Skip to content

3.5 Far from canon - Heavy roleplay game.

13»

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Pic I made of Cali
    reedmilfam
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Delvarian - but the other one is awesome! It's actually why I decided to craft a short sword, as it may be useful at some point for our minstrelette.
    I agree I love the original pic!
    reedmilfam
    Well, she has access to a short sword when I finish crafting it :D
    Delvarian said:

I agree I love the original pic!

Wherever did you find it, by the way? Highly fantastic.
    It took me a long time to find, I searched through old books and researched halflings in magazines as well as the Internet. At last I took a trip to Japan, and discovered it among some ancient texts hidden in a mountaintop cave.

I searched for 'Halfling female pics' on yahoo :P

A short sword will be cool, she won't be great with it 10 str and all though.
    Delvarian said:

I searched for 'Halfling female pics' on yahoo :P

A short sword will be cool, she won't be great with it 10 str and all though.

I tried to do such a search on google, but nothing that fantastic came out for me.

As for the sword, it's an RP thing - I saw it on the picture and thought it'd be a nice thing. At this point, Golan uses a heavy hammer (a.k.a. war hammer - the 1d8 variety) as I'm more inclined to RP him as having a bedroll, smithing tools and very little by the way of dragon slaying equipment.
    I know, whenever the pic I use has something I can't help but use the item due to my RP override. I'm the same way in D&D games using minis, whatever weapon the mini is holding I make my character use even if it isn't the most powerful or best weapon for that character.

Cali would like a shortsword anyway, even if she can't use it well. It would make her feel like a real adventuring hero to have a sword. At the moment she just has a sling staff.
    Well, she's going to get a short sword! Maybe nothing special, but it is dwarven make. Not super smith-make, but it is a dwarf. Better than a kick in the knee! (shin for taller beings)

I hate that I can't check the RPG during the day though. It's locked out.
    Delvarian said:

Pic I made of Cali

The different facial expression is interesting to me. In the first, she seems wistful, if not sad. This one captures a sort of intensity, as if she's about to act decisively, but taking a moment to think it through.

Then, again, I remember she has low wisdom. So, maybe she thinks she's thinking it through, but it's really just skin deep insofar as insight is concerned.
    I take it you mean you can't check it at work? No worries, nothing posted in the main thread yet today (your the last person to post)

I imagine the sword will look nice at least, and hopefully she won't cut her foot off with it.

I think the first pics expression is sad as well, it's part of why I like it. Good art to me takes you into the picture, makes your mind wonder about what's going on.

My pic is more intense. I wanted something that looked as if she was getting ready to thump someone.

For Golan @reedmilfam
    reedmilfam
    LOL. Is he that obvious? We should do this like BG, though. No luvv for shorties EVER!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited April 2013
    Cool. I wanna try this.

Valerius
    Lawful Good human fighter

!7 STR/16 DEX/16 CON/13 INT/13 WIS/12 CHA

I'm not very good at storytelling.

Valerius is a soldier of the army who is particulary devoted to justice and defending his country from any kind of threat. He was sent on a journey by his superiors in order to investigate the strange monster activities in the land.
  • xenavirexenavire Member Posts: 30
    Sorry @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage, it has been full and underway for a while, and for now we have had no drop-outs. Feel free to follow the link to the game thread and check the game progress, and if a spot ever opens I can consider brining you in.

I should probably update the first post to say its full for now, shouldn't I?
    Probably a good idea
    xenavire said:

We finally have our game thread!
    http://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11584

Just go sign in at the OOC thread when you have time, I will get the game running in short order.

@Charlytan To answer a question you made two weeks ago, the above link should take you to the story if you care to see what we've done and lurk in the shadows!

• CharlytanCharlytan Member Posts: 27
    @reedmilfam Thank you for the link, and reminder. lol I forgot about checking in for updates after the first week passed. I'm a horrible lurker. >.<
    @Charlytan but you can still stalk us on tiny padded feets!