Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @Etamin - I don't have a release date yet. I might have a release date set in the next few days.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    We're all with you, @Archaic! ;)
  • HinageshiHinageshi Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    hi... i'm just thinkig about container interface like bag of holding or potions ones... are they missing ?
    you can open containers in your inventory or during trading with merchant and there is a "close container" button
    edited April 2013
    @Hinageshi - All containers have been designed and I referenced an image above. There will be a "close container" text as well. Most functionality should be similar to the vanilla GUI. Thanks.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • netc0rdnetc0rd Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Looks awesome. I've been holding off replaying BG:EE for about a week now due to this mod alone.
    Props, Archaic. They should really adopt your design into BG2:EE, because it's friggin gorgeous!
    edited April 2013
    @netc0rd - Thanks for the props. I've also been holding off on playing until the GUI is fully complete. Looking forward to starting a new play through.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    oh good glad I'm not the only one who hasn't played because they are waiting for this. :D
    edited April 2013
    Right now I'm going through each screen one by one and doing spot checks and tweaking. I'm glad to hear everyone is looking forward to this mod so much that they're willing to put their BG:EE play on hold until its release! I can't wait to announce the release date soon. :)
  • KrudarKrudar Member Posts: 95
    @Archaic The beta testing will last until the end of the game?
    edited April 2013
    @Krudar - No, until I have completely redesigned all screens in the game.
  • KrudarKrudar Member Posts: 95
    *sbav*
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    this is very good news. been waiting on this :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Soon...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Aww waiting with anticipation!
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Is it possible to fill the background in this window with something not so plain? I think reasonably "calm" and not too distracting wallpaper will fit nicely here,
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    @ Archaic -- I don't understand what "non-centered" windows entails.
    edited April 2013
    @Iecerint - the vanilla default for non-scaled settings.
    @Xzar - Of course its possible. However, I like the background.
    Could you produce a picture of the default? I play on iPad, and I think it's pretty centered.

Is everything shoved into the upper-left corner and extremely ugly?
    edited April 2013
    @Iecerint - As stated in the post "Only applies to non-scaled settings." The iPad uses scaled settings by default if I'm not mistaken which would have centered windows.
    @Archaic - I'm just trying to get a taste of how the other half lives. :]
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    We eat caviar and hor d'oeuvres just like, all the time. And laugh at the scaled UI using peasants. ;)

Looking good, Archaic. :D
    edited April 2013
    zomg!

This is iPad-able by putting everything into Portraits, innit?

EDIT: I guess I'll find out soon. :]
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2013
    Iecerint said:

zomg!

This is iPad-able by putting everything into Portraits, innit?

EDIT: I guess I'll find out soon. :]

It should work, old version worked very well when files were put in portraits folder and it still works, I just had to delete inventory screen files, as the latest patch had made them incompatible. General UI, fonts, main screen, start up screen, save/load screen, etc. %80 of the old version mod works amazingly on Ipad, it looks so good. And hopefully, the new version will look even better!

edited April 2013
    I was implementing the centered windows mod when I found a bug in the journal screen. The journal screen is the only screen that has this bug and might prevent the the centered windows mod from happening in BETA 6.
    I reported the bug here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18349/left-panel-bug-in-journal
This discussion has been closed.