Skip to content

NPC with unique race (for BG2:EE)

13»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, nice ideas there, the Dragon born class is pretty cool in fact, despite Tymanther be a little far from the Sword Coast.

I don't support a mind flayer idea, too alien to fit BG saga. Can be raised as an option in BG2, but... it's a bit complicate race to work around (as beholders... man someday i will try to make a beholder NPC mod... one day...).

Githyanki area an awersome NPC race, Dak'kon was a nice experience for NPC in Planescape:Torment, a Githyanki will need some work to be acceptable, as they're enemies of every other race that's not Githyanki, but by other side, we have a huge experience with them in BG and the contact there with this race can provide maybe some opportunities for a Githyanki NPC.

As Solafein, if Team BG work a valen NPC (or another vampire NPC), i will praise in rejoice, however this is a double edge NPC, as if not done 100% well, the chance for a shit NPC is HUGE.

• evil_apeevil_ape Member Posts: 32
    Another race I would really like to see as an NPC is the Warforged: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Well there is a half dragon NPC named... Sheena I think, she's Firkraag's daughter, and a fighter Mage. Personally I think that it needs a bit of work, because there are parts that I think make little sense, but it's a mod that at least has the right idea.

As for an undead, A vampire wants your blood, a zombie wants your brain, and a wraith wants your soul. There has been praise for the Valen Mod, and Neh'Taniel, the wraith Judicial Knight was an interesting implementation I played and actually really enjoyed.

There is also Amber which is REALLY well done IMO (She's a Tiefling), then there's Horace, which I don't know much about. I would love to try out different mods and even test a few.

I think a side point of mine is that if Beamdog gives modders some choice in setting up NPCs, then it doesn't have to be beam dog that implements the wild crazy alternative races. There is some real talent out there among the writers
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I played a NwN mod (don't remember which) that had an undead rogue. I thought it was nicely done, actually. It could be done stupidly, too, but I doubt that, given the talent at BeamDog/Overhaul. An undead who's bitter about the current situation could be very interesting.

Eventually, I will try the Valen mod for BG2:EE (provided it works), as it seemed very original and interesting to me. Most NPC mods appear to be overpowered or sex-toy type mods, which isn't really in keeping with why I personally play the game, so I steer clear.

Regardless, I'll play through (unmodded) a few times and might or might not get around to mods.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @Xavioria I recall having the Sheena mod installed years ago. I found her fun to play with, though looking back I think the Firkraag connection is a bit forced and inappropriate. I don't think new NPC's need to be related to old ones to establish themselves and it gets into 'everyone is related' territory very quickly. Similarly I was against the idea of Tamoko being related to Yoshimo (it just isn't needed).
    I didn't like much Sheena mod, it was cool for a time but i didn't even finsh ToB with her, i just get bored before that (and she should be a sorcerer/fighter unique multi class, that would make a lot more of sense than a mage/fighter for a half-dragon. Yes it's a forbidden combination, but that was an unnoficial mod, so whatever).
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited September 2012
    kamuizin said:

Well, nice ideas there, the Dragon born class is pretty cool in fact, despite Tymanther be a little far from the Sword Coast...

The Doppleganger would be the only one that could possibly go into BGEE. The rest of the idea's were for BG2EE
    Xavioria said:

Well there is a half dragon NPC named... Sheena I think, she's Firkraag's daughter, and a fighter Mage. Personally I think that it needs a bit of work, because there are parts that I think make little sense, but it's a mod that at least has the right idea...

Dragonborn and half-dragon are two completely different things.

Eventually, I will try the Valen mod for BG2:EE (provided it works), as it seemed very original and interesting to me. Most NPC mods appear to be overpowered or sex-toy type mods, which isn't really in keeping with why I personally play the game, so I steer clear

Valen is overpowered, but can cause you so much frustration as well since she just randomly attacks people as well as forcing you to make evil decisions and turning all the good temples as well as the Order of the Radiant Heart against you. I installed it recently, and balancing has been done adding "protection from undead"(level drain resistance) to enemies all over the game.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    edited September 2012
    @GemHound Well I don't recall saying that half-dragons were the same as dragon born, yet, frankly I don't know what dragon born are and never really spoke about any.

I just gave a list off the top of my head of NPCs that are alternative races, and lightly made the point that modders might be interested where beamdog isn't.

loading ressurection... done :)!

If any other NPC has to be made atm, an unique race would be nice (and just for the record, i don't see drow as unique race joinable anymore, Viconia, Baeloth, Solafein, and some other mods with drow NPCs in BG2 made me a bit bored with more drows joining the party, soon we will be able to make a only drow party in BG2 with the mods).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Iecerint