Skip to content

Account Name, what's your story?

Comments

• SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2013
    It's the name my mother used to call me when I was a child. And... yeah. That's about it. I dunno, I like it. I think it's cute.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SirHables
    edited March 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

That is quite interesting? What language is it in?

Well, I'm from and live in Sweden, but I don't think... well, see, my real name's Simon. And my mother, during her bouts of baby talking, just pronouced it like Snimon... or Sniiiimon, if she really wanted to be all cutesy and stuff. ^^ @Bhaaldog
    [Deleted User]SirHables
    SniiiimonEudaemonium
    No prob, @Bhaaldog! :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Mine started out because I used to be a big Spiderman fan when I was young. Later it became the name of a Renegade Timelord in some fan fiction that I wrote. Finally, it became a character name (sort of nickname or title) in various CRPG games. So it kind of stuck.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @the_spyder Would you like a jelly baby?
    SirHables
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    LOL. You can always tell the old school fans like myself. I don't think they have introduced them in the new series yet.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    First time I heard it was watching Record of Lodoss War when I was 12-13... I just thought it sounded pretty and would make a suitable online nickname :)
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    @Sylph

I've heard that word before. Right after I got with a Hong Kongese hooker back in 07' while in the Navy.

• StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Stickan is the Swedish translation of "the splinter". And before anyone starts assuming that I'm some kind of ninja rat, which would be awesome by the way... I'm not! It refers to the other kind of splinter: The annoying kind that gets lodged in your foot or something. A thin piece of wood or metal etc.

It's my real life nickname and it all started at the fire station when I jokingly taunted a fellow, who'd done a carrying exercise before me, telling him something like "hey splinter, could you add some more weights to the doll for me?". He couldn't really take it, being very competative, and the others gleefully agreed that it suited me better instead so since that day I've been Stickan. But I kind of like the sound of it...
    SniiiimonBelgarathMTH
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I am an old wanderer but on the first game forum I joined back in the mid 90's (RTK) wanderer wasn't available - so I wander on - lost or not...
    RnRClownBelgarathMTH
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I was reading Edgar Allan Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado" back when I joined Sorcerer's Place (SP) and took my name from Montresor, the protagonist who kills Fortunato for insults most likely imagined. Hence Montresor_SP.
    JuliusBorisov
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Ozzy Botkins is a play on words for
    "" Odds Bodkins ""
    It means 'God's little body!' It is a minced oath. In Shakespeare's day, saying 'God's body!' would be crude. Odds bodkins was a way to say it that was less offensive.
    I used this name when I played WoW
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    "Nifft" is a character in a series of books by Michael Shea.

It's a pretty decent Sword & Sorcery series.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Nifft said:

I had a female gnome illusionist/thief called Nefti, she was awesome!
    SirHables
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Nifft said:

I had a female gnome illusionist/thief called Nefti, she was awesome!
    Gnomes are all-around awesome.

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I was born Francesco, but since I went through American schools, the teachers quickly transformed it to Frank (which still sometimes makes me grate). So for an adventurer I always felt more comfortable with franco. Sang some opera with that name also. It felt pretty good.
  • mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2013
    Back in 2007 I needed a nickname for Kane's Wrath. Something that felt neutral, that opponent's would underestimate in PvP battle. At the same time I needed something easy to remember so that people who would like a rematch could find me easily. After some thought memento felt the right choice. Plus I always picture in my mind, my rts opponents with names like IIIIII4ml333tkill3rr as fat spoiled kiddos.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Quartz was my first chao from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle from when I was like 8. I wrote fan fiction about him and the other characters. He was a "Legendary Chaos Chao." Thus quartzlcc. I have gone by Quartz or "quartzlcc" on every single forum, website, and everything else since. Ten years now...
    EudaemoniumBelgarathMTH
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    I was looking in a flower catalog the day before I joined and was tempted to get some Starlily bulbs. Thought it a great name for an Elvish type lady and coupled that with a pic I took of one of my orchids a few years back. Hence "Starlily" :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

This is probably the backstory I least expected.

Rofl, how so? :)
    QuartzAnduin
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Bhaaldog said:

Quartz said:

This is probably the backstory I least expected.

Rofl, how so? :)
    Because It is linked to Sonic the Hedgehog?
    Because it's linked to post Sonic Adventure Sonic the Hedgehog, and that it had to do with a Chao.

I dunno, I guess it messed with my mental image of Quartz.
    [Deleted User]Quartz
  • SirHablesSirHables Member Posts: 10
    At a tennis club I used to go to, everyone used to call me Harold (real name Harry), then one day a Spanish player joined. But he couldn't pronounce Harold and instead could only say "Hables" Hence the name.
    HaHaCharade
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I'm a sentient magical book, but a poorly written one. I spend my days reading literature (BG and PST totally count) in the hope that I will discover how to become a bestseller. Only then will I know peace...