Skip to content

How is BGEE doing financially? :)

I apologize if this cannot be discussed (in which case please lock this/delete it/kill it with fire) but I would love to know whether Beamdog got anywhere near as much as they expected/deserve with regards to sales/income. Also love to hear from anyone willing to share how many people they know bought BGEE.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Been wondering as well. Obviously I expect they can't/won't discuss numbers, but it would be interesting to hear if they've done as well as, or better than, they expected. I think they said they were pleased with pre-orders back in that question-answering session thing.

I know 2 other people that bought it with barely any prodding and I grabbed an additional copy for a sibling. So that's at least 4 sales.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Aosaw said:

We were initially disappointed with the number of people who didn't buy the "Boo's Mother" DLC, but I guess that's what happens when you don't advertise at the Super Bowl...

*goes and checks the store*

Damn it.

Jared4242DecrepitDragonShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I have a couple of friends who used to play BG/BG2 back in the day. They eventually moved on to other games while I remained hopelessly addicted.

Both bought BG:EE when it came out.
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    I'd also like an indication of how well this first Enhanced Edition has done financially.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The devs have stated some times that they can't talk about sales results. But as @ajwz pointed out, a company that is not well will not start hiring.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Tome said:

Also love to hear from anyone willing to share how many people they know bought BGEE.

That's the part I can answer. I bought my own copy (big surprise, I know) and two more for my best friend and my brother (as birthday gifts). Another 4 friends have bought it, so we are set for a multiplayer party. :D
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I bought three copies (PC, iPad, Mac OSX). I will probably only be getting 2 for BG2:EE since I do not have a PC anymore.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Bhaaldog said:

Aosaw said:

We were initially disappointed with the number of people who didn't buy the "Boo's Mother" DLC, but I guess that's what happens when you don't advertise at the Super Bowl...

Great Scott! I missed that DLC!!
    The subquest where you have to rescue Boo from the eight fingered Priest is hilarious
    [Deleted User]
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I bought a couple copies, and plan the same when BG2:EE comes around. No one but the devs can say how well BG:EE is doing, and a private company such as Overhaul/Beamdog won't give information regarding finances; even if it were not actually part of some contractual agreement. I would imagine the financial news is, at the very least, somewhat positive.

I think the more appropriate question would be, "do the devs consider this game a success?"

Right now, only time will tell. If we see news of BG3, then we can be reasonably certain that BG:EE and BG2:EE will be/are/were successful.
    @Aosaw

I've heard this Ramen stuff is bad for your health... maybe you should try living out of sunlight, like the people in these pages:

http://www.examiner.com/article/doctors-confirm-indian-man-lives-on-sunlight-and-water
    http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/28-08-2006/84110-sunlight-0/

It must be possible and healthy. The sources are VERY trustworthy :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    mlnevese said:

@Aosaw

I've heard this Ramen stuff is bad for your health... maybe you should try living out of sunlight, like the people in these pages:

http://www.examiner.com/article/doctors-confirm-indian-man-lives-on-sunlight-and-water

That's not fair. That Indian guy must be a wereplant. Apples and oranges.
    mlneveseEudaemonium
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    The devs have become obscenely rich and started to wear tons of bling bling and drive around in totally pimp'd rides.
    GrandeC

mlnevese said:

@Aosaw

That's not fair. That Indian guy must be a wereplant. Apples and oranges.
    Damn, now I want to see a wereplant in something. Like someone who turns into a triffid or Audrey Jr. from Little Shop of Horrors.
    KidCarnival

Damn, now I want to see a wereplant in something. Like someone who turns into a triffid or Audrey Jr. from Little Shop of Horrors.

I think the second Sims game had wereplants. Though probably not quite the kind you'd have in mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    EnialusMeliamne
    tilly said:

!
    alligators? :D
    gyrocopters? :D
    private island? :D

They're planning to re-open Jurassic Park! ^_^

Take my money - all of it! :u *throws coloured moneys*

IS this a hint on BG3 storyline? Jurassic Gate? :)
    Somebody needs to start a Kickstarter to actually attempt to resurrect dinosaurs.
    Silverstar[Deleted User]KidCarnival
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    mch202[Deleted User]Selaboc
    Coriander said:

You do realize you're going to hell for that right?
    mch202[Deleted User]
    Eudaemonium
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Scientists in New Zealand claim it cannot be done. According to them DNA degrades too much if over 200 years old or so to allow cloning. Thry were attempting to clone passenger pigeons i believe when they discovered this.
    However if one were to invent a time machine....
    Iecerint
    Silverstar