in their party?
    I think that BG (1and 2) have too many elves and sadly too few dwarves...
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    You think that's bad? How about the entire gnome race being comprised of egocentric NPCs that just don't shut up. I could do with less Tiax, Quayle and Jan type gnomes, that's why I always race swap Alora from Halfling to Gnome.
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77

Korgan ---> Helmet of Opposite Alignment
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Uhm, there are mods :P Yeslick can be downloaded at SHS. If you want gnomes, at PPG you can download Kulyok's Tiax and at SHS my Quayle (in Misc. Released Mods section, as it's not really splendid project). If you want halflings, you can check Kaeloree's Nephele or my Petsy (includes romance for short guys).
    That should do :P
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    I think that there are way too many humans in BG. In my opinion it would be better to have the other races represented more in both BG1 and BG2.

In BG1:EE the NPCs are:
    48% Humans
    17% Elves
    10% Half-Elves
    7% Dwarves
    7% Gnomes
    7% Halflings
    3% Half-Orcs

In BG2 the NPCs are:
    58% Humans
    12% Elves
    6% Half-Elves
    6% Dwarves
    6% Gnomes
    6% Halflings
    6% Tieflings
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Bhaaldog said:

According to my Bothan Spies...

@Bhaaldog I love hearing about the exploits of your Bothans!!! ;P

I think for a long time people were beguiled into believing that elves are cool, when the truth is dwarves have always been the best! two of the games I'm currently playing are a dwarven fighter and cleric, to make up for the terrible lack of dwarven NPCs.