Skip to content

BG II EE info update

Well, i have to say i got a bit disappointed with BG EE, maybe in reason of nostalgia, or maybe the game isn't really that good, my opinion in reason of all the limitations input on it's production, that made the devs repeat the same mistakes of the original game. But it's Baldur's Gate, no matter how sad the potential loss of make it better was, as long it keep the old game face i will like it.

So the point... i wasn't willing to buy BG II EE in fact... but... it's Baldur's Gate so i can't help but make the purchase. I'm not going to make suggestions here or ask anything special, just one thing:

- Make a post, directory on forum or the official website or at least make some collective e-mails to keep us fans aware of the news on BG II EE as date of release, status of the actual project (X% complete for example) among other stuff related to BG II EE.

I feel that i will be able to enjoy better BG EE if i know i can carry that adventure on a longer path, and finish the saga.

Has a long time since i came here on the forum, that's partially in reason of the grown up of threads opposed to the broken configuration that doesn't point new posts in the threads i participate, among other reasons, so if any request like this one was already made, please disregard this thread and lock/delete it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Bhaaldog said:

Spoon...

Fixed :P
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited March 2013
    My take on it is that more will be announced when they are ready to make an announcement. The fact that they haven't been very vocal on it leads me to suspect that release is kinda far from being a reality.
    Jalily said:

Here's all we know:

“The instant Baldur’s Gate is completed most of our team is ready to start work on [it], with a couple holding back to continue to add features and support the fans,” he said. “We’re planning on shipping [it] in 2013, hopefully before the end of summer.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/10/baldur’s-gate-2-enhanced-edition-should-ship-before-the-end-of-summer-2013/

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Nostalgia probably ruined my first playgame, when our expectations are high, any slight mislead can destroy the fun.

I'm well aware of the limitations on the project, as i discussed them for months before the release of the game, however i truly thought that some minor additions on the old content could be made (a single and short quest with one of the peasants on beregost for example)... well maybe i just missed them, but the only points of new content for me came with the new NPCs.

The new weapons introduction didn't impressed me also, but that's personal opinion only.

I raised an expectation of lots of new content with the passing time also, parallel adventures with new areas, kind of monsters and stuff like that.

Those are only some of the points, but hey, don't take me wrong about being an BG hater, as i said i love this game, and even if nostalgia mainly made me a bit disappointed, i'm still going to get my BG II EE copy.

It's Baldur's Gate after all.

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    The only thing I was really dissapointed in was the UI. Id have thought, seeing as that seemed to the one thing they were rebuiling from the ground up, that it would be in true HD. I mean, the colour scheme on the ui is based on opinion, but because the UI didnt use the same filters as the game itself and its relatively low resolution, it just looks a bit blurry at higher resolutions.

Im still impressed with the patches since release, how quick they worked to fix bugs, as well as adding in one new NPC and 5 kits! However the devs have been very quiet for the last month or so.

Kinda dissapointed with the fact weve still had no news on the fabled "Adventure Y" which would probably add the new content that youre looking for kamuizin. Id have thought by now we would at least have some news on it.

I too expected some small additions of content, maybe some of the old wilderness areas have some small quests, but i dont think there are any.

Im actually waiting for BG2EE to be released before I play a proper run through as all the updates/changes they do to BG2EE will be ported back to BGEE.
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    edited March 2013
    BG is vastly inferior to BG2,only Sarevok's story and the Tosc content can compare to BG2

that's why you got dissapointed, it's simply too old to keep up to todays standards
    most people fell in love with the series when they began SoA and afterwards they played bg to learn what happened, so they were already sympathetic towards it
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Some of us prefer BG to SOA - the order in which we played them may have made a difference but I suspect the biggest difference is preference for the lower to mid level play as opposed to mid-high level.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Also, it probably depends on whether one likes the roaming about the wilderness of BG1 as compared to BG2's tighter plot and areas.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Being software dev myself, its really had to give estimates such as X% done. Sometimes the last 1% might take 90% of the dev time.

I'd say that the chances of the game being released during this year are 99%, simply because the engine is ready and it'd be financially poor decision to delay the release because some of unfinished content. Better to cut all unfinished stuff and ship the game if it really comes to that. You can ship the stuff as DLC if you feel like it. With BG:EE the case was different, because the game engine was too buggy to be released and you can't really cut that, so only option was to postpone the release.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Wanderon said:

Some of us prefer BG to SOA - the order in which we played them may have made a difference but I suspect the biggest difference is preference for the lower to mid level play as opposed to mid-high level.

this
  • theperm222theperm222 Member Posts: 84
    I would agree that the lower level play is cool, unless you play as a mage.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

I would agree that the lower level play is cool, unless you play as a mage.

Mages are still incredibly powerful. Sleep = fight over for most of the early game and the ring of wizardry is almost immediately available and gives you plenty of crowd control spells. Web = fight over at 3rd level.

• DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Bhaaldog said:

I would actually wait until they sorted out BG EE before releasing BG2 EE even it means releasing it next year. A significant number of individuals have been disappointed with the EE for various reasons.

I'd really like to see BG EE completely patched and fixed, insofar as that is possible, and a new expansion beyond the 'adventure Y.' Give me everything I could possibly hope to get from BG, then give me BG2. ;)
    I'm wondering if 'Adventure Y' ended up being scrapped, seeing as we've heard nothing about it since before release and all the news seems to be about how they're working on BG2:EE.
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    What's "Adventure Y"?
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Might have to ask Google. Is this some mod, or was it a scrapped part of the game?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013

Might have to ask Google. Is this some mod, or was it a scrapped part of the game?

Back before the game was released, when Trent Oster was talking about some of the features that would be included, he mentioned Adventures X and Y. Adventure X was to be something unrelated to the main story (turned out to be the Black Pits), while Adventure Y was supposed to be something directly related to Bhaalspawn plot, IIRC. As the release date got closer it was stated that Adventure Y would be pushed back, and released post-ship. There hasn't really been any news on it since.
    I kinda assumed that 'part of the Bhaalspawn plot' just meant that it was gonna be integrated into the main plot, like ToSC, not a separate module like the BP, not that they were gonna suddenly reveal a new Bhaalspawn.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Bhaaldog said:

What's "Adventure Y"?

Apparently the protagonist finds out that Sarevok is not the only Bhaalspawn in the city of Baldur's Gate...
    It's Tiax...it's always been Tiax
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Aedan said:

@Bhaaldog said:

Spoon...

Fixed :P
    You were right the first time...

Spoon...

Spoon will not come quick enough!

Always with the spoon...

It can't come spoon enough...

Spoon, spoon, spoon....

Spoon we will know the truth...

Spoon this will be all over...

Spoon.

Moving away from spooning puns. The fans need to be spoon fed some information.

However I would prefer that they sorted BG:EE first. Especially if they can spoon a chunk of Android magic our way...

I would be over the... spoon... *sigh* with that.

Spoon.

• JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    So, now played BG:EE to "death" literally and have 6 final saves (sarevok killed) and I "think" all possible quests complete. What next?????????