Comments

• KasKas Member Posts: 28
    thanks tommy !!!
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2013
    tommy I think I found one possible bug
    Installing quayle old gnomie default class does not work
    I mean whenever I change his class to default mode,
    he automatically goes back without mod check next time.
    except quayle, it seems all npc goes well with your new default mode :)
    and I love Neera's dragon blood rather than her freaking wild magic lol
  • batenbaten Member Posts: 9
    @tommy, why not add dragon disciple for dynaheir as well while you are at it :)
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    @Kas
    i will check this.
    And i love Neera's as dragon blood sorcerer too. I think its fit totaly the story, because often is talked about her horrible powers.

@beaten
    is noted, i will add this today
    Mod version 1.7:
    -fix Quayle default class Mod
    -fix Dynaheir Sorcerer mod (to many spells)

-add Dynaheit: Sorcerer->Dragon Discipline
    Kasbaten
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @tommy

This is what I'm doing -

Running Mod - Pathing out to Beamdog/0766 - it finds all the mod files

Then I load the mod I want. It shows as installed. It puts the cre files in my override directory.

But when I load the game, even though I've never talked to the NPC prior, he's still showing up without the class change. I'm testing it with Montaron. Tried making him a Fighter/Assassin. He comes up as a Fighter/Thief. If I go back into the interface, it shows that the mod is successfully installed.

Thoughts?
    edited March 2013
    have you been in the area of the NPC before installing the MOD?
    Its because in most cases if you where in the area before, the NPC was loaded and saved in the savegame.

Edit: to test if the mod is installed, you can create a new game and go directly to monataron

Edit2: i testet this mod and for me its works, so i think what i say first is what happents to you
    Post edited by tommy on
    HaHaCharade
  • falconflickerfalconflicker Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Great mod, by the way.
    Request: swashbuckler Safana & possibly support for shs's bgee kitpack (in particular battlepriest Branwen & nightcloak Viconia)
    Xavioria
    edited March 2013
    Safana->Swashbuckler, maybe at the weekend

the support for other kitpacks earliest in 2 Weeks, i have currently some time pressure in other projects
    Xavioria
  • TekDragonTekDragon Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Some Jaheira (sp) kits would be nice. I'd love to have her as just a plain druid.
  • rakovskyrakovsky Member Posts: 5
    Why not just make every class and kit available to every character? You're just going to get weird requests until you do so.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Any chance of the spoiler npc making his way to this mod? I could see him being a dragon disciple, maybe even a normal mage or invoker.
    rakovsky said:

Why not just make every class and kit available to every character? You're just going to get weird requests until you do so.

in the current version of the tool(alpha version) a have create each mod manuel. For the beta version i have planned to reading the engine data and writing some funtions which will allow an easy classchange for all NPCs. But currently i havent much time to work on my tool.
    Akihiko said:

Any chance of the spoiler npc making his way to this mod? I could see him being a dragon disciple, maybe even a normal mage or invoker.

if you tell me the name, i will do this ;)

Ok, I'm not sure if it's ok to say on the forums yet, and I don't know how to do spoiler tags, so I'm gonna go old school on this one and say:
    *SPOILER*

Baeloth
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @Akihiko

It's [ spoiler ] to open and [ /spoiler ] to close, without the spaces.
    Akihiko
    @Eudaemonium

Ah, many thanks. i don't get on forums very often, obviously. :)
    Eudaemonium
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Thanks!
  • DeivisDeivis Member Posts: 13
    This is going to sound absolutely stupid, but I can't seem to get the mod working. And it looks like a REALLY good mod, so thank you for all your hard work tommy!

So I downloaded the installer which works fine, but it's not picking up the mods that are in the same 00766 file. I've read the "player how-to: Getting mods working" and have 'tricked' the computer by typing in 'mklink /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk'. So as it stands everything is working as it should be.

How am I able to get your installer to find the mods? This is coming from a person that doesn't really know the first thing about manually modding!

Thanks, would really appreciate the help!

Deivis
  • vigovilingarvigovilingar Member Posts: 64
    I have the same problem like someone above. I have istalled Kivan mod, but nothing is changed. I started new game, but it didn't help.
    Deivis said:

How am I able to get your installer to find the mods? This is coming from a person that doesn't really know the first thing about manually modding!

currently you can only install the included mods using other mods is not possible at the moment

I have the same problem like someone above. I have istalled Kivan mod, but nothing is changed. I started new game, but it didn't help.

you can take a look in the game folder:
    just check if the Files "KIVANx.CRE" (x is a number) exist in the Directory "00766//override"

edited April 2013
    @tommy
    So I checked and there are three such files. But also I have lots saved games with i.e. Kivan in my team, so maybe this is a problem. I have started a new game and having your mode instaled, nothing is changed. He still is a basic ranger. Do I have to delete all my saves?
    @vigovilingar
    no you dont need to delete your savegames, i will check the mods to make sure its not the mod itself.
    just to ask which system you are using (Windows, Mac,...?)
    Windows 7
    Ok i have testet the mod and it works as expected. So i dont know what happents to you...

You can try to reinstall the mod...or maybe you can upload the cre files from the override folder, then i can check if they are correct.
  • DeivisDeivis Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your help btw!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Xan as a Dragon Disciple would be great : better spells selection, and the AC bonus will synergise with his Moonblade, allowing him to go to the frontline.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Tommy: how do you install these kits on Mac OSX? Do you just place the *.cre files in the override folder?
    edited May 2013
    i havent testet it yet, but yes it should work this way :)
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Tommy, hmm, I will try it again then, but Kivan remained a ranger in stead of an archer... I will be back on this.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited May 2013
    I skimmed through the previous 4 pages and didn't see any addressing of the fact that a version of this already exists but it hasn't yet been fully implemented for BGEE. http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/ Perhaps it would be better to start off with their code and edit it as necessary instead of remaking the wheel.

EDIT: Because I realized this sounded aggressive; I am not belittling the work you have put into this mod already, I am merely suggesting that if the code is already there then it might be a smaller leap to just convert the old source code to the new BGEE syntax.