Skip to content

GOG D&D Sale!

Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
Title says it all. I'm so excited. I missed last year's sale and have been waiting eagerly for another. And now it's finally here. It's a great way to end the week. I wanted to share with everyone else in case they missed out from the previous sale or were just interested as well.

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

And now to celebrate
To the window! \(-.-\ )
To the wall! ( /-.-)/
To the...wait no that may not be appropriate...
To all you...no this isn't very appropriate either...
To all...ah screw it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snR8HvL8Yng

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Got excited when it said planescape: torment $1.99.
    Got less excited as I unselected all the games watched the price rise up to $5.99. My prepaid visa only has 4.15 left on it.
    Which leaves me with The Temple of Elemental Evil that I can purchase... which seems tempting... but unconvinced.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    i see what you mean. i remembering reading in the article with the sale that if you own the other games on gog that the overall price ought to go down with those games being counted as well. http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_dd_dynamo

ToEE isn't bad. never beaten it, but it was interesting to see 3.5 rules in action.

now that i'm looking at it (gog sale) it says you save 40% if you just buy 1 game. so PS:T=$5.99 now becomes $3.59. did you try just selecting PS:T and then going to the checkout to see what the overall price is before paying with your visa? maybe the price will adjust accordingly then...i hope.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I already had all the D&D games on GOG. Neverwinter Nights 2 is new to the catalogue, meaning I could buy it with 80% discount ($3,99=€3,19 with the current exchange rate of the dollar).So it's mostly a nice offer to complete the collection for those who already own much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

i see what you mean. i remembering reading in the article with the sale that if you own the other games on gog that the overall price ought to go down with those games being counted as well. http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_dd_dynamo

ToEE isn't bad. never beaten it, but it was interesting to see 3.5 rules in action.

now that i'm looking at it (gog sale) it says you save 40% if you just buy 1 game. so PS:T=$5.99 now becomes $3.59. did you try just selecting PS:T and then going to the checkout to see what the overall price is before paying with your visa? maybe the price will adjust accordingly then...i hope.

Nope. The original price is 9.99.
    I caved (sorta) and bought ToEE. Installed and Co8 patched it last night. Probably start playing it sometime this week. I'll add it to the list of games I need to finish before buying a new console game.
    deltago said:

Nope. The original price is 9.99.
    I caved (sorta) and bought ToEE. Installed and Co8 patched it last night. Probably start playing it sometime this week. I'll add it to the list of games I need to finish before buying a new console game.

for some reason it says $5.99 for me (but as a gift so maybe that's why it's cheaper).
    i've never modded before so i gave it a shot last night with IWD 2. installed ease of use, undead targos, and a handful of other stuff. had a little trouble with light of selune but other than that it went smooth. haven't started playing yet though. i'm currently working on Caesar 3 and i just found some South Park WAV files that i could install for the game. i have a terrible attention span.
    IWD2 I bought when if first came out. Still haven't finished it either. Restarted it recently but a new release called BG:EE got in the way. My attention span for games is horrible too.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    deltago said:

IWD2 I bought when if first came out. Still haven't finished it either. Restarted it recently but a new release called BG:EE got in the way. My attention span for games is horrible too.

I don't know what it is about IWD2, but I've never been able to finish it either. I've started at least half a dozen playthroughs (and spent tons of time creating characters and parties), but I always end up losing interest part way through.
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    edited April 2013
    Shit... I already have bg1 and bg2 from there, and I leave for basic training at the end of May... I work full time, workout, and go to my recruiter station weekly. No time for that many games! Need more hours in the day to take advantage of that, or I need to buy more monsters... :( Life is hard! I've never played IWD2 or NWN2 and want to try them. Oh well, one day! Thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention though, I'm sure someone will be able to experience other games besides BG1-2 from that, as all those games are great!

EDIT: I want to try PS:T as well... only heard great things about it! GRRRR!! Maybe in six months or so!
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    I bought 'em all. Stoked.

Looking forward to digging back into IWD, as well as trying out NWN (never played that one before ...)

Not sure when the hell I'll have time to install and play all of these, but it's nice to know I got 'em when I want to.
    NWN was a meh game story wise. The expansions were much better. Online play was where the real gem of a game was. Many single player community mods were well written.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    There have not been enough D&D games :(
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Add me to the count of those who never finished IWD2...
    I got close to the end of vanilla IWD2 back when it first came out (I borrowed my friend's copy after he had beaten it) but for some reason just stopped playing. I like options for customizing my party but too many possibilities make me way too indecisive and unable to even get past the prologue. As of now I've tried IWD2 again but with the Undead Targos mod and something that gives all NPCs (friend and foe) max HP and I can't even get past the Docks -.- Gonna have to scrub my party and try again.

In other news, GOG has ANOTHER sale. This time it's all about Interplay.

http://www.gog.com/promo/interplay_weekend_promo_120413

GOG, you spoil me with your generosity.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I haven't beaten IWD2 in Vanilla mode, but I've done it with Mods. Darn Domi and her IWD2 NPC project mod.

Well, during this sale I got PS:T and ToEE. And...I got really close to the end of PS:T, but alas, the ending bugged, so I think I'll just restart PS:T after I'm done with my second play of Arcanum, and when I beat ToEE.

Only two DnD games I don't have now are: Demon Stone, and Dragonshard. I've played Demon Stone on the PS2, but that was because my cousins owned it. Got to a boss and then stopped.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Just bought Fallout 1&2 :)
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Can't believe I missed this! I was hoping to get a copy of IWD or IWD2, since the discs my family has aren't working, and PS:T, but I guess I'll wait for another sale.