Skip to content

Constitution stays at 25

DragonGedDragonGed Member Posts: 38
When I used Protection from Petrification several times while killing Basilisk, my Con stayed at 25 permanently, also I appear to have gained permanent regeneration, ala Ribald's Ring.......

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, if you have constitution above 19 you are supposed to gain regeneration so that is normal. The real question is what raised your constitution... Did you use the level 1 mage spell or the green protection scroll.

By the way this happened during your Dragon Disciple run right? It could be possible that the Con increases granted are glitched... What was your initial constitution when you created your character started the game and what level are you at now and did you use the book of bodily health?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    More info would be nice. Also, can you attached a savegame?
  • DragonGedDragonGed Member Posts: 38
    This happened during my run, and after using Protection from Petrification spell several times while killing Basilisk'. I started out at 18 Con, went up as it should to 19 on a level change. Used no Tomes.Level 1 mage spell was used. My thought was maybe the rise was an effect of the spell, which didn't go away? Anyhow, thats all I know... glad that the regen is normal, makes me feel less, 'cheesy' lol
    How about this: Is the number indicating your constitution red or white?
    edited April 2013
    White.... it just stays there. I'd edit it back to where it should be if I could. If it was TuTu or BG1 or 2 , I could. Is there a character editor yet? The Class is fun, and they nerfed alot of hacks, like inventory underflow and such, so its actually fun to play again
    Thanks!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I'm pretty sure it was the dragon disciple's con bonus. But it is unclear how a protection scroll could trigger that. I could imagine stone to flesh doing this, but that would kill your main char.
    I wish that I would have caught it when it did right away. I don't think that I did, until I noticed I was regenerating fully when I slept, as you do when you fall asleep under a 'Draw Upon Holy Might' , maybe its related to that old bug. And, no it was not set on sleep till healed. Anyhow, from my point of view, EE keeper fixes it. I'll leave the bugs to you guys!