Skip to content

Certain NPCs don't voice their INITIAL_MEETING sounds.

JaceJace Member Posts: 193
edited November 2013 in Fixed
All of a sudden, all the NPCs that engage dialogue with you from a distance (rather than walking towards you) do not voice their corresponding sounds.

Some examples:

Tracea Carol doesn't shout "Welcome to the awakening. Your souls shall feed the beast that comes."
Sendai doesn't shout "Touch me not. You are unclean."
Lamalha doesn't shout "Your end shall be quick if you let it."
Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen doesn't shout "Ello, pal."
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    They fixed some of these (Bassilus for instance) but not all of them (like the ones you mentioned and Drizzt for instance). Not sure how we lost these in the first place but it may take some time to get them all back in place.
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    I haven't played for a while, but these sounds were voiced just fine during my older playthroughs. Did the last mini-update for Italian break these?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The last update only touched the Italian TLKs, so no.
    Like I said, I think these were ALL broken when EE first came out. They are fixing them little by little but it will probably take some time.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @Jalily @Tresset @Jace

Apparently there are/were a lot of bugged links to sounds and unused sounds.

This mod, which I personally haven't tried, fixed a lot of the sound issues and might be worth investigating.

Almateria's restoration project at Spellhold Studios

Check out item C:

C. Restored Sounds

The biggest and the most important component, it restores proper damaged, dying and morale break sounds to over 1600 characters. A few of them also have additional unused sounds for other occasions.
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    @Tresset They were not broken in my game, with the exception of Bassilus and Nimbul, who were fixed in subsequent patches. So, either my game was less broken than others, or something broke itself later on for no reason at all. I have no mods installed, used NearInfinity to just peek at files, and the only time I ever used Shadowkeeper was to try to change hair and skin to an unconventional color, which promptly crashed my game.

Would a save game, or my latest crash file be of any benefit to you?
    Probably don't need a save file in this case.