Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2013
    *Starts casting Turn Undead*

...Oh, wait! He's not a Wraith, he's back!!

He's alive, ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

XP

[Spoiler] Welcome back, @Archaic. ;) [/spoiler]

EDIT: LOL damned smartphone, I've just "insightful-ed" myself!! XD
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Welcome back! I must admit that I was starting to get a little bit worried, I'm glad that you're okay. :)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Good to see you back, hope you reap the benefits of this unique opportunity. :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I vote for default font, since your new one may have later problems with diacritic letters.
    PS: Welcome back :).
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2013
    Im all for clear crisp readability over stylish flair, especially at low font sizes.
    and Welcome back I was beginning to worry about you. If you felt a few prayers and positive energies bouncing your way, that was probably me :)
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited April 2013
    The font you're voting for was only intended for the top header of each screen not the entire game font.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Archaic said:

The font you're voting for was only intended for the top header of each screen not the entire game font.

Looks like you're calling this one :)
    edited April 2013
    ACI Beta 6 - Long Dialog String Fix
    Long dialog strings should now fit in the bottom text box.

UPDATE: I think there is a longer text string out there I just can't remember who/what is was? Maybe one of the beta testers knows? Edwin?
    GREAT WORK, MAN!!!! :D
    @Metalloman - Do you remember what the other long dialog string was? Edwin?
    Edwin for sure, and Xan too.
    For others I need to see but I'm not at home, now..
    edited April 2013
    I put a lot of thought into supporting multiple languages and after a lot testing I came to the conclusion it would be way too time consuming and difficult for me to make a design that supports all languages. This doesn't mean that Archaic GUI won't work with languages other than English but there might be some quarks or cut off text on occasion. I wish I had the time and resources to support more languages but I need to utilize my time wisely otherwise BETA 6 will never get released.
    edited April 2013
    I've been getting a lot of requests to join the private BETA team. If you're interested in joining our private BETA team send me a private message with the following information:

OS version (windows/mac):
    Resolution:
    Scaled/Non-Scaled Setting:
    Why you want to join the private BETA:

Please be willing to supply screenshots and detailed information about bugs/suggestion if you are selected for the private BETA team. Thank you.

• joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2013
    Very excited, keeps looking better and better.
  • HicoHico Member Posts: 2
    Oi Archaic,

Can't even begin to describe appreciation felt for the sort of methodical, systematic approach You took when coding and doing all the vectors and brushes biz to build this bomb of a mod from ground up, keepin' peeps droolin' with your fresh updates of it's progress.
    Version 6 looks kooshty, graphically perfected and still derived of simplicity, capturing that classic "nostalgic" look as it should while amping it up in every positive way possible.
    Even early rudimentary ver5.5 did the trick to remove that tacky, mass marketing lookin', gold-trimmed vanilla one. Though 6, 6, takes the cake.

EE of Baldur's opened a drawer filled with all memories of the good ol' days rollin' part I & II, ToB. While at it took the opportunity to refresh all the mod versions for 'em, haven't visited dope places with code wizards hangin' about like G3, Spellhold, Mystra and PocketPlane forums for years.
    2013's already looking mighty shiny if you're in the looks for golden age type rpg's, with remake of Baldur's Gate, Project Eternity, which if my vote by some bizarre twist counted you'd design, Shadowrun Returns, spiritual successor to Planescape, but, hell, with this GUI in place, tweaks, Rogue Rebalancing, soon compatible NPC Project, and such timeless, firm and healthy community, Baldur's already a favorite in my book.
    Refuse to roll it again till yer GUI is rockin in the override folder though :D

Gracias for all the creativity, skill and will to make it possible, still, patience is a virtue & really looking forward to the release of it when you'll find the time to polish those few last bits, but without it having an impact on life in a disruptive way.
    Perfectionistic looking as it is already, not surprised the least ya want to tinker with it more.

Blastin' mod amigo, gonna put a lot of smiles on faces. :)
    Keep rockin,
    with regards,

V
    edited April 2013
    @Hico - Thanks for your positive feedback. Comments like that really help drive me to continue working on this immense project.
  • ShadowplayShadowplay Member Posts: 18
    Great idea on gathering resolution and scaling. Beyond the two already listed (1920x1080 and 1440x900) I suspect 1368x768 will be the other very common one.

Anything else we can do to help just let us know :) Thanks again for all the work you continue to put into this.
    edited April 2013
    I want to send out a warm welcome to our new private BETA tester @joshykins. Thanks for your help and support.

Private BETA Release #2 is out!
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    This is so beautiful.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Archaic said:

I want to send out a warm welcome to our new private BETA tester @joshykins. Thanks for your help and support.

Private BETA Release #2 is out!

Thanks, pretty excited to help out :)
    EDIT: Wrong topic LOL
    Here are the resolutions that have been reported by you guys:

1920x1080
    1600x900
    1440x900
    1366x768
    1280x800
    1920x1200
    1680x1050
    1280x1024

If you don't see your resolution on this list please get it added if you plan to use Archaic GUI when its gets released. http://shrib.com/33wBmeml
This discussion has been closed.