Skip to content

How is BGEE doing financially? :)

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    But that would mean.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Alien cover up. Governments are clueless...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Delvarian said:

Scientists in New Zealand claim it cannot be done. According to them DNA degrades too much if over 200 years old or so to allow cloning. Thry were attempting to clone passenger pigeons i believe when they discovered this.
    However if one were to invent a time machine....

But what if the DNA is preserved in amber? ;)
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431

Delvarian said:

Scientists in New Zealand claim it cannot be done. According to them DNA degrades too much if over 200 years old or so to allow cloning. Thry were attempting to clone passenger pigeons i believe when they discovered this.

And they use frog DNA to "close the gaps"!
    Who would have thought to mix BG, Jurassic park and x-files! So much awesome.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Iecerint said:

Delvarian said:

I just had the idea for a movie!
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    Iecerint said:

Delvarian said:

Don't you mean bird DNA?

T Rexes had feathers.

I've hoped that they would remake the Jurassic Park movies with feathered dinosaurs after scientists made that discovery.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Darrylson said:

Iecerint said:

Delvarian said:

Don't you mean bird DNA?

T Rexes had feathers.

I've hoped that they would remake the Jurassic Park movies with feathered dinosaurs after scientists made that discovery.
    Wait, seriously? That is so frickin' awesome.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, it's still subject to some debate, but yes, some fossil evidence has been found that makes it seem that several types of dinosaur were feathered, so the current thinking in palaeobiology is that many probably were. And in similar vein, it's the current theory that dinosaurs didn't actually become completely extinct, but instead some of them evolved into birds and are therefore still around (sort of). Yes, seriously.

Hey, wow ... give a T. Rex wings (and a breath weapon), and you've got a dragon!

So now for "Baldur's Gate: Origins" ... er, that sounds a bit like something else ...
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    Delvarian said:

Scientists in New Zealand..

Well, it's still subject to some debate, but yes, some fossil evidence has been found that makes it seem that several types of dinosaur were feathered, so the current thinking in palaeobiology is that many probably were. And in similar vein, it's the current theory that dinosaurs didn't actually become completely extinct, but instead some of them evolved into birds and are therefore still around (sort of). Yes, seriously.

Hey, wow ... give a T. Rex wings (and a breath weapon), and you've got a dragon!

So now for "Baldur's Gate: Origins" ... er, that sounds a bit like something else ...

I knew the whole Dinosaur>Bird thing, but I always thought it was the smaller dinosaurs that were thought to have gone down that evolutionary path, and that they assumed the big ones were still scaly. Interesting to know.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    Well, theoretically, time machines are possible. There's only one catch: you won't ever be able to go back in time any further than the first working time machine. So the first one you build won't work...
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Bhaaldog said:

Unfortunately I cannot post classified information on the forum... all I will say is that the truth is out there...

Out where?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

Bhaaldog said:

Unfortunately I cannot post classified information on the forum... all I will say is that the truth is out there...

Out where?
    Waaaaaay out there!

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    My poor thread... :p
    I know one person other than me who bought it. But like I said earlier, I bought 3 copies. So I know of 4 copies sold IRL.
    @Bhaaldog: Well, I was planning on shifting to Mac once my PC quit out, but I found myself unable to wait for the iPad version since it was taking so long, so I ended up buying a PC copy anyway. Then the iPad copy when it came out. Then my PC then died in December, and I got a Macbook Pro, and bought EE again when it got the Mac release. I will only be buying two copies of BG2:EE. I actually offered to give my PC copy to my friend, but she wanted to support Overhaul and bought her own one anyway.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Darrylson said:

Iecerint said:

Delvarian said:

Don't you mean bird DNA?
    Not in Michael Crichton's universe, sir.

Iecerint said:

Delvarian said:

I just had the idea for a movie!
    Spongebob Squarepants live action movie? I know I had the same idea!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Spongebob Squarepants

Fortunately I've never had to endure more than a few seconds of that stuff. Nono. My idea is for a movie I'll call "Really-long-ago Park"; it'll be about cloning dinosaurs using DNA stored in amber and spliced with frog DNA to complete it, then putting said dinosaurs in an amusement park. Naturally all goes wrong and the dinosaurs gets loose! How noone else has had this idea yet I'm not sure.
    edited March 2013

Spongebob Squarepants

Fortunately I've never had to endure more than a few seconds of that stuff. Nono. My idea is for a movie I'll call "Really-long-ago Park"; it'll be about cloning dinosaurs using DNA stored in amber and spliced with frog DNA to complete it, then putting said dinosaurs in an amusement park. Naturally all goes wrong and the dinosaurs gets loose! How noone else has had this idea yet I'm not sure.
    I think said movie should definitely star Samuel L. Jackson and he should say something along the lines of "I have had it with these mother falcon dinosaurs in this mother falcon park!"
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Coriander said:
    Oh.
    Sam Hulick's work has certainly gone downhill now he's spending all his time in your new dinosaur theme park.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Bhaaldog said:

Somebody needs to start a Kickstarter to actually attempt to resurrect dinosaurs.

Do not worry, *we* are working on it...
    Hey. I thought "They" were working on it? Could it be two groups are working on the same project?