Skip to content

Resurrect or Reincarnate

ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
You are preparing to embark on a dangerous errand all alone, with little skills or supplies beyond your own wits and cunning, but thankfully the powers that be are granting you a boon: you are allowed to raise four great heroes, chosen from a total of several dozen, to aid you on your quest. Beyond choosing just which four you bring along (if you know exactly what I'm talking about, feel free to answer to that too), you need to also make the very difficult choice of whether you resurrect them with all their skills and memories intact, or reincarnate them as a blank slate.

Resurrection will, naturally, start them with the same substantial abilities they had in life, whether skills of arms or magic or thievery, giving you an edge for the beginning of your adventure - while reincarnation wipes these clean, but as compensation leaves their physical and mental abilities slightly better, granting them more potential and perhaps leaving them stronger than they were before, once they have finally re-learned their skills. In either case, by the end of the adventure, all four will have gone through enough danger and trials to leave them much stronger than they were to begin with.

So, will you play it the short term, or go for the long run?
  1. Resurrect or Reincarnate12 votes
    1. Resurrect
      33.33%
    2. Reincarnate
      66.67%

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Does dnd have resurection sickness or penalty? Too bad I gotta find out what reincarnation spell is. After all so you talking about dnd spell ,right?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    In D&D Reincarnation will leave you with your memories and skills intact, but in a whole new body that could be of any race. So, no, I'm actually not talking of D&D spells this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Reincarnate.
    So I can mold them to my own devices, yesss....
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I can't split it 2 and 2?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Experience makes the man / woman.

If Winston Churchill was born in a terraced slum in Glasgow, instead of Blenheim Palace, I doubt we would have ever heard of him. Perhaps he could have written a book and highlighted the plight of the poor...

If Gandhi was born in 1750, when Britain was colonising India... I expect that he would have possibly rallied Indians to the local Raj, before dieing nameless in front of the British canons...

If Robin Hood was born into a country where taxation was light to promote growth and prosperity for all, not just the wealthy elite... He probably would have just won the local archery tournament.

What I am trying to say is...

It is the circumstances that people find themselves in that test there bravery, courage and mettle.

All of us have it within us to be heroes.

Luckily, not all of us have to lead a nation through a world war, unite the disparaging cultures of a sub-continent or save the peasantry from overzealous taxation.

You may as well just reincarnate Chuck Norris 4 times...

My 4 to resurrect would be. (Presuming they would need to be physically fit and not mentally acute.)

Fighter
    Alexander the Great - Personally led his Greeks to conquer the ancient world. The worlds first adventurer.

Ranger
    Genghis Khan - Left for dead after a coup, he kept his family alive, before retaking leadership of his clan and then going on to uniting the Mongolian tribes by facing in mortal combat the Khans of the other clans. He then went onto a wave of destruction, humiliating the Northern Chinese provinces and going on to dominate the caucus, creating the nucleus of the largest land empire ever known. The ability of the Mongolians to live off the land, made the need for supply trains and other practicalities that western and Chinese forces needed to wage war unnecessary.

Rogue
    Alfred the Great - The only English king to have Great placed next to his name. Almost single handedly saved what was to become England (Or Angleland as he would have known it) from becoming Vikingland (Or Daneland) If he did not exist, we would not now be reading this in English... He was actually quite sickly from some accounts, but I think he must have been an amazing rogue, he would often pretend to be a bard and spy out the viking forces before battle... He also had that women tell him off for burning the cakes... He was the ruddy king! Hide in plain sight is not just a skill for Shadowdancers...

Mage
    Archimedes - was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. He is credited with designing innovative machines, including siege engines and the screw pump that bears his name. Modern experiments have tested claims that Archimedes designed machines capable of lifting attacking ships out of the water and setting ships on fire using an array of mirrors. Fireball anyone?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what if you were reincarnated into a sickly puppy with lupus? No thanks. My body ain't perfect by a damn sight but it could get much worse.