Skip to content

BG II EE info update

2»

Comments

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Black Pits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    Black Pits????
    mod??
  • JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    International Sites:

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition ???????????
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Jaseace said:

So, now played BG:EE to "death" literally and have 6 final saves (sarevok killed) and I "think" all possible quests complete. What next?????????

Go outside?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

Jaseace said:

So, now played BG:EE to "death" literally and have 6 final saves (sarevok killed) and I "think" all possible quests complete. What next?????????

Go outside?
    Try one of the challenges - I'm guessing this one will probably give you a different experience than most you have done.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15828/the-75-roll-no-reloadno-resurrection-challenge#latest

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Take up jogging. It's an outstanding thing to do in your free time.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Well, the devs originally announced Android version will be up around December. Now it's April and they are still struggling with it. (Or Cam is. It's a popular joke around Android-part of forums, that Cam is the only programmer in there.)

It is known, that part of the team is already working on BG2, but another part still works on fixing problems on BG1 and finish normalizing the code across all plattforms.
    The Web spell bug required a renderer rewrite. Android's strange file structure required rewrite of the memory/disk access routines... (We heard some details on how it was done before and trust me - it wasn't pretty)

From the tweets and forum posts I have understood, that they are working on a version of the engine that would work on all plattforms (PC/MAC/iPad/Android) and would get rid of all the bugs and obscure routines that were implemented because of time shortage by the original team.

TL;DR ...so to say, we probably won't see BG2 earlier than 1st quarter of 2014, but rest assured that most of the engine bugs will be already fixed.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    I don't see how it's very disappointing. They've improved the game quite a bit (for the most part). I'd rather they take their time on BG2: EE than rush it out. There is still much that can be done with BG: EE. I still have to play it on windowed mode (cursor error) and since I run Vista, the "videos" are still very sub-par. I have been pretty impressed with the quickness that they've fixed bugs. The kits and minor improvements made since release is better than most "online release" games out there.

If you're bored, play it a different way than you usually do...or just do something else. Better to wait and have a quality product, then it be rushed and the product be underwhelming.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    from Phil's twitter:
    "#bg2ee oh so yoshimo can come visit Amn but the PC can't visit Shou Lung? we'll see about that."
    "#bg2ee i should have given this tagline to Dorn's quest in ToB "Where we're going, we don't need lives.""
    "#bg2ee On Wild Airlines, the unapproachable east is only a surge away!"
    As for adventure Y:
    "#bg2ee #bgee hey remember that "Adventure Y" @SamHulick hinted at awhile ago? WELL HAVE I GOT ABSOLUTELY NO NEWS FOR YOU"
    "#bg2ee #bgee okay that was mean, here's a hint: Find a bridge to the north of Baldur's Gate that would hold significance to the Bhaalspawn."
    I never know how seriously to take Phil's tweets but anyway...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Thx for being the only one to attend my request @Scooter, with all due respect to the other users, we got a lot of off-topic before a proper answer :)! I really don't care about a bit off-topic matters, but we can't lose the focus of the thread.

Hope we get more news about BG II EE, but if the comments are like that yet, i presume they're yet planning probally what new content will be integrated to BG II EE, which means that, probally, being a LOT POSITIVE, the devs at the maximum only adapted the old contend to the improved infinite engine. All the new content (or a huge part of it probally) are still being produced.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Scooter said:

from Phil's twitter:
    here's a hint: Find a bridge to the north of Baldur's Gate that would hold significance to the Bhaalspawn."
    I never know how seriously to take Phil's tweets but anyway...

Perhaps he is referring to the black dragon gate. It's the only possible exit to the north of the city. I don't have BG installed to check it.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Scooter said:

"#bg2ee #bgee okay that was mean, here's a hint: Find a bridge to the north of Baldur's Gate that would hold significance to the Bhaalspawn."

Most likely a reference to Boareskyr Bridge, the place where Cyric killed Bhaal.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Hmmm. Looks like another expansion with locations off the edge of the Sword Coast...
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Playing vanilla modded bg2 really brought it home what an improvement bg:ee was.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    ... bg2:ee will be amazing!
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742

Playing vanilla modded bg2 really brought it home what an improvement bg:ee was.

i went and played bg2 too after bg:ee and even with widescreen, bg:ee is visually so much brighter and sharper than bg2