Skip to content

Can you move guards/people/NPC (cyan ring) without going hostile?

WarChiefWarChief Member Posts: 7
edited April 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
On the mine map I come out of the mines after fighting the lurker below. The three guards standing in the way trap 2 of my players on the octagon? Formation. All other formations take more characters behind the guard. I talk to them and they congratulate me for being hero but will not move! It is very frustrating. It seems they want me to live in the mines forever haha. The only way I got them to move was by having jaheira punch them lol..... Then we run as they barrage us with hits. Is there a better way? Is this just a glitch? Are they in fact supposed to move again as they did when they allowed you in? Or are the amnish soldiers really slave masters? Haha
Post edited by WarChief on

Comments

• WarChiefWarChief Member Posts: 7
    Then it made me think can you move blue rings without hurting them somehow? (Example: can montaron move women out of a mansion room to plunder its contents? That would come in handy to continue my sneaky pursuits. Ha
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'm not sure which mines you mean. There are 3 guards standing in the entrance of Nashkel Mines, but they'll go away after you talk to the mine owner and then talk to them. There are no guards on the exit. Cloakwood Mines, there should be no guards either; there are a couple of slaves unless you paid for their release, but you don't walk out. You just appear outside after the cutscene.

Either way, if some formations put more NPCs on whatever side of the guard block, it means there's enough room for at least one NPC. Select them one by one and gather them away from the guards.
  • GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    There is an actual exit to the mine down where you fight the "boss." Explore those dungeonmaps fully. You do not need to go back up through the levels to the entrance to get out.
    Thanks griboe missed that I guess. And the other reply didn't quite apply to this situation at all because the guards are there and there is no way to get whoevers stuck behind them past them! as i stated before, thanks though.... I just want to know of a way to move blue npcs without getting hostile!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yes there is. It is called charm.
    zur312
    Yes good one!
    WarChief said:

And the other reply didn't quite apply to this situation at all because the guards are there and there is no way to get whoevers stuck behind them past them! as i stated before, thanks though.

A better description of the situation generally helps - especially if there are mines involved, since there are 2 of them and they have different exits. I still have no idea which mine you mean and where you are trying to leave.

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419

WarChief said:

And the other reply didn't quite apply to this situation at all because the guards are there and there is no way to get whoevers stuck behind them past them! as i stated before, thanks though.

A better description of the situation generally helps - especially if there are mines involved, since there are 2 of them and they have different exits. I still have no idea which mine you mean and where you are trying to leave.

He was trying to leave the Nashkel Mines through the entrance at the top, rather than the exit on the same level as Mulahey.
    the_spyder
    Oh. But wouldn't the 3 guards already have moved aside when entering the mines?
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Perhaps they came back.

After all, they can't be letting just anyone in there.
    They are missing a great opportunity there - they should sell tickets!
  • ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    If you have cheats enabled you can just teleport out : D
    RAM021