Skip to content

Sorcerer (deciple) spell progression

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
So I don't quite understand how the spell progression thing works for these guys. I would like to know some things. Is there like a table that shows exactly how they acquire new spells into their book? Also if the deciples are limited to 4 spells per spell level then how many spells do ordinary sorcerers get per spell level? I would like to know high level details too for when BG2:EE comes out. This is mostly for planning purposes.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    They acquire new spells at the same rate as normal sorcerers. Their limitation is one fewer casting per level per day. The description will be fixed in the next patch.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Jalily That is good to know but what is there a maximum number of spells they can learn per spell level? I don't really care how many they can cast per day right now. I just want to know how big a penalty the deciple's 4 spells per spell level is compared to normal sorcerer.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    You've got the progression charts for Sorcerer spells here:
    http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts#Sorcerer

Should still be accurate in BG:EE. Note that, as has been said, a Dragon Disciple will get 1 less castable spell per day than a regular sorcerer. At maximum level in BG:EE (level 9), a Dragon Disciple will know 5 level 1 spells, 4 level 2 spells, 3 level 3 spells, and 2 level 4 spells.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    It's the same for Sorcerors and Dragon Disciples - they just get one fewer castings per day. Which is actually a bigger penalty, especially for non-solo runs that have a backup mage for everything a Sorceror isn't doing.