Skip to content

What's wrong with my Werewolf Isand quest?

This happened twice in my two different walkthrough: The curse of lycanthropy is not lift after I killed Mendas/Selaad. "The Reclusive Scholar" is a done quest recorded in the journal.

Charname is ok. But after 3 days, when my team just came out of the candle Keep and went to the Friendly Arm Inn to prepare for the final investigation into the Baldur's Gate, all the four team members turned into greater werewolves and attacked Charname.

This is really frustrating.

I need help.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This would be what we call a bug. I will check to see if it is reported or not. In the mean time if you know how to use EE keeper you should be able to remove the timer that makes you go wolf. Let me know if you need help doing this.
    dawnlance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    dawnlance
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25
    Thank you indeed foryour nice response!

I am playing with ipad version 2014. And I am thinking if the werewolf quest is an impossible mission.

If EE keeper can worl for the ipad version, I will try it.

Thank you.
    Perhaps I have to wait for a patch for fixing this problem? I do not know if my experience is unique or common.
    I just reported it in the tracker so hopefully it will be fixed by the next patch. In the meantime try doing this workaround if you can:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/298261/#Comment_298261
    dawnlance
    Thank you. In my first playthrough I went to Durlag after killing Selaad. And when I just arrived at Durlag, all team members except charname turned to greater werewolves. It's 24 hours after.

This time, I finished the werewolf island quest, and I traveled around for a while. For more than two days, nothing happened. I think I am safe. And I finished the investigation of Candle Keep. But the bad thing happened, much later than the first playthrough.

I have a saved record before going to the island. Maybe I'd better forget the werewolves and move on to finish the game directly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I think this is an old problem from even before the EE. If someone would put together a guide to fix it with Shadowkeeper it might be of more use than any in-game work around.
    TressetKidCarnivaldawnlance
    I removed all the team members before they turning into wolves. Someone stayed where they were romoved, outside the door of Candle Keep. But Neera went back to Friendly Arm Inn. I went to FAI to pick her up. She immediately turned to wolf.

I reloaded, and went to Viconia, whom I dropped in FAI. As soon as she joined me, Viconia became a she-wolf! She had never went to the Werewolf Island.

I didn't try other NPC waiting for me in FAI. Dorn, Yeslick, Minsc etc. I think they will be the same.
    CaptRory said:

I think this is an old problem from even before the EE. If someone would put together a guide to fix it with Shadowkeeper it might be of more use than any in-game work around.

And here it is:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/301993/#Comment_301993
    dawnlanceCaptRory